Why isnt Punjab & Haryana producing fast bowler?

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

M a punjabi to....drugs isnt the only problem. What about the becoming a singer by selling lands and going abroad keeda.  

The whole point is finding fast bowlers in these states which produces strong lads 

there is a singer in every street of Punjab.

Here is another thing that worries me about punjab cricket.

Manan, mandeep, mann, sandeep, VRV many youngster not going to next level. 

Just believe some senior cricketer really needs to take a charge like Ganguly has taken care of bengal and Kumble did for karnataka. 

Where did dhoni come in for VRV's case

I think you're unaware of dhonis love towards trundlers and hate for any 140+ k fast bowler but. Let it be its totally different topic

30 minutes ago, kira said:

I am a punjabi too, I can stereotype myself :aha:

Lol seriously though, drugs is a huge problem in punjab, not kidding

P.S: Regarding the 90s attack, maybe that's why we sucked in the 90s :giggle: south indians should stick to studies :Giggity:

now why would you say something like that kid ? we'd have to look at national games records now. no time for it. 

26 minutes ago, Oldhere said:

Anyone remember david jhonson, i saw him bowl in challengers and he was 145+ but unfortunately he was lost as no one knew how to develop him

David Johnson if I think you are talking about the same one was from Karnataka not Punjab/Haryana.

Also him being 145+ was a myth...he was an ordinary trundler as ordinary as they can get.

Producing multiple fast bowlers has a lot more to do with  having  a fast bowling culture in the region rather than having the physical attributes.  We have seen thin or short bowlers bowl really quick.  You need fast twitch muscles, flexibility, a good run-up and action etc. to do that.

People bowling naturally quick are found in every region in India.  The places which have fast bowling culture are the placers which develop and give chances to such pacers and also motivate them to not drop pace despite odds. Competition among various pacers also result in bowlers always bowling with full effort.

We are seeing fast bowling culture  in Rajasthan, Bengal, Delhi, Kerala, Jharkhand, Gujarat..... and it is starting in other places also.

Fast bowling is not about your size but your inbuilt physicality, fast twitch muscles and yes fitness n size are factors.

VRV was one with potential but wasn't taken care of n got lost with some injuries he did make a comeback couple of years back , same thing happened with Sudeep Tyagi who was one with good potential.

Tony had good qualities but did not take the next step, traditionally for me, Rajasthan,U.P ,Bihar, Tamilnadu n Kerala seem to be more stronger in terms of producing fast bowlers.

12 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Fast bowling is not about your size but your inbuilt physicality, fast twitch muscles and yes fitness n size are factors.

VRV was one with potential but wasn't taken care of n got lost with some injuries he did make a comeback couple of years back , same thing happened with Sudeep Tyagi who was one with good potential.

Tony had good qualities but did not take the next step, traditionally for me, Rajasthan,U.P ,Bihar, Tamilnadu n Kerala seem to be more stronger in terms of producing fast bowlers.

Agree...apart from Srinath  Ajit Agarkar was the only other bowler who never lost pace right from his debut till he retired completely about 2012....Even in tests his pace was always right up there throughout...its a different debate how good he was in test cricket but yes speed is inbuilt for the most part I guess.

13 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

hmm the same can be said why Mumbai are not packing the Indian side. Its more a case of facilities etc reaching other parts of India and more competition....

Yup had a thought about Mumbai to.......whenever i see junior sandhu its hard to understand isnt there anyone better then him in whole mumbai. How bad is the local talent that no one cane replace that 115k bowler

45 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yup had a thought about Mumbai to.......whenever i see junior sandhu its hard to understand isnt there anyone better then him in whole mumbai. How bad is the local talent that no one cane replace that 115k bowler

Largely due to nepotism n people at the helm don't care or understand, Md Amir who impressed some India players like Sachin is languishing and then you see their love of trundlers

8 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

from what i have seen over the years there is no diff in terms of pace between north and south bowlers in ranji,in int quicker bowlers from south sreesanth ,srinath  north ishant ,vrv ,nehra ,could you include shami ,yadav from north ,aaron from south?

Yadav from west. Where is Aaron from?