Just a bad day guys

Cricketics

6 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Sorry but I did not like how Virat reacted on this bad day.He will be tested on bad days only.

I saw him say "come on yaar" when there was a misfield.

Nothing wrong. Yes it was in frustration but it can also remind fielders that they are losing it and need to gather themselves back. Sometimes you have to say. 

I saw him smiling too at Pujara when he asked Pujara if it was out before review and Pujara said "pata nahi shayad" and he was making fun of that. So he is also enjoying but rightly keeping his boys pumped up and in check. You can't always do the same thing as Dhoni by not reacting to misfields. Sometimes you got to let them know. Not always but sometimes. 

All in all, a bad day for all.

Yeah, a really bad day at the office. And a field day for 'some' idiots on this forum.

I support our team but I think the game has definitely gotten away. 300 lead and still 6 wickets left for Aus.

Also a reality check for people like @maniac who think matches are won/lost only because of the pitch. And that India is somehow unbeatable on a spinning pitch, and the opposition is there just to show up and lose.

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Better then acting all cool like all good lol

peroanally I think catching so poor that needs anger 

huh? he should show his emotions ,what is being talked about here is the frustration in which he exhausted two reviews,It was appalling

Just now, chewy said:

I hope this type of pitches remain

Still believe Aus got away lucky with this one, 

some poor shot selection and bad luck in India's 1st innings

there is nothing in Aus batting lineup except Smith that says they have improved vs spin

Even smith got lucky with the drops

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I saw him say "come onnuaar" when there was misfield.

Nothing wrong. Yes it was in frustration but it can also remind fielders that they are losing it and need to gather themselves back. Sometimes you have to say. 

I saw him smiling too at Pujara when he asked Pujara if it was out before review and Pujara said "pata nahi shayad" and he was making fun of that. So he is also enjoying but rightly keeing his boys pumped up and in check. You can't always do the same thing as Shoni by not rezcting to misfields. Sometimes you got to let them know. Not always but sometimes. 

All in all, a bad day for all.

Again this is not about reacting to fielders but simply about wasting reviews,bowling changes.He was rattled.

Why is everyone bringing in Dhoni,he was ****,he is past now,he is retired now. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Again this is not about reacting to fielders but simply about wasting reviews,bowling changes.He was rattled.

Why is everyone bringing in Dhoni,he was ****,he is past now,he is retired now. :facepalm:

No I am pointing you out that in fielding you have to just say thing at times since we did different ways earlier. I am not one of those anti-Dhoni folks you looking at, just pointing you out why Kohli did that and rightly did.

Regarding, reviews yes,taking them was a bad choice. I will say bad reviews here more than first innings as in first innings he was made to take by Saha but here it looked bad because not many were interested.

But that is not even part of bad day. Taking reviews or not doesn't make our day bad as we did not lose anything with it.

Our bad day was mainly because of our batting and then fielding. 

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No I am pointing you out that in fielding you have to just say thing at times since we did different ways earlier. I am not one of those anti-Dhoni folks you looking at, just pointing you out why Kohli did that and rightly did.

Regarding, reviews yes,taking them was a bad choice. I will say bad reviews here more than first innings as in first innings he was made to take by Saha but here it looked bad because not many were interested.

But that is not even part of bad day. Taking reviews or not doesn't make our day bad as we did not lose anything with it.

Our bad day was mainly because of our batting and then fielding. 

And yes I am agreeing with you on that ,its human to show your reactions to fielders.You dont need to reiterate.

He needs to take reviews with great caution,he is using it the same way his coach used it when he was the captain in 2008.Reviews do not mean you are getting a chance to get a wicket if denied by the umpire.Needs to be more thought out rather than gut or for the sake of it.I think this series is going to be a dog fight.he needs to be sensible while making decisions.

Virat will be tested again once he comes out to bat tomorrow,.Wanted to enjoy his batting today on a holiday but he threw it away :wall:.Hope he comes out trump tomorrow.

My only issue is the way we take reviews based on impulse or gut feeling and not based on logic. This happens even on days when we are on top and not just on bad days.  We must change this.

Otherwise, one bad day or one bad match is NOT  a big deal at all and every team is bound have one or even two.

Even if we lose this match.... no big deal.  

Learning to react under pressure as a team is very important too as things won't always go our way.

From that perspective, this is an opportunity for our team to learn.

From the next test match, we just need to play the way we have been doing in the last 18 months in test matches.

No need to panic and change teams drastically etc.

Edited by express bowling

Yeah but it will affect the team psychologically, make no mistake about that. First test of a series, getting bowled out for 100 and a newbie taking a 6 for, dropping easy chances and then end up probably losing by a big margin on a turning track. Its just not losing a test but the manner of losing which will make a difference.

Pressure will be on the batsmen as most of them havent been consistent. I feel Lyon will be a big threat in this series because of his experience and also he is a good bowler. Their batsmen will also get better as they get used to conditions as well. Our next test is in Bangalore as well where visiting teams like England, Aus, SA have done better.

Advantage Australia from here IMO.

Our slip fielding and close catchers have been very poor lately, secondly m worried about Rahane playing spin in sub continent he is the opposite of Raina in terms of spin versus pace weakness hope he figures out a way to be as successful in India.

Also worried about love for Jayant Yadav just because he can bat but he is a ordinary spinner n I would love to see K Yadav come in also he can bat, Australians showed they r young but not walkovers, showed balanced approach u like the Poms, India need to play with spirit as in cricket you never know also if track gets slower spin will be slow spin n too much turn takes out Lbw to lower percentage, a bouncer from Virat, Rahul who knows , also hopefully Kuldeep gets a game next n Pandya can come in for Ishant.