Virender Sehwag is a former Indian cricketer, often considered as one of the most destructive batsman of the cricket. Virender Sehwag is an aggressive right-handed opening batsman and a part-time right-arm off-spin bowler. He played his first One Day International in 1999 and joined the Indian test side in 2001. In April 2009, Virender Sehwag became the only Indian to be honoured as the Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World for his performance in 2008, subsequently becoming the first player of any nationality to retain the award for 2009.
Let's take a look at 8 of the unknown facts about the man we chose to call by the name of "VIRU" Virender Sehwag:
1. Virender Sehwag was banned in his Test Debut Match. His debut match was against South Africa at Bloemfontein, Nov 3-6, 2001, however it didn't exactly turned out bravo. He was banned by the MATCH REFEREE Mike Denness for over appealing more than required.
2. Virender Sehwag was once booed by numerous Bangladeshi Cricket Fans. His remarks on Bangladesh Cricket Team as a unimportant "ORDINARY" group earned him a considerable amount of contempt from the Bangladeshi Cricket Supporters. Subsequently, after winning a Test Match against Bangladesh, he had to go through a lot of bantering and boeing while he was on his way for the post match conference.
3. During 2011 World Cup campaign, Virender Sehwag was the one to launch 1st boundary of India’s innings on the very first ball in 5 consecutive matches. There is reason why we called him the most destructive batman of our era.
4. The God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar himself looks for inspiration from Virender Sehwag to play when he is in ‘NERVOUS 90s’. He has said this many times and he stand by it. Virender Sehwag never gives apprehensions about negativities while he is batting. He just goes after the bowler. It is always do or die for him.
5. Virender Sehwag’s father once banned him from playing cricket, he was once injured by a terrible blow from a cricket ball which hurled his tooth out of his mouth during a cricket match. His father was angry and concerned as well and accordingly banned him from playing cricket. In any case, his mom helped him and elevated the boycott.
6. Apart from his father, Virender Sehwag was once slapped by John Wright on account of his poor performance. Yes, the most destructive batsman was once slapped by John Wright. However, an apology was expected by John Wright by Sachin Tendulkarrequested that Virender Sehwag keep this issue under control as John Wright resembled a father figure to everybody in the dressing room. Virender Sehwag generally avoid speaking of this incident out in public.
7. Virender Sehwag has a doppelganger and he is a Software Engineer. Yes, there is to be sure another Virender Sehwag with more hairs on his head and he has a much tougher job to do. His name is Girish Mallenahally. He is a Software Engineer.