Some MSD fans seem happy with an Indian loss

G_B_

Just a casual observation from me based on operating the icf twitter handle.

Similarly a lot of Virat fans were the first ones to rubbish MSD when India won the test series v England.

I do hope that both groups can be a bit mature. I remember when Rahul v Sachin groups took place. It was nothing this vicious. Its come to the point where people want India to win/lose. Sad these internal divisions.

Edited by BeautifulGame

This is ridiculous...I mean Dhoni hate was on peak in 2011 post WC,but trust me everyone wanted India to still pull off atleast a consolation win on those tours....similarly,we all were cheering for India when we got close in those tests in SA and Nzl...this is really immature...I thought it was just some(in fact only 1-the others for the most part want India to win) trolls on ICF and brushed it off as no big deal but this has become an epidemic :wall:

4 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Sorry but I refuse to believe that there are genuine cricket fans who also happen to fans of xyz cricketer ,will cheer their country's loss coz it suits their agenda.There are 2-3 idiots everywhere.You are taking harmless trolling too seriously.

I am kind of surprised too....sure we have 1 specimen of our own here but if the OP has reacted,I am sure there a lot more....anything>1 is a problem,but knowing the OP if he has reacted then there must be a lot more out there.

8 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Sorry but I refuse to believe that there are genuine cricket fans who also happen to fans of xyz cricketer ,will cheer their country's loss coz it suits their agenda.There are 2-3 idiots everywhere.You are taking harmless trolling too seriously.

its more than 2-3

maybe twitter does not represent the population as a whole, but it sure does not feel that way

12 minutes ago, speedheat said:

I don't think so any msd fans are happy with our loss as per as hate is concern Nobody did hate him until he became kaaaptaaan and started mixing csk with Indian team his stubborn attitude dint helped either his hate towards genuine pace bowlers is well known to the fans... this are the few things forced us against him

Even then.....we wouldn't have cared if Dhoni had hit a 300 to win an overseas tests...sure the hate would have started back but not at teh expense of India losing.

It is different for wishing that Dhoni or Kohli get 16 ducks in a row in IPL and it is different to wish that when they play for India....99% of the fans atleast on this forum can differentiate that.

It so happens that Twitter,Facebook etc have million times more members than ICF and that would mean a significantly higher pool of idiots.

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

I think thanks to Social Media,it brings the opinions of a lot of idiots to the forefront.

I am sure idiots like this existed but they would have escaped the scanner before.

maybe due to social media trolling in general has risen?