Jayant Yadav-Is he a long term solution?

maniac

Don't get me wrong,I like him.Hardworking cricketer who gives it his best shot...seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.....has a compact batting technique for SC conditions....decent spinner in domestics and will have a decent spell at the international level.

But is he a long term solution?

I definitely don't see the IT factor in him....is he good enough to justify a spot on bowling or batting alone?

Same question we ask for so many "allrounders"...can he make it into the team as a batsman alone? can he make it into the team as a bowler alone?

Can you contribute something meaningful...you sure have the ability to and I also made it more easier for you by not calling out on captain cool's mistakes.

It is as meaningful as it gets man. If Rohit can play the number of tests he has played Jayant surely deserves a longer run. He has already shown great temperament with the bat in barely 3-4 matches and does his job as a support bowler. Already contributes much more than Rohit.

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Can you contribute something meaningful...you sure have the ability to and I also made it more easier for you by not calling out on captain cool's mistakes.

If you point out Dhoni he will accuse you of being desh drohi and a scumbag. Oh and he will downvote your posts. 

8 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Yes.A wrist spinner would have made a lot of difference.

You didn't before Mishra in the do not troll with names.....waiting for @Cricketics in 3....2......1 :giggle:

Anyway on topic on a green pitch or on a minefield 4 main bowlers are enough to pick 20 wickets....but you need a longer batting line up to counter these pitches tailor made for bowlers.

Jayant doesn't add a lot here

As a spin bowling all rounder he is good. Al though ill prefer kuldeep over him as 3rd spinner but then there has to be a call taken on 2nd seamers btw shankar or pandya or u go with proper seamer and that weakens ur batting. 

All this permutation n combinations will start to affect saha's chances soon as well. 

Jayant is a long term answer yes for sure, coz we need to start looking at all rounders for future n he is one. 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

As a spin bowling all rounder he is good. Al though ill prefer kuldeep over him as 3rd spinner but then there has to be a call taken on 2nd seamers btw shankar or pandya or u go with proper seamer and that weakens ur batting. 

All this permutation n combinations will start to affect saha's chances soon as well. 

Jayant is a long term answer yes for sure, coz we need to start looking at all rounders for future n he is one. 

He is not good enough bat to last on minefields,bouncy pitches or green tops...sure he has decent technique on neutral on flat pitches.

As a bowler he can't do much on minefields,how is he going to deliver as a back up main spinner in case of an injury to Ashwin/Jadeja on most tracks?

You don't play all-rounders just for the heck of it.

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

He is not good enough bat to last on minefields,bouncy pitches or green tops...sure he has decent technique on neutral on flat pitches.

As a bowler he can't do much on minefields,how is he going to deliver as a back up main spinner in case of an injury to Ashwin/Jadeja on most tracks?

You don't play all-rounders just for the heck of it.

I think more then questining him on minefield we shud ques someone like rahane

Yes as a bowler he shud be questioned, thats were i wanted kuldeep but his batting is below jayant. 

So we are compromising in every way. 

Neways its to early to count this guy out, he is initial years.....he wud improve and has all the skill to. As an all rounder he wud only improve with time. N all the All rounder we have are pretty much bits n pieces type only. Its not that we have a hidden kallis somewere

N playing proper 6 batsman well we dnt have the luxury of part timers anymore. 

If its a rank turner next game get in nair , as such pitches can make a part timer very effective. 

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

Ishant Sharma has not been a solution for anything for half a decade.

If he can continuously get a long rope I fail to see why others like Yadav should not get at least half those opportunities. 

Ishant Sharma is the Rocky Balboa from Rocky 1. He'll get hit for runs but will never give up and keep bowling.