Can't we get a better fielding coach than this R.Sridhar guy?

maniac

People complain about a lack of a bowling coach but we have one of the greatest bowlers of all time as our head coach,which is fair enough if we had to make an excuse.

I just looked up the fielding coach and it says it is R.Sridhar?  what the hell....and this guy seems to be around for a while...Fire him right now!!!

I mean likes of Jadeja,Yadav,Rahane are all natural athletes so ground fielding is covered for the most part, but our catching is plunging into new depths and there is nothing that is making the fielding coach accountable.

He needs to go right now I mean like NOW!!!

Also his previous coaching credentials are fielding coach with Kings X1 Punjab which is probably the worst fielding side in IPL.

No upside here...time for a new coach.

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

fielding coach cant field for the players.

In that case make me the coach with a huge contract and I can make the statement "Coaches can't play for the players". If a team is underperforming consistently over time, leaders are held accountable and pay the price. Out catching issues have been lingering for quite a while now and nothing's been done to address the problem.

We have sort of gotten away with it so far owing to playing at home as our spinners are good enough to create plenty of chances but when we tour away every chance will need to be taken else we will end up chasing 600+ every match.

2 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Not all great players make great coaches and vice versa.

But, ya need a new guy, he has been around for too long without any significant results.

54 minutes ago, Vilander said:

never knew r sridhar was a great player.

Not what I meant. :p:  First sentence was in reply to someone, that appointing a great player wont guarantee you great results and vice verse..

In case of Sridhar, not a well known player, neither did he improve the standard of our fielding much.

Edited by OpeningBatsman

Happy that we have managed to come back in the series but let us not forget our atrocious catching right through the home season. No improvement whatsoever under this Sridhar guy. We can't make our bowlers create 25 chances every match to pick 20 wickets !!! This is a brilliant team led by an inspiring captain and probably the best bowling unit from our country. More importantly this is a team that is willing to learn from it's mistakes, and a captain humble enough to accept his flaws and improve every single match unlike his predecessor. But unless we don't take catches we are never going to compete overseas. What is with us dropping the main batsmen of opposition team so many teams ?...Amla, Root, Stokes, Smith etc. Here in India we can get away with such sloppiness but overseas every dropped catch will hurt us big time a la Michael Clarke, BMac, Cook, Ballance in the last cycle of foreign tours. 

If Sridhar has been unable to solve this problem time to let him go and try another alternative. Who are the renowned fielding coaches in the world right now? BCCI with all its $$$$ should really be able to afford the top dog !!!

Edited by Gollum

This Nair and KL Rahul are both pathetic slip catchers. What is wrong with Karnataka team members, are they no longer having catching drills? One of the best slip fielders of all time in the Indian team came from Karnataka (Dravid).

This Nair and KL Rahul are both pathetic slip catchers. What is wrong with Karnataka team members, are they no longer having catching drills? One of the best slip fielders of all time in the Indian team came from Karnataka (Dravid).

Kohli himself is pretty awful too.

Jadeja isn't great at slips either.When Mukund came in he was dropping sitters in silly point.

Our entire team sucks in slip fielding and close catching.Only one seeming reliable is Rahane.

So this is a issue for the entire team not just those two Karnataka players.

Gavaskar has regularly mentioned the slip fielders stand too close to each other and their crouching stance all wrong .Yet no one had bothered rectifying it.

We need a quality slip catcher to work with them.Because this will screw us even worse when we tour overseas.

BCCI better make me the fielding coach instead of this Sridhar guy. At least I will kick players' a$$ when they giggle around after dropping catches.

It's 1 am and I'm laughing my ass off due to this. Not easy to do quietly since I don't want wake my wife and kid.