What Sanctions should Kohli face for lying?

MCGGG

7 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

He talked about what he saw on the cricket field. How would he know if they have no footage of that ? He is not responsible for the tv crew not capturing those particular moments.

Yeah, but he isn't allowed to make a serious criticism of incidents during the match. Whether it is true or not does not matter.

5 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Why did James Sutherland fly down to Mumbai to meet the BCCI CEO?

This was an attempt to defuse the situation and call it a truce.

Kohli has no explaining to do as the world saw what Smith was trying to do.

Smith wasn't man enough to explain.  He threw his junior player under the bus and had him tweet that he "didnt know the rules".    

The way this was resolved, BCCI holds a major IOU note from CA now.  That's satisfactory enough for me.  Regardless the cheating has been caught and is unlikely to continue.  Ideally, it would have been better for cricket if the cheaters had been fully investigated and exposed.  But I guess its OK to settle for this outcome.  

6 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

If there was no evidence why would James Sutherland fly down to Mumbai and meet BCCI CEO?

Because he's on a 7 figure salary and such things are part of his job description? I'm just guessing though.

2 minutes ago, MCGGG said:

Are you dumb? Smith admitted he made a mistake, the issue was dealt with, what Kohli did was accuse Smith of systematic cheating, he did so publiclly and claimed he reported it to the umpires, which the umpires have denied which means he lied.

Umpires have not denied it.  They have been deafeningly silent on this question.  While the CA CEO made an emergency dash over to India in order to bend over and do whatever it takes to facilitate a cover-up.  

1 minute ago, Stumped said:

For making baseless accusations of the Australians systematically cheating (which he would have been doing had no evidence been available for previous 'cheating'). Something that would presumably violate ICC regulations.

The official complaint was filed by BCCI CEO not Kohli.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Mods, can you merge this thread with the pre-existing thread titled - "BCCI files complaint..."  I don't think OP's excrement deserves a thread of its own.

Mate, your captain accused a touring captain of systematic cheating without evidence, and lied about telling the umpires, it deserves it's own thread, no matter if you like it or not.

42 minutes ago, MCGGG said:

Now that the Indian board have found no fault with Steve Smith regarding improper use of the DRS system, it's time to discuss the penalties for the Indian captain for making such outlandish allegations.

First of all, he must be stript of the Indian captaincy, I think we can all agree with that, he not only made the unfounded claims publicly, he also lied about telling the umpires.

Second, a 12 month ban from international cricket.

3rd, He should be sent to Americas hardest prison for 6 months wearing only pink hot pants with ass cut out.

Thoughts?

Is it not mandatory to take Toefel or Ielts to migrate to Australia?

DOn't know about sending Kohli to jail but definitely you shouldn't be taking candy from strangers assuming your age and mental state from your post

1 minute ago, Stumped said:

Given the theory I've put forward coming to an agreement for neither to put in their complaints would effectively be considered blackmail. Not exactly something you want to just send a quick email about.

If Kohli is proved right then Smith is banned.If he is wrong then he is banned and not Smith.Either way only one captain banned.