Had cricket ever brought tears in your eyes???

Though I agree WC final was a big game but it was somehow overshadowed by that Mohali semi final match. I have never seen a cricket match bigger than that game and never felt emotions can run so wild for a cricket match. The entire country was on a standstill and people who has nothing to do with cricket knew something big was happening in the nation. Winning that game gave such satisfaction that it felt like do not care what happens in final. For me that Mohali game was the biggest cricket match I have witnessed and with that game the Indo-Pak rivalry also ended.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Though I agree WC final was a big game but it was somehow overshadowed by that Mohali semi final match. I have never seen a cricket match bigger than that game and never felt emotions can run so wild for a cricket match. The entire country was on a standstill and people who has nothing to do with cricket knew something big was happening in the nation. Winning that game gave such satisfaction that it felt like do not care what happens in final. For me that Mohali game was the biggest cricket match I have witnessed and with that game the Indo-Pak rivalry also ended.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bangalore '96 > Mohali 2011.

Lots of times. sometimes due to happiness, frustration, anger. :giggle: 

Sachin's retirement match. 

WC 15 semifinal no matter which team you support. IND losing after being the best team and SA players crying was unwatchable. 

WC 2011 final. 

Dec 30 2014 (MSD's retirement)

50 overs WC 2007 and most matches that india lost before that.

Ind v aus mohali 2013 (pissant :whack: )

144WWW (Reason behind it was actually funny, I started jumping on my bed and it broke and i got injured) :cantstop: 

Edited by sscomp32
3 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Dhoni hitting that sixer certainly made me choke up

Also Federer winning AO 2017

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

This is true but I think OP is asking about Cricket. 

Also I think that 2003 WC very painful. I believed that we could win that final so was very hurful when we were completely blasted away in the final

Yes, 2011 World Cup Final. Nothing comes anywhere close to that.

At that time, I had been actively following, watching & understanding cricket for 20 years and I had longed for this moment every time I watched the World Cup. It was a special day. I along with some friends decided to take the plunge and buy the final for $25. I did not have very high expectations and then watched Sri Lanka recover and get 274. We watched in anticipation of the Indian reply and at one point we were 31/2 and Sehwag, Sachin back in the hut. At this point, most of our group had given up and one by one, they all started leaving. I kept the TV on for a while and tried to get over my disappointment by trying to distract myself with some other work, but just could not take my eyes off cricket.

Then, as Gambhir and Dhoni kept knocking the runs over, we reached a stage where we needed 100 off 16 overs with 7 wickets still in hand. That is when I realized that game is still on and we have a realistic chance of winning. I called all my friends back and they started pouring back in and we watched glued to the TV till the very end.

As Dhoni knocked the final SIX over the bowler's head and the entire Wankhede stadium erupted, I had tears of joy flowing all over. Even with friends around, I just could not control my emotions at that time. It was the moment I had been dreaming of for the last more than 20 years and there we were...... finally.....

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

The moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ2Du6NaBYA&start=3750

Lots of times. sometimes due to happiness, frustration, anger. :giggle: 

Sachin's retirement match. 

WC 15 semifinal no matter which team you support. IND losing after being the best team and SA players crying was unwatchable. 

WC 2011 final. 

Dec 30 2014 (MSD's retirement)

50 overs WC 2007 and most matches that india lost before that.

Ind v aus mohali 2013 (pissant :whack: )

144WWW (Reason behind it was actually funny, I started jumping on my bed and it broke and i got injured) :cantstop: 

Yes yes how can I forget south African players crying :facepalm: specially morkel just couldn't watched that!!

Tendulkar retirement speech only time I've welled up but for sheer guttedness this lot tops it:

- WC final 2003 especially since I travelled from UK to be there

- Tendulkar retirement speech

- Sehwag cut off in his prime by 5th day downpour in Chennai v. Australia.

- Criminal umpiring in Sydney