Aussies have poked a sleeping grizzly bear! Mistake

They will pay the penalty Aussies . Just like against majestic Brazil football team in their pomp , they could be casual but don't score early against them and go one nil up as you wake the big bear up.

aussies screwed up . We gonna wake up now and unleash hell on them . The bear is wide awake now .

that o Keefe is gonna be owned now. He had his moment on a 10th day track . Now he gonna be mastered , prepare to toil .

end of series there will be only one team with crisis and inquest and it won't be the big grizzly bear 

ps we drew first game v England and also same nonsense was talked . End of series kohli had England skippers head on a platter for consumption 

Our test team wants to win test series outside Asia very badly. That is one of the biggest objectives of our team as well as fans.

This uninterrupted run of 15  test wins is bound to make any team a tad complacent.

As Kohli himself said in the post-match conference, this loss was perhaps the reality check that was needed for this team.

It is better to lose a test in the beginning of a 4 test home series ( with chance of a comeback )  rather than win everything here and face the same situation in the first test in and against South Africa later this year.

Now, this team will not be complacent and will try to plug any loopholes this team has ,  which often get overlooked when consistent success keeps coming. ( like using DRS properly, catching issues, introducing a new quick, playing a batting all-rounder in place of a bowling all-rounder etc. )

Edited by express bowling
7 minutes ago, hoti_to_kratisto said:

Australia winning one test is more than anyone expected. Even if they lose 3-1, the team will go home with their heads held high. They woke the bear? Maybe the bear should have been awake to begin with.

Why should the number 2 team in the world be happy with a 3-1?They win they take the number 1 ranking.

Yes the bear should have been awake,complacency cost India the match.

Btw welcome to ICF :icflove:

Introduce yourself.

11 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Why should the number 2 team in the world be happy with a 3-1?They win they take the number 1 ranking.

Yes the bear should have been awake,complacency cost India the match.

Btw welcome to ICF :icflove:

Introduce yourself.

Thanks, that's very kind. I'm not very social, though.

I didn't day they would be happy, I said they would hold their heads high. As they should. 13 years without a single victory in India. Completely steamrolled against Sri Lanka. To win against the world's best team at home when everyone wrote them off would be a great honour. Of course they want to win the series, but they've already exceeded expectations.

15 minutes ago, hoti_to_kratisto said:

Thanks, that's very kind. I'm not very social, though.

I didn't day they would be happy, I said they would hold their heads high. As they should. 13 years without a single victory in India. Completely steamrolled against Sri Lanka. To win against the world's best team at home when everyone wrote them off would be a great honour. Of course they want to win the series, but they've already exceeded expectations.

I dont believe they have exceeded expectations.I expected a 3-1.Not a 4-0 at any stage.Aussies are not going to come to Asia a third time in 12 months and gets white washed.Not happening.Not the Aussie way.Aussies would have fought tooth and nail and they did.

One must remember that by playing in Asia twice in last 12 months they have also had enough practice of playing in the conditions.The Lankan pitches were far worse then the one in Pune.People forget that with experience teams get better.

Hope you stick around here.

1 minute ago, Sidhoni said:

We won first test of the series and then they made a comeback. How is it similar?

English were supposed to be white washed.Because they have been in the Asia in last 12 months.But people forget when you keep playing in Asia over 12 months there will be a time when you will win,simply because of the experience you have gathered in 12 months.

1 hour ago, hoti_to_kratisto said:

Australia winning one test is more than anyone expected. Even if they lose 3-1, the team will go home with their heads held high. They woke the bear? Maybe the bear should have been awake to begin with.

Yeah right.  If we went to aus won the first test but then lost series 3-1 will you be saying going home head held high?  Such self loathing

Aussies not bangladesh.  Capable of beating any team anywhere.  But they did it to well and too early.  The grizzly bear aint happy and is coimng back for round 2 fully prepared

I actually thought England will be a much tougher opponent than Australia, simply because on paper, they have a much better team. I was surprised India thrashed them soundly. I expected Australia not to do well, simply because their batting looks poor on SC pitches. Smith, Lyon and Starc seemed like the only threats. Kudos to them for their performance in first test and for young guys like Renshaw and O Keefe putting their hands up on their first tour of India. 

Edited by kubrickian

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum and yes im an aussie.

I signed up because i wanted to understand what happened at pune. And who better to listen to then those who know their pitches best.

After reading a few threads i figured i should probably say hello. And stop hiding in the shadows. Introduction out of the way i might as well participate. :)

I don't think we woke the sleeping bear.

I think you did. That was a very uncharacteristic performance from your mob. And unlikely to be repeated. But comments from people like harbhajan were not helpful to you. Not that it necessarily affected your team. But you never abuse australians like that and expect them to lay down. It usually gives aussies motivation that they may not have had otherwise.

For the record i believe we came here relatively prepared and had a high priority on this. I also believe our expectations were not high. But now that you gave us a sniff. We will likely fight quite hard... and in all likelihood... lose. But we really only need one more chance after being essentially "gifted" a game due to various reasons*

*if you try to tell me we didn't EARN that victory. I will disagree.