When You Are Arrogant, You Pay The Price

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

When ur impulsive u shoot ur mouth of anything

We had to loose one day......we dug a minefield and fell in it

The same combo won u games

India didnt dare during those legends coz- sehwag, sachin n ganguly bowled part timers . Whom do u have now . Sehwag n sachin at home were on someday were more effective then main spinner. That time our tail wasnt as good as now. Now ashwin is better batsman then our regular no 6 rohit sharma

So with that 6 batsman didnt we had collapses. didnt the 6 batsman theory fell of during India-eng 2012 home series. 

Tell me having 6 batsman have never caused a collapse, how many times u want me to count 

If ur players arent working change ur arsenal not ur planning. 

Playing safe is playing defensive........Defensive sides dnt become champion sides. 

I said this a lot of times on ICF,but the Hype Brigade kept saying what you are saying now.This is not a minefield.These type of pitches were regular in 90s and mid 2000s.The fab 5 scored runs on these wickets for fun.Still they didnt dare play 5 bowlers.

The combo won us games,because no one exploited the chinks in the armour,the strategy have thoroughly kicked to the dirt.Oversmartness and Arrogance dont win you matches.This happens to you when you drop a triple centurion and play a bits and pieces Jayant Yadav.

In 2012 the batsmen were caught on the downhill,essentially on the decline but we didnt get done in by a left arm roller like Keefe.They had a very quality spinner in Swann.

Take this attacking defensive rubbish elsewhere.India wasnt beaten throughout 90s with this defensive strategy.From 1987 to 2012 we lost only 3 test series with this same strategy.

Ghanta Champion side.Arrogance isnt a strategy.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

only one batsman scored a 50 for us in the game and you are moaning lack of 6th  batsman. It is a collective failure and 6th batsman would have done zilch too. We batted poorly, bowled poorly, fielded poorly. They dropped 4-5 catches of Smith who scored a 100.

So what did your 5th bowler do?

Why do you drop a triple Centurion who is also your best player of spin?You need one batsman to hold up one end and farm the strike.Australia showed it in both innings.

Rather than accepting that 5 bowlers dont work,try defending it.

The Hype Brigade :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

only one batsman scored a 50 for us in the game and you are moaning lack of 6th  batsman. It is a collective failure and 6th batsman would have done zilch too. We batted poorly, bowled poorly, fielded poorly. They dropped 4-5 catches of Smith who scored a 100.

+1,

can understand off day for two disciplines 

but off day for three disciplines, no way u winning this match

drop after drop after drop for Smith, must be his most charmed innings,

most pathetic fielding by this India in recent times 

and they hey have been dropping catches since NZ series, catches cost the win in Rajkot vs England

6 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

So what did your 5th bowler do?

Why do you drop a triple Centurion who is also your best player of spin?You need one batsman to hold up one end and farm the strike.Australia showed it in both innings.

Rather than accepting that 5 bowlers dont work,try defending it.

The Hype Brigade :facepalm:

i would defend it if you can prove 6th batsman would have won us the game as we won last 2 series without 6th batsman.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i would defend it if you can prove 6th batsman would have won us the game as we won last 2 series without 6th batsman.

I can tell you that we didnt lose a single series in 90s with 6 batsmen.We lost 3 series from 2000 to 2014 with the same startegy and you are showing me 2 test series. :hysterical:

And stop lying.India played 6 batsmen in the NZ series.Kuch to sharm hoti hai kuch to haya hoti hai yaar.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Somehow many here don't seem to grasp the simple concept of a poor performance. It's always the pitch, the toss, the umpires, the team selection, the batting order etc.

As you said the 6th batsman wouldn't have made any difference here. May be even a 7th batsman wouldn't. It was such a spectacular collapse in the first innings, it happened so fast that personnel hardly mattered, it would have happened anyway.

16 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

I said this a lot of times on ICF,but the Hype Brigade kept saying what you are saying now.This is not a minefield.These type of pitches were regular in 90s and mid 2000s.The fab 5 scored runs on these wickets for fun.Still they didnt dare play 5 bowlers.

The combo won us games,because no one exploited the chinks in the armour,the strategy have thoroughly kicked to the dirt.Oversmartness and Arrogance dont win you matches.This happens to you when you drop a triple centurion and play a bits and pieces Jayant Yadav.

In 2012 the batsmen were caught on the downhill,essentially on the decline but we didnt get done in by a left arm roller like Keefe.They had a very quality spinner in Swann.

Take this attacking defensive rubbish elsewhere.India wasnt beaten throughout 90s with this defensive strategy.From 1987 to 2012 we lost only 3 test series with this same strategy.

Ghanta Champion side.Arrogance isnt a strategy.

Coz sehwag, sachin n ganguly toghter added to 5th bowler..........

So this combo hasnt won u games or what ........those people also lost at home

Throught 90s Indian team wasnt beaten.......nt in series but we did loose test matches. Aussies won against India in 1998 banglore

We are the no 1....who hasnt lost 19 games in a row......when was that 90s team no 1....or won so many in row. 

12 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

I can tell you that we didnt lose a single series in 90s with 6 batsmen.We lost 3 series from 2000 to 2014 with the same startegy and you are showing me 2 test series. :hysterical:

And stop lying.India played 6 batsmen in the NZ series.Kuch to sharm hoti hai kuch to haya hoti hai yaar.

We lost a series against Aus and we played 6 batsmen. We lost a series to England, we played 6 batsmen.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

14 tests....autocorrect changed it to years.

Really?Show me those 14 tests please.

India played 6 batsman plus WK againist NZ.Aganist India also played 6 batsman plus WK in 2 of the 3 completed tests againist SA.

Only againist the third rate WI did we play 5 bowlers in the whole series and in the last Eng series.Againist ENG it worked because they had lots of bits and pieces ARs who actually did nothing.

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ok i have a question How come playing only 1 test has proved Karun nair as the best player of spin bowling. Acc to post maker

Wasnt pujara our best player against spin bowling

Watch domestic cricket.Read the opinions of former players.Karun Nair is better than even Pujara when it comes to handling spin. Also i reduced your font size.

1 minute ago, CG said:

On Turning track you don't need five bowlers.We misread the pitch .

I agree. My personal take on the 5 bowler strategy is that we need to be flexible about it. 

Play 5  bowlers on flat pitches and 6 batsmen on difficult pitches.

That being said, Jayant Yadav has been really good with the bat and as good as a proper 6th batsman in the few chances he has got.