PSL- Season 2 (UAE, Lahore) - 2017

Asim

How is it a "tournament" when the 2nd worst team is guaranteed a play-off spot.  But greenbros desperately need this thing to work.  They need the cash it may generate to get their domestic cricket right.  

Good luck to PSL, maybe in a couple of years it can displace BPL on the T20 league pecking order.  :p:

IPL

*daylight*

Big Bash

*more daylight*

CPL

BPL/Ram Slam/ Natwest T20/

PSL

CPL has lot more quality than Big bash .

30 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

Should have had the best two teams playing the finals instead. 

How many of Pak posters here live in Pakistan. How do you see the situation at home

Honestly we Pak fans in general, now started to feel that Govt and PCB officials themselves are least honest to bring cricket back in Pak otherwise things are not at all like it used to be 3,5 years ago. Fans would love to have cricket back home... Also I think it would be v v important for Pak cricket itself cz I'm afraid if things remained same for like 4,6 years more, cricket 'culture' will start moving towards a huge decline which may be already not as Big as it used to be in 90s when cricket was a part of blood for every kid but still people love it... I can imagine jam-packed stadiums for ODIs/T20s/PSL if cricket comes home...

4 hours ago, Asim said:

Honestly we Pak fans in general, now started to feel that Govt and PCB officials themselves are least honest to bring cricket back in Pak otherwise things are not at all like it used to be 3,5 years ago. Fans would love to have cricket back home... Also I think it would be v v important for Pak cricket itself cz I'm afraid if things remained same for like 4,6 years more, cricket 'culture' will start moving towards a huge decline which may be already not as Big as it used to be in 90s when cricket was a part of blood for every kid but still people love it... I can imagine jam-packed stadiums for ODIs/T20s/PSL if cricket comes home...

Good points Asim.  I feel like PCB has not been investing enough in local cricket - in absence of top international cricket, you cannot just let the domestic cricket atrophy - you have to actually work harder to make sure facilities and quality of cricket is maintained.  Given the politics and corruption of PCB, I don't see that happening.  Real long-term risk to Pakistan cricket I feel.  And I don't think the PSL will magically solve these problems.  Not unless the proceeds are used wisely and applied to boost FC cricket.  

Honestly - banter aside - last 4,5 years the rivalry has lost a lot of its juice.  I don't like seeing Pak cricket descend to the levels of SL, Bang etc.  That just doesn't sit right with me.  After all, Jai and Veeru can't be quite the same, if there is no Gabbar:winky:

8 hours ago, Asim said:

but the point is, is there any other game that is being played in international level within pakistan ? if there are none then cricket will still remain preeminent.

8 hours ago, Asim said:

Ideally the whole world wants to see Pak host home games just like we like seeing small countries like Zim and Ireland host more teams but there is I guess still lot of problems which everyone hopes are resolved.

I have many friends here from Pakistan who say that it is just hard too hard to go back home and feel safe all the time. These guys love Pakistan to death and yet they have such things to say. Some of them are from Karachi and mention all the time that it is hard to walk with even a cell phone in hand there as people can snatch it from you and you won't be able to do anything. 

19 minutes ago, Vilander said:

but the point is, is there any other game that is being played in international level within pakistan ? if there are none then cricket will still remain preeminent.

Yeah that's right, no other sports as good or famous yet, Hockey has almost vanished... Couldn't believe when sometimes ago I noticed many of Sports shops dont even sell hockey sticks anymore...

and not obv at any international level but I see football somehow getting more and more popular esp in big cities. Here in Rawalpindi/Islamabad we see so many grounds have replaced cricket with football as major daily sports activity...

27 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Ideally the whole world wants to see Pak host home games just like we like seeing small countries like Zim and Ireland host more teams but there is I guess still lot of problems which everyone hopes are resolved.

I have many friends here from Pakistan who say that it is just hard too hard to go back home and feel safe all the time. These guys love Pakistan to death and yet they have such things to say. Some of them are from Karachi and mention all the time that it is hard to walk with even a cell phone in hand there as people can snatch it from you and you won't be able to do anything. 

Yes, may be sitting outside Pak their 'impression' is justified however living here in Pak I  can tell situation Everywhere has improved alot in last 3,4 yrs snce Army conducted operations, not saying no more issues but overall its much much better.

I can tell, only till few yrs ago, it was hard to even imagine 'visiting' Karachi for someone living here Rwp/Isl, issue were def quite serious then but now as many of my friends who belong here Rwp/Isl nd doing jobs in karachi, on coming home they offer me a visit and tell how things have changed and it is becoming fun again living there...

Yes, mobile snatching however, although declined but still a major issue there and people now unfortunately had to keep a diff/lower-end cell while going out...

3 hours ago, Asim said:

Yeah that's right, no other sports as good or famous yet, Hockey has almost vanished... Couldn't believe when sometimes ago I noticed many of Sports shops dont even sell hockey sticks anymore...

and not obv at any international level but I see football somehow getting more and more popular esp in big cities. Here in Rawalpindi/Islamabad we see so many grounds have replaced cricket with football as major daily sports activity...

the great thing about football is you dont need a great amount of gear to play it, so its more accessible but for a sport to be popular it need patronage,excellence,pride of representing etc But i guess if pak team does poorly for a very long time it will have an impact on the games popularity, same thing happend for indian hockey.

On 1/25/2017 at 10:52 PM, Asim said:

Yes, may be sitting outside Pak their 'impression' is justified however living here in Pak I  can tell situation Everywhere has improved alot in last 3,4 yrs snce Army conducted operations, not saying no more issues but overall its much much better.

I can tell, only till few yrs ago, it was hard to even imagine 'visiting' Karachi for someone living here Rwp/Isl, issue were def quite serious then but now as many of my friends who belong here Rwp/Isl nd doing jobs in karachi, on coming home they offer me a visit and tell how things have changed and it is becoming fun again living there...

Yes, mobile snatching however, although declined but still a major issue there and people now unfortunately had to keep a diff/lower-end cell while going out...

Good to see that things are improving. It is going to take a monumental effort to get cricket restarted in Pakistan. Problem is India Pakistan relations are going to be the way they have been. I don't see relations normalizing and teams like Aus/Eng do not even tour places like Bangladesh regularly for security reasons. SL most likely to tour next even after that fateful attack. PSL maybe the big opportunity to start cricket in the country. 

Edited by CoverDrive