Frist glimpse of Bangalore pitch. Looks flat!!!

2 hours ago, atishvaze said:

First glimpse of Bangalore pitch. Looks like a flat wicket 

Lol. Looks like another turner. Dry and not firm. Grass being cutoff there would be some patches.Not as bad as Pune.Hopefully Roller is doing its work.

Edited by Pollack
20 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

And lol @ the guy who reported 'as expected the grass comes off'.. need to remind him how shyte Australian team is against moving ball..

While I completely agree that Australia is sh.it against moving ball but for god sake they have Stark and Hazzlewood.Seaming track has equal chance of being a lottery with 65-35 in favour of Aussie.

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

While I completely agree that Australia is sh.it against moving ball but for god sake they have Stark and Hazzlewood.Seaming track has equal chance of being a lottery with 65-35 in favour of Aussie.

Exactly, yes we aren't great on seaming wickets, but no way you'd want to be facing Starc & Hazlewood on those wickets...

11 minutes ago, atishvaze said:

Are those barren patches in the good length area?

I think all that bit of grass coverage will probably be removed before the start of the match

This might help.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/india-take-screwdrivers-to-bangalore-pitch-for-second-test-after-pune-minefield-blew-up-in-their-faces/news-story/774cb76a661918864c3a442e4ab95082

12 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Yeah there seems to a bit of grass cover in the center of the pitch but nothing at all on driving length. Still think that grass will be removed before the start of the match

3 hours ago, ~ Miss Warner ~ said:

yes we aren't great on seaming wickets, but no way you'd want to be facing Starc & Hazlewood on those wickets...

Often, the extra helpful pitches reduce the gulf between  above average bowlers and just average bowlers.

Like we saw with the Pune pitch last test match where O'Keefe out-bowled Ashwin ,Jadeja and Lyon.

On a flat pitch, Starc and Hazlewood maybe better than Umesh and Ishant  ( unless the ball starts to reverse and Umesh becomes unplayable at times ) .  But if the track is seaming, who knows....and we might even play Bhuvi who is innocuous on flat tracks but starts taking wickets when the pitch and playing conditions provide him with the pace ( that he lacks )  and movement.

If Shami is back from the 3rd test  ( he is a quality bowler on most tracks and our best fast bowler ),  our chances of doing well on seaming tracks will become even better.

I think our batters are marginally better than yours if the ball seams around.

Edited by express bowling