When You Are Arrogant, You Pay The Price

The Indian Team was arrogant to continue playing 5 batsman in Indian spinning conditions.Something India didnt dare even when the likes of Sehwag,Dravid,Tendulkar,Laxman,GAnguly were playing,and they were brilliant players of spin.

Why do you need 5 bowlers in your home conditions?Indian has been playing very well at home for decades and they played with a  6 batsman strategy.

If Jadeja and Ashwin wont take wickets,surely Jayant Yadav wont.If you really need 3 spinners then you drop a pacer,Ishant didnt do anything anyways.This is what Indian teams in past have followed.You dont break a winning formula.

Add to  that the fact that you dropped a triple centurion,who is arguably the best player of spin bowling in India.

I had said this before and i say it now,5 bowlers dont work in India.The hype brigade may not like it,but thats how it is.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

But But But the Hype Brigade says 5 bowlers is the way to go.Its attacking Kirkut.

You don't really need 3 spinners, the 3rd spinner will always be underbowled as spinners can bowl lot of overs without getting tired. Overseas you can have the extra seamer as 5th bowler if it is a flat deck, otherwise 3 seamers and 1 spinner is enough.

Thing is 5 Bowlers is obviously great option  for skipper but if lose a batsman then issues 

any team wants 6 top batsman and a bat/keeper .

ckealry india believes ashwin is genuine all rounder and good enough to bat 6 . He has batted well last 2 years and so they backing him . Open to debate if he good enough to bat 6. If he is then no issues having 5 bowlers 

2 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

You don't really need 3 spinners, the 3rd spinner will always be underbowled as spinners can bowl lot of overs without getting tired. Overseas you can have the extra seamer as 5th bowler if it is a flat deck, otherwise 3 seamers and 1 spinner is enough.

But the hype brigade thought otherwise.They even favour Hardik Pandya to play as 5th bowler.

1 minute ago, Soorma_Bhopali said:

5-batsman + allrounder Ashwin  is the long -term solution ..

However, for such vicious turning tracks or greentop , I would go with extra batsman in Karun Nair in place of Jayant .

Long Term?LOL,LOL.

Long term is 6 batsman and occasionally you can play extra bowler on a flat deck.

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Also shows why wanting pandya in team to develop . As he could be one of 5 bowlets and bolster batting 

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Well if he is good enough as bowler to make team then why not ? Do as good as ishant lol

So play 4 bits and pieces batters in the team.Really.This is test match not T20.You need proper skills to bat here.

22 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

The Indian Team was arrogant to continue playing 5 batsman in Indian spinning conditions.Something India didnt dare even when the likes of Sehwag,Dravid,Tendulkar,Laxman,GAnguly were playing,and they were brilliant players of spin.

Why do you need 5 bowlers in your home conditions?Indian has been playing very well at home for decades and they played with a  6 batsman strategy.

If Jadeja and Ashwin wont take wickets,surely Jayant Yadav wont.If you really need 3 spinners then you drop a pacer,Ishant didnt do anything anyways.This is what Indian teams in past have followed.You dont break a winning formula.

Add to  that the fact that you dropped a triple centurion,who is arguably the best player of spin bowling in India.

I had said this before and i say it now,5 bowlers dont work in India.The hype brigade may not like it,but thats how it is.

When ur impulsive u shoot ur mouth of anything

We had to loose one day......we dug a minefield and fell in it

The same combo won u games

India didnt dare during those legends coz- sehwag, sachin n ganguly bowled part timers . Whom do u have now . Sehwag n sachin at home were on someday were more effective then main spinner. That time our tail wasnt as good as now. Now ashwin is better batsman then our regular no 6 rohit sharma

So with that 6 batsman didnt we had collapses. didnt the 6 batsman theory fell of during India-eng 2012 home series. 

Tell me having 6 batsman have never caused a collapse, how many times u want me to count 

If ur players arent working change ur arsenal not ur planning. 

Playing safe is playing defensive........Defensive sides dnt become champion sides. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
19 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Icf was arrogant not team 

This.

Instead of enjoying and appreciating the good play and progress of the Indian test team in the last 2 years, it's the constant whining about the pitches (even when we were getting results in all the matches bar one), grounding the opposition to dust in 3 days and show them up blah blah.