Get them out below a lead of 400 and unleash the God of chasing

maniac

In retrospect toss was very crucial here and Aus made full use of that,though we were complicit in our disaster.On topic, Rahane needs to perform in the second innings,otherwise his place will be under scrutiny.I ll be happy with a good fight in the fourth innings.

3 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Rahane will prove many people here wrong sooner or later. He has a knack of doing well when backs are against the wall.

Really hope he proves me wrong this match. He definitely has the temparement to do well, it's just the technique against spin which remains a question. He plays quite a few length balls on back foot which will be dangerous on this pitch.

Really hope he proves me wrong this match. He definitely has the temparement to do well, it's just the technique against spin which remains a question. He plays quite a few length balls on back foot which will be dangerous on this pitch.

Yes the back foot thing was also why he struggled against Rashid.

I want us to chase the target with iron determination and put  fear in the minds of the Aussies.  They should be made to feel that even if they play really well  ( like they did in this test )    they are not safe.

One advantage we will have is that we will be playing mostly on a 3rd day pitch and won't be chasing on the 5th day.  People may say that the pitch is bad to bat on as it is but I think that it is possible to bat on this track. Otherwise, hacks like Mitchell Marsh would not have survived this long.

We should not throw our wickets away and put a price on every wicket.... let the Aussies earn them.  Our batsmen are capable of scoring runs even without lofted shots and this should be really minimized on this track.  Chasing wide deliveries off pacers should be totally avoided.  

Kohli is obviously the key player....but I feel we can do it.  We need to wrest psychological advantage from the Aussies.   Let's show them Team India what we can do    !!

Edited by express bowling
19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I want us to chase the target with iron determination and put  fear in the minds of the Aussies.  They should be made to feel that even if they play really well  ( like they did in this test )    they are not safe.

One advantage we will have is that we will be playing mostly on a 3rd day pitch and won't be chasing on the 5th day.  People may say that the pitch is bad to bat on as it is but I think that it is possible to bat on this track. Otherwise, hacks like Mitchell Marsh would not have survived this long.

We should not throw our wickets away and put a price on every wicket.... let the Aussies earn them.  Our batsmen are capable of scoring runs even without lofted shots and this should be really minimized on this track.  Chasing wide deliveries off pacers should be totally avoided.  

Kohli is obviously the key player....but I feel we can do it.  We need to wrest psychological advantage from the Aussies.   Let's show them Team India what we can do    !!

Arent the commentators saying it is like a 7th day track already.I dont know from where is this misplaced optimism n bravado coming in many people here :hmmm::hmmm:. I see a dark tunnel ahead in this test.Its ok this team can lose one match and come back in the next test.

There is no fear in the minds of Aussies this time,they are playing as rank underdogs and it seems they are liking that fact.Obviously the series will get tougher n tougher but they seemed to have done their homework this time :D

Edited by BCCI