RamJas College Incident Thread

Malcolm Merlyn

Just now, zen said:

Clearly, you need to improve your reading comprehension skills .... please read the OP again and don't manufacture what is not said as that counts as dishonesty:

"So the RamJas college incident has taken a national colour now.Its again the ABVP vs the Leftists.

Some organisers at RamJas wanted to invite Umar Khalid for a talk at Ramjas.The ABVP,the elected Union opposed the move and protested againist it and finally the invite to Umar Khalid was cancelled. 

Some students at Ramjas protested against this cancellation of invite to Umar Khalid and shouted "anti national" slogans leading to a scuffle with ABVP.

Matters turned worse when leftist students,Professors,teachers JNU also joined in and it became a free for all fight.The Police was accused of supporting the ABVP.The MSM portrayed it as right wingers inciting and resorting to violence,that has been shown to be untrue in many cases."

Also there is no mention of rape threats, which are condemned, so what are you going on about? 

The underlined aspect shows that the scuffle was perpetrated by ABVP and some students at Ramjas. 

Then it blew up in scale with teachers and professors joining in.

The rape threat by ABVP was posted by me, in a link that clearly states that.

So tell us, what should ABVP do against the members who utter such threat ? What is the culpability/responsibilty of the organization ?

3 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

I have heard this anti India rhetoric. Does joining hands with PDP also fall in this category. they talk about freedom for Kashmir

Bhai, smart people know, there is no nationalist party in India. There are parties that pretend to be nationalist but as the saying goes, 'actions speak louder than words'. BJP currently, is nothing more than a political system that is anti-India, pro-Hindu fascism and act as a legal vehicle for the Ambani-Adani groups to fill their pockets.

Just now, Muloghonto said:

Bhai, smart people know, there is no nationalist party in India. There are parties that pretend to be nationalist but as the saying goes, 'actions speak louder than words'. BJP currently, is nothing more than a political system that is anti-India, pro-Hindu fascism and act as a legal vehicle for the Ambani-Adani groups to fill their pockets.

I am aware of that. I am waiting for my other friend to respond who believes speaking in a college can be anti India.

1 minute ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

I have heard this anti India rhetoric. Does joining hands with PDP also fall in this category. they talk about freedom for Kashmir

Supporting Pak on Kashmir would qualify as anti-Ind .... Though I don't endorse joining hands with PDP

I m not claiming that the one is perfect over other. But supporting the lesser evil .... And Ind has tons of evil 

Just now, zen said:

Supporting Pak on Kashmir would qualify as anti-Ind .... Though I don't endorse joining hands with PDP

I m not claiming that the one is perfect over other. But supporting the lesser evil .... And Ind has tons of evil 

There is no lesser evil in India, unless the liberals form a party. But given how backwards India is and how few true liberals there are in india, i don't think it will happen for another 50 years.

If supporting Pakistan on Kashmir is anti-India, then so too is joining hands with a political party that wants to break away a part of india from India.

1 minute ago, surajmal said:

Apparently, tax payers spend 300000 rupees annually on each jnu student. I hope GOI is building a case to shut funding. Let the Bihari/Bongi bikharis go work in the coal mines. 

let the Jats show the way, like they are already doing with killing female foetus and selling their women to the highest bidder as 'reeti-rewaaj'.

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Glad we agree on the PDP thing. Itne umeed se BJP ko select kiya desh ne and PDP ke saath mil gaye. what are your thoughts on freedom of kashmir. That can be an independent thought without involving Pakistan and can warrant a discussion.  Only a discussion

5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

let the Jats show the way, like they are already doing with killing female foetus and selling their women to the highest bidder as 'reeti-rewaaj'.

MC, say this to real live jaat. And see if you come back in one piece. 

And thats the last time I'm responding to this dedh ka beej

Edited by surajmal

The underlined aspect shows that the scuffle was perpetrated by ABVP and some students at Ramjas. 

Then it blew up in scale with teachers and professors joining in.

The rape threat by ABVP was posted by me, in a link that clearly states that.

So tell us, what should ABVP do against the members who utter such threat ? What is the culpability/responsibilty of the organization ?

Does it say ABVP started the scuffle 

Usually, I dont read your posts unless addressed to me so I don't know about the link. Already said action should be taken against those who issue rape threats irrespective of their association. More than party action, law, which can deliver harsher punishment, should take its course  .... Now can you advise what action was taken against those in Bengal who issued rape threats to those who would not vote for Mamta (if my memory serves me right)?

11 minutes ago, surajmal said:

MC, say this to real live jaat. And see if you come back in one piece. 

:laugh::laugh:

I don't doubt the base Jaat propensity to hide the truth by throwing fists around. That is why i guess my people win nobel prizes in science and your people loot lands from Rajputs and milk cows.

But hey, i guess the truth hurts. Call us whatever you want- but like i said, atleast we don't pretend to be 'upstanding strong men' while selling their daughters - if they are progressive enough to let them live in the first place.

And thats the last time I'm responding to this dedh ka beej

Run jat, run. Make excuses and run. Because brains isn't what you got so look for excuses to not answer your superiors. Typical Jat.

Puffs up like a puffer-fish. then runs away. Just like against Abdali. 

Edited by Muloghonto

Just now, zen said:

Usually, I dont read your posts unless addressed to me so I don't know about the link. Already said action should be taken against those who issue rape threats irrespective of their association. More than party action, law, which can deliver harsher punishment, should take its course  .... Now can you advise what action was taken against those in Bengal who issued rape threats to those who would not vote for Mamta (if my memory serves me right)?

who the hell takes NDTV as a legit source? 

Just now, zen said:

Um. Yes.

It says :

Some students at Ramjas protested against this cancellation of invite to Umar Khalid and shouted "anti national" slogans leading to a scuffle with ABVP.

Ie, ABVP are the ones who started the scuffle with a few students, when others joined in.

I didnt say party action OR law- i asked, what should the party do about its members who are threatening rape ? 

In civilized countries, political parties hold their members accountable ALONG WITH the legal system punishing them. So i ask- what should the party do ?

As for what action was taken- we all know that India is a land of Gunda-raaj. No one takes action against anyone over assault, while ANYONE issuing rape threats and causing assault should be thrown in jail and expelled from the party or the party should be sanctioned. That has been my position from day1.

6 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Glad we agree on the PDP thing. Itne umeed se BJP ko select kiya desh ne and PDP ke saath mil gaye. what are your thoughts on freedom of kashmir. That can be an independent thought without involving Pakistan and can warrant a discussion.  Only a discussion

With pandits being killed and forced to moved out, ISIS flags being waived, etc, the independence of Kashmir is now more related to Islamization of that region 

Additionally, first step for implementation of UN resolution was removal of all Pak citizens from PoK 

So first PoK has to be united with J&K, Pandits resettled, etc, and then we would be able to see the way forward more clearly imo 

Um. Yes.

It says :

Ie, ABVP are the ones who started the scuffle with a few students, when others joined in.

I didnt say party action OR law- i asked, what should the party do about its members who are threatening rape ? 

In civilized countries, political parties hold their members accountable ALONG WITH the legal system punishing them. So i ask- what should the party do ?

As for what action was taken- we all know that India is a land of Gunda-raaj. No one takes action against anyone over assault, while ANYONE issuing rape threats and causing assault should be thrown in jail and expelled from the party or the party should be sanctioned. That has been my position from day1.

Sorry dont agree with your intrepretation 

Answer the question on Bengal 

1 minute ago, zen said:

With pandits being killed and forced to moved out, ISIS flags being waived, etc, the independence of Kashmir is now more related to Islamization of that region 

Additionally, first step for implementation of UN resolution was removal of all Pak citizens from PoK 

So first PoK has to be united with J&K, Pandits resettled, etc, and then we would be able to see the way forward more clearly imo 

Maybe this is why Nehru stopped against all military advice, in re-taking PoK. Because as long as PoK exists, the question of independence of Kashmir does not arise. But what if India had re-conquered Kashmir ? Then the UN would've likely demanded a mandate and India most likely would've lost it. Better to have half an apple, than no apple.

Just now, zen said:

Sorry dont agree with your intrepretation 

Answer the question on Bengal 

There is no interpretation. and your agreement is not required on the facts. The facts clearly state that the ABVP and a few students started the scuffle. 
If ABVP didn't start the scuffle, they would be the victims, not active participants of the scuffle. 

There is no interpretation. and your agreement is not required on the facts. The facts clearly state that the ABVP and a few students started the scuffle. 
If ABVP didn't start the scuffle, they would be the victims, not active participants of the scuffle. 

Can you show me the sentence in OP that said ABVP started it?

As I said, usually I dont read your posts unless addressed to me. And in this thread too, you quoted me "leading to a" discussion / debate. I did not start it but became a participant in it 

Now answer the question on Bengal  

Edited by zen