O’Keefe all praise for coach Sriram

There was a massive Chennai connect to Steve O’Keefe’s success; he made it a point to single out former Tamil Nadu and India left-arm spinner Sridharan Sriram’s contribution.

“Sri has been a big influence. I worked with him in Chennai in the ‘A’ series. He knows the conditions. I get to spend lunch time bowling with him.

“And, he knows how to bowl in these conditions. How the (Indian) batters think. He has been the biggest help along with the other coaching staff,” said O’Keefe.

Later, at his media conference, he said: “I think, Sri is an excellent spin-bowling coach. I've a good coach who tapped me on the head in between sessions; he's not afraid to tell it to your face and tell it to you straight, which is excellent.

“The first six overs, I think I went back to my comfort zone, which is what I bowl in Australia. You don't see it on camera, but it was just going a bit over the top and whenever I was trying to bowl quick.

“It was ordinary bowling in the first six overs. I'd been working in the nets with some other variations, just changing the seam and arm angles. You probably don't notice it, but for me it made all the difference.

“Sri is like ‘let's go out and bowl till you feel comfortable with it and then hit it on... let's start up with it in the next innings’. It worked this time.”

O’Keefe was quite sympathetic towards Abhinav Mukund who dropped Steve Smith.

“I’m sure we'll go through periods where we don't field as well as we would like to. I know Abhinav pretty well, I’ve spent some time at the academy with him.

“Unfortunately, it just didn't go his way. It's tough when you're 12th man.

“Fortunately for us, we held our chances.”

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/okeefe-all-praise-for-sriram/article17362864.ece

O please ffs . What tosh 

one good game and coach is amazing 

same nonsense after first test v England . Eng and co going ga ga after saqlain mushtak what amazing job done with eng spinners . By end of series his name never mentioned 

I remember when ponting skipper came to india and scored runs first test . Slyly gave credit to former india coach Greg Chappell . We wrecked ponting then on . No mention of guru Greg after that .

same here . O keefe gonna get wrecked now . Coachs name won't be praised again

On 26/02/2017 at 8:19 AM, King Tendulkar said:

O please ffs . What tosh 

same nonsense after first test v England . Eng and co going ga ga after saqlain mushtak what amazing job done with eng spinners . By end of series his name never mentioned 

I remember when ponting skipper came to india and scored runs first test . Slyly gave credit to former india coach Greg Chappell . We wrecked ponting then on . No mention of guru Greg after that .

Sack the coach :p:

On 26/02/2017 at 8:19 AM, King Tendulkar said:

O please ffs . What tosh 

So all you guys getting so excited about this guy ......lol o keefe one short of double Ton this innings :phehe:

O Keefe bowled well on the third day but on 4th day, Smith who made him bowl negative all day actually cost him more runs. He might have given more runs if be had not followed that negative line but would have also might have gotten Saha out who would have attacked him and might have in pursuit thrown his wicket.

It was poor captaincy from Smith and I am sure Keefe isn't happy that he was told to bowl loke that by Smith.

I hope our captain never asks Jadeja or Ashwin to do that on regular basis. It is fine to try for a bit but to bowl same shyt leg side line all day after bowling record number of overs, that shows how badly Smith handled Keefe.

Keefe should sue Smith for "harassing" him on cricket field to bowl and making him bowl like a slave on leg side all day.