Predict Team India's results in 2018 (updated)

Gollum

On 3/10/2017 at 8:11 PM, Gollum said:

2017 promises to be an exciting year with plenty of matches across all formats including the all important RSA tour. This is our tentative schedule this year starting from Australia test series. Venue in bracket.

Australia vs India (India) 4 tests      

Champions Trophy (England and Wales) in June

India vs West Indies (West Indies) 5 ODIs, 1 T20 in July

India vs Sri Lanka (Sri Lanka) 3 tests, 5 ODIs, 2 T20s in Aug-Sep

Australia vs India (India) 7 ODIs, 2 T20s in October

India vs RSA (RSA) 4 tests, 5 ODIs, 2 T20s in Nov-Jan

Total 11 tests, 25-27 ODIs depending on CT performance, 7 T20s (Only 11 tests :wall:

My predictions

India-Aus 3-1 (wrong)

CT 2017 SF exit (F, but worst defeat ever)

India-WI 3-1 in ODIs and 0-1 in T20 ( I guess many key players will be rested here)

India-Lanka 2-0 in tests, 4-1 in ODIs and 1-1 in T20s

Aus-India 4-2 in ODIs and 0-2 in T20s

India-RSA 2-1 in tests, 0-5 in ODIs and 1-1 in T20s (historic test series victory awaits us)

On 12/03/2017 at 5:23 PM, kajubadamchor said:

India-Aus = 3-1

CT 2017 = final 

India-WI = 5-0 in ODIs and 1-0 in T20 

India-Lanka = 1-1 in tests, 4-1 in ODIs and 2-0 in T20s

Aus-India = 5-2 in ODIs and 2-0 in T20s

India-RSA=  0-3 in tests, 1-4 in ODIs and 1-1 in T20

Wa re kaju kamal ke prediction ct wala

2018:

SA (away) 3 tests, 6 ODIs, 3 T20s

Eng (away) 5 tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20s

WI (home) 3 tests, 5 ODIs, 1 T20

Aus (away) 4 tests

My predictions:

SA- India 2-0 in tests, 5-1 in ODIs and 1-2 in T20s

India-Eng 2-1 in tests, 1-2 in ODIs and 2-1 in T20s

India-WI 3-0 in tests, 4-1 in ODIs and 0-1 in T20s

Aus-India 3-0 in tests

Since Dhawan n Rohit will be there long before Odi series beging i expect them to do well this time and we have good fast bowlers to do well in ODI's as well

Result in odi will also depend on selection which to be honest have been pathetic in Odi's . Also i have a feeling Kedar jadhav will be badly exposed in SA. 

My prediction based on pure cricketing acumen

Tests

In South Africa India lose 2 to 0 with 1 draw

In England India lose 2-1 

In Australia India lose 2-0 with 2 draws

Against WI at home we win 5-0 

Odis

In South Africa India lose 4 to 1 with 1 washout else 5-1(cricket acumen doesn’t work against Mother Nature)

In England India win 2-1 

In Australia India lose 2-0 with 2 draws

Against WI at home we win 2-0

T20s

In South Africa India lose 2 to 1 

In England India win 2-1  or maybe tie 1-1 with 1 washout 

Against WI at home we win 1-0

Interesting to see lots of 2-1 either way predictions for England. Remember there are five Tests and England don't draw many, even with weather around. Could be wrong but I can't recall a drawn Test here since Trent Bridge in India's last tour in 2014.

Since I'm contributing to this thread now I'm going to predict the SA series, but it's far too early to predict the England series. A lot can happen in English cricket in seven months! There's the fallout from the impending whitewash in Aus, the conclusion (or not) of the Stokes affair and series against NZ and Pak before then.

So for SA

Tests 2-0 to SA. Think India will be undercooked from no preparation I'm afraid

ODIs 3-2 to SA with one washout (on the Highveld no doubt)

T20s  2-1 to India

Edited by YCCC
12 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Interesting to see lots of 2-1 either way predictions for England. Remember there are five Tests and England don't draw many, even with weather around. Could be wrong but I can't recall a drawn Test here since Trent Bridge in India's last tour in 2014.

Since I'm contributing to this thread now I'm going to predict the SA series, but it's far too early to predict the England series. A lot can happen in English cricket in seven months! There's the fallout from the impending whitewash in Aus, the conclusion (or not) of the Stokes affair and series against NZ and Pak before then.

So for SA

Tests 2-0 to SA. Think India will be undercooked from no preparation I'm afraid

ODIs 3-2 to SA with one washout (on the Highveld no doubt)

T20s  2-1 to India

My expectation for a 2-1 in England is based on at least one test being weather affected.  

Interesting that you think India will be undercooked for SA, clearly you are thinking of the conditions, because India have been playing a LOT of test cricket this year.   

15 minutes ago, sandeep said:

My expectation for a 2-1 in England is based on at least one test being weather affected.  

Interesting that you think India will be undercooked for SA, clearly you are thinking of the conditions, because India have been playing a LOT of test cricket this year.   

Yeah more the conditions. I just think India will struggle against Steyn, Philander, Rabada and Morkel without proper preparation. Even with preparation it's a big step up to facing those four in their own conditions.

Edited by YCCC
14 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Yeah more the conditions. I just think India will struggle against Steyn, Philander, Rabada and Morkel without proper preparation. Even with preparation it's a big step up to facing those four in their own conditions.

You do know that Morkel is unlikely to play?  And Philander misses more than 30% of tests?  Agree that if SA bowling attack is at full strength and optimal form, then its a very tough proposition.  But that's not looking likely at this point. And even Steyn has only just started taking his first steps in competitive cricket - its a bit unrealistic to expect that he's going to be operating at peak pace and efficacy within 30 days.    Even Chris Morris and Faf du plessis are dealing with back injuries and issues.  Morris has essentially resigned himself to 'managing' his injury, and just dealing with the symptoms and pain as it comes up.