On this day...

1999 A day that Anil Kumble will never forget. Kumble became only the second man after Jim Laker to take all ten wickets in a Test innings, against Pakistan at Delhi. His 10 for 74 - all 10 came in a spell of 18.2 overs for 37 runs - swept India to their first victory over Pakistan in 23 Tests, dating back to 1979-80. With India in a comfortable position, Mohammad Azharuddin instructed Javagal Srinath at the other end to bowl wide of the stumps; he was twice called for wides as a result.
Awesome day for Indian cricket; one which i still remember quite fondly. Although in this era, you would never see Dravid asking one of his bowlers to deliberately bowl wides just for the sake of allowing for a player to complete an individual feat. Times were so different back then. Some things never change though. The p@kis will still whine like b*tches about the umpiring even though 9 of the 10 dismissals were legit.

Re: On this day... i was there @ stadium, whenever bucknor used to deny any decision then we used to shout "gali gali mein shore hai, buckor saala chor hai" and also when wasim akram used to make huddle then we used to shout "andar ki baat hai akram apne saath hai" wow those dayz were fun....

Re: On this day...

Naah Predz .... Srinath bowled a wide ball and Bucknor promptly signalled it wide .. there was also a lofted slog by Waqar that fell in no mans land and Ramesh sprinted all the way from short midwcket to deep backward squareleg to catch it and he came close to catching it.... and there was an attempted yorker by srinath ... in that over ..
Sorry Boss, but i remember it differently. Srinath bowled two wides in that over to Waqar, and they were clearly deliberate. Well wide of the crease. The first time was believable, but on the 2nd you clearly knew that it was intended. In his previous over - yes; he bowled a few yorkers but that was before Kumble struck twice to move onto 9.

Re: On this day... was watching on tv, with dad, saw till like they were 90/0 then felt :eew: , thot pak wud win still kept watching, saw first 3 wickets.... then went down to play cricket.. when he got 9th.. dad sent watchman to call me.. saw last wicket.. i think players carried him off the ground then saw all highlights and media crazyness that followed :wtg: