Keshav Maharaj

Laaloo

Very impressed with Maharaj and from what I've seen he's better than Tahir and should replace Tahir in all formats soon. Tahir has a tendency to give a freebie every over but Maharaj is much more disciplined. As for Steyn his best his behind him just like ABDV in Tests and SA better prepare for future without those two in the Test format. 

Edited by Ultimate_Game
5 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Very impressed with Maharaj and from what I've seen he's better than Tahir and should replace Tahir in all formats soon. Tahir has a tendency to give a freebie every over but Maharaj is much more disciplined. As for Steyn his best his behind him just like ABDV in Tests and SA better prepare for future without those two in the Test format. 

Tahir has been impressive in T20s and ODIs the last few years. Always picking up wickets and very consistent too. It will be hard to remove him from LOIs.

3 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Tahir has been impressive in T20s and ODIs the last few years. Always picking up wickets and very consistent too. It will be hard to remove him from LOIs.

Tahir has been impressive in shorter formats as batsmen are forced to go after him, especially since SA has such a decent pace attack. Maharaj can keep it tight as well has the ability to eke batsmen out and I expect him to be an improvement over Tahir.

On 18/03/2017 at 7:20 AM, kira said:

First amla and now maharaj, Indian genes are really carrying the south african team :p:

South African Indians. Born and bred in south Africa. There are many more talented south African Indians. 

Watch out for the name of Prenelan Subrayen.  A good spinner aswell. In a few years might get chosen for SA