Had cricket ever brought tears in your eyes???

I have been a passionate cricket follower for more then 15 years now, their have been many ups and downs over the year but...............

Have there been any moments in your life that you wanted to cry in happiness, when cricket gave you tears? There have been many emotional moments for me with team India... Like when Sachin retired and everyone was giving him guard of honor, his speech etc..

SHARE FOLKS

I have been upset/angry many times but I cried only 4 times.

1. When NZ beat India in finals of Champions Trophy 2000. I was very young then and had only started following cricket seriously from the 1999 ICC world cup. I was so naive that I didn't even understand LBW law way back then LOL, in backyard cricket my elder cousins would always rule me out lbw randomly so that I never got a chance to bat for more than a few balls :((. Basically my grandpa, who wasn't much of a cricket fan himself (he hated cricket basically and was a big hockey fan who always blamed cricket for downfall of his beloved sport) was trolling me by supporting NZ, belittling Sachin, Dada etc. When we lost I became so sad that I broke some stuff at home, cried like hell and developed fever. My grandpa was scolded like hell by nani and mom. Karma.

2. When Kenya beat us in a ODI that year/or next(not sure) in RSA. I hadn't even heard about that team, so when we lost I was frightened that Indian cricket was finished or something like that.

3. When Lanka knocked us out of group stage in the 2007 CWC. Even that Bangladesh loss didn't shatter me much because I had confidence in us beating Lanka.

4. SCG test 2008. Daylight robbery by cheateroos and the blind umpires. Denied us the test match and possibly the series. I have never seen so many mistakes by umpires in a single game. Plus the entire monkeygate scandal, Procter's biased and nonsensical judgements and Brad Hogg's dissing of our players.....too much to handle in one game. Actually that entire series affected me including the Perth test match because the game was played in such a hostile and racist environment. We were robbed like no other team has ever been over there.

After that I have never cried for a cricket match. I generally don't cry when we win something big, I party like an animal. Only losses have made me cry. But I have to admit the lowest of all lows I have felt as a cricket fan was the 0-8 fiasco and Dhoni's test captaincy period. I almost quit cricket after 2014 England series but here I am. Kohli and Ashwin have reawakened the love of cricket in my heart and we are never going to go back to the Dhoni days.

I have been upset/angry many times but I cried only 4 times.

1. When NZ beat India in finals of Champions Trophy 2000. I was very young then and had only started following cricket seriously from the 1999 ICC world cup. I was so naive that I didn't even understand LBW law way back then LOL, in backyard cricket my elder cousins would always rule me out lbw randomly so that I never got a chance to bat for more than a few balls :((. Basically my grandpa, who wasn't much of a cricket fan himself (he hated cricket basically and was a big hockey fan who always blamed cricket for downfall of his beloved sport) was trolling me by supporting NZ, belittling Sachin, Dada etc. When we lost I became so sad that I broke some stuff at home, cried like hell and developed fever. My grandpa was scolded like hell by nani and mom. Karma.

2. When Kenya beat us in a ODI that year/or next(not sure) in RSA. I hadn't even heard about that team, so when we lost I was frightened that Indian cricket was finished or something like that.

3. When Lanka knocked us out of group stage in the 2007 CWC. Even that Bangladesh loss didn't shatter me much because I had confidence in us beating Lanka.

4. SCG test 2008. Daylight robbery by cheateroos and the blind umpires. Denied us the test match and possibly the series. I have never seen so many mistakes by umpires in a single game. Plus the entire monkeygate scandal, Procter's biased and nonsensical judgements and Brad Hogg's dissing of our players.....too much to handle in one game. Actually that entire series affected me including the Perth test match because the game was played in such a hostile and racist environment. We were robbed like no other team has ever been over there.

After that I have never cried for a cricket match. I generally don't cry when we win something big, I party like an animal. Only losses have made me cry. But I have to admit the lowest of all lows I have felt as a cricket fan was the 0-8 fiasco and Dhoni's test captaincy period. I almost quit cricket after 2014 England series but here I am. Kohli and Ashwin have reawakened the love of cricket in my heart and we are never going to go back to the Dhoni days.

So many instance looks like you're very emotional.. That loss to Lanka in 2007 WC hurts a lot

I cried with MS when we knocked out of 2015 WC. Was finding it tough to concentrate at office.

Also 96 WC loss to Srilanka (was too young) and 2003 WC were very painful.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dhoni cried that day??? I don't think so

I cried when Sachin was still playing in 2013 and not during his retirement :giggle:

I can understand what Pakistani fans go through whenever they see Misbah still playing :cantstop:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

May be yours we're tears of joy

To be honest pak fans cry or were crying when misbah does tuk tuk in Lois

So many instance looks like you're very emotional.. That loss to Lanka in 2007 WC hurts a lot

Yes I am very emotional and have cried a lot because of sports. ICT, Federer, Schumi and Anand have given me some of life's greatest moments but have also made me cry like a baby on many occasions.

With cricket I haven't cried for a long long time. And I survived Dhoni's test captaincy. So I can handle any dissapointment in the future.

Sent from my SM-G350E using Tapatalk

2011 WC final. Nothing matches that. People around me were ecstatic, there were people on the road with Indian flags shouting at the top of their voices and I am just sitting there and crying. :-)

In fact this may be an unpopular opinion but I did have moist eyes even when we won CT '13. With all the IPL spot fixing saga before team left for England and the fact no one gave us a chance, and the fact that the match was a roller coaster itself.

WC semi 2015 was a tough time as well though I didn't cry but I was depressed for a few days. 

These were based on incidents on the field. Apart from that :

Dhoni's resignation from LOI captaincy

Dhoni's retirement from tests

Sachin's retirement speech

Edited by Sidhoni