Sign in to follow this  
Laaloo

Keshav Maharaj

Very impressed with Maharaj and from what I've seen he's better than Tahir and should replace Tahir in all formats soon. Tahir has a tendency to give a freebie every over but Maharaj is much more disciplined. As for Steyn his best his behind him just like ABDV in Tests and SA better prepare for future without those two in the Test format. 

Edited by Ultimate_Game

5 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Very impressed with Maharaj and from what I've seen he's better than Tahir and should replace Tahir in all formats soon. Tahir has a tendency to give a freebie every over but Maharaj is much more disciplined. As for Steyn his best his behind him just like ABDV in Tests and SA better prepare for future without those two in the Test format. 

Tahir has been impressive in T20s and ODIs the last few years. Always picking up wickets and very consistent too. It will be hard to remove him from LOIs.

3 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Tahir has been impressive in T20s and ODIs the last few years. Always picking up wickets and very consistent too. It will be hard to remove him from LOIs.

Tahir has been impressive in shorter formats as batsmen are forced to go after him, especially since SA has such a decent pace attack. Maharaj can keep it tight as well has the ability to eke batsmen out and I expect him to be an improvement over Tahir.

On 18/03/2017 at 7:20 AM, kira said:

First amla and now maharaj, Indian genes are really carrying the south african team :p:

South African Indians. Born and bred in south Africa. There are many more talented south African Indians. 

Watch out for the name of Prenelan Subrayen.  A good spinner aswell. In a few years might get chosen for SA

On 10/2/2017 at 1:51 PM, sandeep said:

I just hope he doesn't Mooen us in January.  

I think he will outbowl the Indian spinners mostly because he knows the pitches and what to do.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

I think he will outbowl the Indian spinners mostly because he knows the pitches and what to do.

That's quite a claim there. I think Ash is smart enough and skilled enough to adapt quickly.  And people always underestimate Sir as a test bowler.  

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That's quite a claim there. I think Ash is smart enough and skilled enough to adapt quickly.  And people always underestimate Sir as a test bowler.  

I will be happy if he does. He did improve in the Oz tour, but I'm not sure how well he will do in SA; too many Jo'burg memories for me.

39 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I will be happy if he does. He did improve in the Oz tour, but I'm not sure how well he will do in SA; too many Jo'burg memories for me.

I know what you mean.  Keeping fingers crossed that Shami is fully fit for most of that tour, and then everything else flows from there.   Its going to be a good series. I'm going to be in India in early Jan, so may even get to watch a bulk of it on TV.  High hopes.  

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I know what you mean.  Keeping fingers crossed that Shami is fully fit for most of that tour, and then everything else flows from there.   Its going to be a good series. I'm going to be in India in early Jan, so may even get to watch a bulk of it on TV.  High hopes.  

Yes, I think it represents our best chance after 2011; and we could have won that series if not for Kallis (Tendu's last great Test series).

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.