The issues that helped me make a decision were....
It is shocking that something like this had to be done ...better late than never.
It changes life ...specially for the women and children . Gives them dignity and safety .I have seen it first hand in the villages in my state. This changes not just the life of people but also a very crappy part of our culture as a nation.
2) blocking leakage of subsidy by linking to aadhaar and bank account.
This is a huge step to limit corruption.
This could have been done earlier if preventing corruption was desired by the previous govts.
3) Rs.5 lakh medical insurance for poor .
This is a major step. 5 lakhs is a huge amount for the poor.
4) No financial scams in the 5 years. A huge positive.
5) Giving free hand to the forces to counter terrorism. We are no longer a weak spineless nation that is an open target for terrorists. I feel the nation has got a spine back.
6) black money...demonetization may not have worked as intended,but the intent behind it was good. It was a very brave step and I think the govt deserves some marks for showing courage and spine for taking tough decisions .
7) The prospect of having a half clown,a castiest , corrupt or anti national person coming to power made Modi seem like the only option left.
These were some points that made me vote for Modi.
Overall I felt this govt has shown enough promise to get another term .