Hello there Guest!
Why not register to gain Full access to ICF and start sharing your views!    

Welcome to the Indian Cricket Fans site.

You are currently viewing our Cricket Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most cricket videos, discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to watch videos, post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Indian Cricket Fans > Indian Cricket Fans Message Board > Cricket Talk

Prithvi Shaw - 13 year old prodigy from Mumbai
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Cricket Tragic
The Legend
$ICF: 175,351,819
Prithvi Shaw - 13 year old prodigy from Mumbai

For 13-year-old Prithvi Shaw it was a journey into the unknown as he packed his bags for a trip to the United Kingdom. But he is aware that it could well turn out to be the most important miles in his journey towards his dream of playing for India.

Everyone who has seen the lad bat, including the great Sachin Tendulkar, has been left in awe by the potential he has shown and promise he holds for the future.

Therefore, it was no surprise that Shaw was selected by AAP Entertainment, a company floated by former India spinner Nilesh Kulkarni, for a three-month coaching-cum-educational stint in Manchester.

The batting prodigy will be based at Cheadle Hulme School, a 157-year-old educational institution, where he will undertake academic studies in the morning and engage in cricket with the school team in regular and local cup fixtures.

Tendulkar first heard about Shaw nearly two years back after the right-hander scored runs aplenty, destroying every bowling attack that squared up against him. The master batsman had just completed his batting net sessions at the Mumbai Cricket Association ground in Bandra-Kurla complex in suburban Mumbai, when the sight of a 11-year-old displaying qualities of a top-notch batsman in the nets made him stop in his tracks.

Impressed by Shaw's batting, Tendulkar gifted him an SG bat that suited his size. The same company now sponsors his cricketing gear.

As he prepared to leave for England on May 1 the excitement was obvious; after all, it was his maiden trip overseas.

"I just want the time to go faster and the clock to strike 10.30pm, because I just can't wait to board the flight and reach England," Shaw told Rediff.com hours before his departure

His father Pankaj has given up a full-time business in order to fulfill his son's dream of playing for India someday. He was equally nervous as he mades sure all the necessary equipment was packed in his big suitcase along with a few photo copies of his visa and passport as back-up in case of an emergency.

The father and son duo live in a one-room kitchen flat in Santacruz in suburban Mumbai which was gifted to them by a local corporator, who was also impressed with Prithvi's exploits.

Pankaj recalled how his young son was forced to wake up everyday at 4.30 in the morning so he could take the earliest train from Virar, nearly 40-50 kms away from Mumbai, to his training ground in Bandra.

It is almost impossible to board the local train carrying the big cricket kit bags once regular commuters pack the trains in the morning rush hour. Hence, the father-son duo had to sacrifice sleep and set out early.

But since shifting to the Santacruz flat life has become easier; now they can concentrate on the cricket.

In the era of the Indian Premier League, it is surprising to see a young kid disinterested in T20 cricket. Shaw only scans through the channels on his televison to check the live scores of a match before switching over to a hindi music channel.

Asked whether he likes watching the IPL, he replied: "I only watch in between, not all the time."

On whether he will prefer Test cricket or Twenty20 when he becomes a cricketer, his reply was quite mature. "Let me get there first and then I will decide. I haven't achieved anything yet; there's still a long way to go for me."

His school, Rizvi Springfield in Bandra, is also supportive of his playing career. Rizvi coach Raju Pathak believes the boy is destined for big things and that a stint in England will prove crucial in honing his skills.

"He is extremely talented. He has scored so much runs in school cricket and the way he scores his runs, it is a treat for the eyes. His batting even at such a young age is pure class," Pathak told Rediff.com.

On his stint in the UK, Pathak said: "He will get the opportunity to play on seaming pitches, something which he will get to experience in India. This experience will only make him better as a cricketer and will augur well for his future."

Like Prithvi waited in anticipation that evening for his flight to the UK, Mumbai's cricketing circles are hopeful that the wonderkid will develope into a great cricketer and continue the city's tradition of producing superstars.

"Team spirit is an illusion only glimpsed in victory"

There is only one World Cup. The T20 tournament is officially called the World T20. It is NOT a World Cup. Please stop calling it by the wrong name. For some reason, it irritates the hell out of me.
Alt Today
Advertising

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Dexter Morgan
Serial Killer
$ICF: 1,001,320,864,156
I hope the tradition of Mumbai continues
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Unread 05-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
CasualVisitor
Marauder from Najafgarh
$ICF: 12,096
What an answer! Seems level-headed. Hope he blossoms into someone as special as SRT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On whether he will prefer Test cricket or Twenty20 when he becomes a cricketer, his reply was quite mature. "Let me get there first and then I will decide. I haven't achieved anything yet; there's still a long way to go for me."

Unread 05-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
Sidhoni
Die Mannschaft
$ICF: 1,842,377,396,782
"The ovation that Dhoni gets when he comes out to bat in Ranchi is louder than the ovation that Sachin gets anywhere in the World."
- Sunil Gavaskar(during commentary)

Unread 05-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
msb1991
The Wall
$ICF: 10,131,299
Quote Originally Posted by CasualVisitor View Post
What an answer! Seems level-headed. Hope he blossoms into someone as special as SRT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hate the hyping of prodigies, but yeh, that is a pretty superb answer.
Follow me on Twitter: @ManrajBahra

Unread 05-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
Sidhoni
Die Mannschaft

"The ovation that Dhoni gets when he comes out to bat in Ranchi is louder than the ovation that Sachin gets anywhere in the World."

Unread 05-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
PaceAttack
Marauder from Najafgarh
$ICF: 16,439
In the age of IPL and carnival cricket, he plays correctly and with the straightest bat. He is eight-year-old Prithvi Shaw from Virar, 4 feet tall but on his way to a bigger stature on the cricket field

At 4:30 every morning, when kids his age are lost in their own private wonderlands, Prithvi Shaw shuns the pillow to begin another long day of cricket. Far from the primetime world of IPL with its cash and colour, the 4-ft-tall eight-year-old says, “I don't mind getting up so early because the thought of playing cricket makes my laziness vanish.” Like thousands of others in this nation of cricket fanatics, he too dreams of his moment in the floodlights. But unlike them, Prithvi’s story could have that rare happy ending—for, even at his age, the lad from Virar has made experts and enthusiasts sit up when he pads up and walks out to the middle.

“When I first saw him, I could not believe that he played so well. In fact, nobody would unless he saw the kid playing,” says Raju Phatak, Prithvi’s coach at Rizvi School where he is a student in Class III.

Prithvi’s genius is harnessed to his father Pankaj Shaw’s determination. At 4:30 every morning, 30-year-old Pankaj wakes up before Prithvi to prepare him for the 6:10 Virar local—their only connect to the stadiums of Mumbai. But the 70-km ride between Virar and Mumbai is not an easy one. “If we don’t make it for the 6:10 Virar local, it is impossible for my little boy to travel in the crowd with his cricket kit,” says Pankaj. The two bond easily, the fallout perhaps of Prithvi losing his mother to asthma when he was four. “I don’t miss my mother so much since my father takes care of me and is always with me,” says the youngster.

To ensure his son has a chance at a better future, Pankaj has to inject a dollop of optimism into an irregular income that comes from renting out the mini earthmover he owns. It brings in a modest Rs 200-300 a day. “Though there are days when there is no business, we somehow manage,” says Pankaj. He also manages first-class tickets to spare his son the hassles of crowded compartments. Pankaj once ran a cloth business in Mumbai’s Malad area, but his partner duped him of his share.“Now I only concentrate on my son’s cricket,” he declares. “When he was two, Prithvi started playing in the nets with a leather ball,” he says, as proud of his son as the Tendulkars were once of the prodigy in their family.

Prithvi hasn’t failed his father either. “My father cares a lot for me and it’s only because of him that I’m able to play and concentrate fully on the game,” says the lad, words that belie his tender age.

He was admitted to Bandra’s Rizvi School on the recommendation of Vivek Kadam, whose Sainath Club is accredited with the Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) and organises tournaments in and around Virar. But heroes hardly emerge from Virar. So Prithvi has to travel to Mumbai. “The point is that even if he is a champion in Virar, in Mumbai he is a nobody because of the exceptional talent in that city,” says Kadam, a former Railways cricketer. “Introducing him to Mumbai means the child will get the right kind of exposure because talent scouts and selectors do not come to these areas.” Rizvi Educational Society has now decided to provide Prithvi with accommodation in Bandra to save him the time and effort required to reach the stadiums in Churchgate.

Since he started playing in the big city, Prithvi’s cricketing skills have seen an upswing. He was the youngest batsman in last year’s Under-14 Vinoo Mankad Tournament organised by the District Sports Organisation, but caught everyone’s eye with his skill. Then at this year’s Giles Schools Tournament, a 125-year-old event, Prithvi scored two half centuries and a 43, scores that helped his school finish runners-up. He scored a half century and a 47 in the Mumbai Under-13 selection matches. In the ongoing LIC Under-14 series of four Mumbai teams selected from a pool of the most promising young cricketers, Prithvi represents Sachin XI—almost a foretelling of things to come.

In the era of heave-ho cricket, the youngster does not think much of the Twenty-20 hoopla. He plays correctly and with the straightest bat, even when he collects his colony mates for a bit of galli cricket. There is no carnival shot when a ball is bowled at him. Each of his strokes speaks of style, passion and determination.

“My favourite cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar,” he says, as if there could be any other. “I also like Dhoni,” he adds, “but only in one-day matches.” And then with a mischievous smile, he says, “But I think Dhoni should not play Test cricket.” He also says that he admires Sunil Gavaskar and Mohammed Azharuddin for their “great techniques”.

At his humble home, against a backdrop of his collection of small bats, Prithvi picks up the bat gifted to him by Tendulkar. It’s a professional SG bat but of a size that suits the little boy. “These kinds of bats are not available in India in this size,” says Pankaj with admiration. In fact, the Indian maestro recently had a chat with Pankaj—the most memorable ten minutes of his life. “I could not bring myself to speak,” says Pankaj. “He told me to just let Prithvi be and allow him to develop his game by himself. He also said that I shouldn’t neglect Prithvi’s studies just because he is good at cricket,” says Pankaj, still savouring his time with the Indian legend.

For a boy his age who has chosen to live a life on the sports field, it does come as a surprise when Pankaj says that the lad is actually good with his books and has consistently scored 80 per cent in his exams
“Prithvi is our dream,” says Kadam, sitting on a verandah of the modest changing room of the Virar Nagar Parishad Cricket Ground, where Prithvi first faced a cricket ball at the age of two, 70 km from Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium that is home to some of the greatest names in international cricket. As the kid changes into his gear—his MIG gloves, the Morrant pads gifted to him by an English coach (who wants to take him to England to play county cricket), and his favourite SG bat with Tendulkar’s autograph on it—a metamorphoses unfolds. The callow child is gone and a mature player emerges. His shots are hard, fast and always along the ground.

“Prithvi’s talent is totally natural and he does not need to be taught,” says Phatak. “There is a certain maturity in him when it comes to cricket, unlike other kids of his age or even those older than him. He really puts in a lot of effort and doesn’t miss even a single match.” That perhaps is the true mark of a rising crickete

http://www.funonthenet.in/forums/ind...c=91040.0;wap2

Mmmmmmm.....

Unread 05-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
Cevno
Prince of Calcutta
$ICF: 10,532,499
Sounds good.

Unread 05-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #9
rkt.india
Akalp Mastishk Manthan
$ICF: 3,549,229,257
Too young to talk about anything. So many like him have been talked a lot before. One was Rahul Tondulkar who could not even make it to Mumbai ranji team yet.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report...7-team_1004715

Last edited by rkt.india : 05-12-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Bhabhak raha mera antarman
Fafak raha mera antarman
Par na aag bujh rahi
Na ashru ubal rahe

Aaj hai ye kaisa antarman
Jhanjhvato me gote khata pratyek kshann
Apni hi smritiyon se ladta
Kyu nahi chir-nidra me so jata antarman

Unread 05-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #10
gaurav92
SRT = GOD
$ICF: 56,217,131,021,367
"Commit all your Crimes when Sachin is Batting because at that time even The Lord is watching"

Click here to relive some glorious moments in Cricket

Unread 05-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #11
nballa
Prince of Calcutta
$ICF: 3,342,530
At 4:30 every morning, when kids his age are lost in their own private wonderlands
what the....

Unread 05-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #12
daryl1985
Jumbo
$ICF: 5,152,859,907
Quote Originally Posted by msb1991 View Post
I hate the hyping of prodigies, but yeh, that is a pretty superb answer.
The other kid in the 2nd video is meant to be a wonder kid aswell isn't he? Are they in the same team?

Unread 05-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
King
The Legend
$ICF: 4,282,156
Good on the lad, always nice to hear success stories of young kids. I think the next generation is going to be even better than the current ones. I've heard quite a bit about this kid. I'm certain he will have a few ups and downs but if he keeps at it he will definitely achieve what he sets out to. Just need to make sure he continues to work hard. Pretty much every international cricketer would have been worth his salt in his younger days. I go back to the 10,000 hours at a skill to master it. This kid could be one of them.

On the same account we have seen several kids with great ability, we have one of our own. Although NZ sounds a tiny county in the map for cricket at least, we do have our Kane Williamsons and so forth.

Just check on our own boy (our club lad)

Now tell me, is it really impossible for Prithvi Shaw to also not be good?
http://howyoudoin.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/bangalore_royal_challengers.jpg

Unread 05-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #14
Cricket Tragic
The Legend
“My favourite cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar,” he says, as if there could be any other. “I also like Dhoni,” he adds, “but only in one-day matches.”

There is only one World Cup. The T20 tournament is officially called the World T20. It is NOT a World Cup. Please stop calling it by the wrong name. For some reason, it irritates the hell out of me.

Unread 05-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #15
Roshanrocks
ESPA Bandit
$ICF: 4,005,618,488,749
Gavaskar gave SRT a bat early on in his shildhood, Now SRT gifts a bat to Prithvi

Hope all goes well in his career... touchwood...

Unread 05-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #16
Roshanrocks
ESPA Bandit
HUtt Hawk Rachin luks nice in the nets... I hope he has a good future

Unread 05-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #17
Sachinism
TetraHydroCannabinol
$ICF: 1,175,429,018
OMG Ravi, BIG thanks for sharing Rachin videos. I think his coach removed all the older vids of him on youtube.
Hows he doing these days? Scoring runs, making an impression on the age groups?
Opinions are like orgasms.
Mine's more important and I don't give a **** if she has one.
http://wc2011-india.blogspot.com/

Unread 05-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
King
The Legend
Quote Originally Posted by Sachinism View Post
OMG Ravi, BIG thanks for sharing Rachin videos. I think his coach removed all the older vids of him on youtube.
Hows he doing these days? Scoring runs, making an impression on the age groups?
No worries mate. The reason for removal was several starting from approaches from agents to requests for coaching others like him

Going great guns, plenty of runs through out. Has had unbelievable run of form, I think at one stage there were 11 knocks over 50 without getting out. Obviously with the growth in the last couple of years there's a lot of strength in his shots as you can see from the videos. The bat size is slightly bigger than before with a bit more meat.

Unread 05-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
Dexter Morgan
Serial Killer
$ICF: 1,001,320,864,156
Quote Originally Posted by Roshanrocks View Post
Gavaskar gave SRT a bat early on in his shildhood, Now SRT gifts a bat to Prithvi

Hope all goes well in his career... touchwood...
I think it was pads not bat.
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Unread 05-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #20
Sidhoni
Die Mannschaft
Rachin looks really good

Unread 05-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #21
msb1991
The Wall
$ICF: 10,131,299
Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
No worries mate. The reason for removal was several starting from approaches from agents to requests for coaching others like him

Going great guns, plenty of runs through out. Has had unbelievable run of form, I think at one stage there were 11 knocks over 50 without getting out. Obviously with the growth in the last couple of years there's a lot of strength in his shots as you can see from the videos. The bat size is slightly bigger than before with a bit more meat.
Is he playing for club first team or still age group?
Follow me on Twitter: @ManrajBahra

Unread 05-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #22
cowboysfan
America's team
$ICF: 574,603,432
We need to teach these young ones proper technique and the ability to play on all surfaces,quicker pitches from state level cricket will be a good start.
"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail"-John Wooden.

"Losers are for losers"-cowboysfan.

Proud member of the Coffee party.

Unread 05-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #23
King
The Legend
Quote Originally Posted by msb1991 View Post
Is he playing for club first team or still age group?
All sorts, the way it works is you will continue to play the age group as it's important to be selected for local rep sides. Outside that, there are tourneys, overseas trips and so forth. In all he's played age group cricket, rep tourneys, other tourneys, played couple of games for colleges, played against men in India and so forth. Locally the chance of playing for club first team won't happen you finish college i.e till about the time you are 18. Till that point in time you end up representing your college.

Unread 05-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #24
Cricket Tragic
The Legend
Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
Good on the lad, always nice to hear success stories of young kids. I think the next generation is going to be even better than the current ones. I've heard quite a bit about this kid. I'm certain he will have a few ups and downs but if he keeps at it he will definitely achieve what he sets out to. Just need to make sure he continues to work hard. Pretty much every international cricketer would have been worth his salt in his younger days. I go back to the 10,000 hours at a skill to master it. This kid could be one of them.

On the same account we have seen several kids with great ability, we have one of our own. Although NZ sounds a tiny county in the map for cricket at least, we do have our Kane Williamsons and so forth.

Just check on our own boy (our club lad)

Now tell me, is it really impossible for Prithvi Shaw to also not be good?
Impressive!

Plays the short ball better than Raina.

Unread 06-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #25
Cricket Tragic
The Legend
@StevePigeon19

Seen him play he will go far. Getting some senior experience at my club! Lovely lad as well!

Frightening amount of ability. Takes everything in his stride.

Unread 06-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #26
Sachinism
TetraHydroCannabinol
Who's Steve Pigeon?
Prithvi is playing in England currently, right?

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #27
jj_28
Winter Is Coming
$ICF: 19,243
Who's Steve Pigeon?
+1 is he a coach

Unread 06-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #28
Roshanrocks
ESPA Bandit
Quote Originally Posted by mcenley View Post
I think it was pads not bat.
ur right... He gifted pads

Unread 06-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #29
Cricket Tragic
The Legend
Who's Steve Pigeon?
Quote Originally Posted by jj_28 View Post
+1 is he a coach
Yes, he's in England.

I just saw this on Twitter. Not sure who Steve is. Might be a team mate, coach or someone at the club.

Unread 06-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #30
Sachinism
TetraHydroCannabinol
Yeh I saw Venkatananth's tweet straight after I posted here lol

Unread 06-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #31
jj_28
Winter Is Coming
$ICF: 19,243
Does India do this often? Send gifted youngsters overseas so they can refine their talent in areas where they lack proper coaching

Unread 06-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #32
achilles
The Legend
$ICF: 4,206,696
“My favourite cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar,” he says, as if there could be any other. “I also like Dhoni,” he adds, “but only in one-day matches.”

Dhobi trolled by kid
Workers play Football. Managers play Tennis. Bosses play Snooker and CEOs play Golf. Moral: The higher you move up the ladder, the ball becomes smaller & you need a better vision.... ;-)

Three Boys and a cricketing dream
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #33
Cricket Tragic
The Legend
Three Boys and a cricketing dream

As the sun goes on Mumbai's maidans, young boys, their flannels gone brown from the dust, walk back with talk of big scores, blinding catches and terrific bowling spells. These days, the buzz in Mumbai is about three teenagers Sarfaraz Khan, Arman Jaffer and Prithvi Shaw and their superlative scores with the bat. For the first time since Sachin Tendulkar made his debut, these three youngsters have set the city grounds on fire.

Playing for Mumbai's Rizvi Springfield School, Sarfaraz, Arman and Prithvi have an aggregate of 25,000 runs between them over the last three seasons. Sarfaraz has smashed 31 centuries while Prithvi has over 25. Arman has crossed the 100-mark on 55 occasions - 8 of them coming in one season. That's a total of around 120 tons between the three.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/th...dream/962891/0
The last bit...

Though Rizvi school coach Pathak recognises the talent he sees in the three boys, he is conservative about making predictions about who among them will last the distance. Many young cricketers have excelled in school cricket previously too but things changed for them after they turned 16. Many are lost now and their dreams of making it big lie shattered, he says.

So what are we witnessing then? The birth of three batsmen who will lead India to path-breaking pinnacles? Or just the story of three young men whose talents are merely a class above the level they're presently playing in? Whether any of them turns out to be the next Tendulkar or not, for the families, there is no question of turning back now. All three families have invested everything they have into their sons careers. These are dreams crafted with no back-up plan or insurance

The article provides an idea of the struggle involved and these boys are just starting out.

Unread 06-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #35
cowboysfan
America's team
$ICF: 574,603,432
Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
Ůy favourite cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar, he says, as if there could be any other. Ū also like Dhoni, he adds, ut only in one-day matches.

Dhobi trolled by kid
"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail"-John Wooden.

"Losers are for losers"-cowboysfan.

Proud member of the Coffee party.

Unread 06-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #36
Executioner
The Wall
$ICF: 102,551,806
Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
Ůy favourite cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar, he says, as if there could be any other. Ū also like Dhoni, he adds, ut only in one-day matches.

Dhobi trolled by kid

Unread 06-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #37
vvvslaxman
Yej we gan
$ICF: 46,600,766,059
future player
George: Who goes to superbowl with ther mail man
Seinfeld:Who goes anywhere with newman?

Unread 06-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #38
flamy
Fierce Love
$ICF: 200,300,004,078
Way too much hype on kids nowadays
لله لكم وقد تملكها
The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine. - Sir James Jeans

Unread 06-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #39
jind
The Legend
$ICF: 24,622
Quote Originally Posted by flamy View Post
Way too much hype on kids nowadays
true ...puts added pressure and invites agents/sponsorship... the latter could be a good or bad thing

Unread 11-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #40
SLICKR392
PIP BOY 3000
$ICF: 7,266,989,242,910
Prithvi Shaws 546 lights up Harris Shield
Mumbai's Prithvi Shaw's hit 546 in a Harris Shield match, which is now the highest score by an Indian in any form of cricket.

Just days after Sachin Tendulkars retirement from cricket, 15-year-old Prithvi Shaw, already a known name in Mumbais cricketing circle, took newsrooms around the country by storm when he scored 546 off 330 balls, including 85 fours and five sixes, for Rizvi Springfield against St Francis DAssisi in a Harris Shield game in Mumbai on Wednesday (November 20).

Shaw, unbeaten on 257 overnight, went on to score another 273 runs today.

Not long ago, in 2010-11, another ward from Springfield, Armaan Jaffer, had made headlines with his innings of 498 against IES Raja Shivaji School.

Shaw not only bettered his school mate, but is now the third highest scorer in any class of cricket behind Clark Houses Arthur Collins, who made 628 not out against North Town in 1899, and Break-o-Days Charles Eady, who hit 566.

It is the highest score by any Indian batsman in school cricket and surpassed some big numbers in first-class cricket too. Previously, DR Havewalla, who had made 515 for Bombay Baroda and Central India Railways against St Xaviers in Mumbai 1933-34, held the highest by an Indian in minor cricket.

Shaw is the third Indian after Havewalla and Chaman Lal, who made 502 not out for Mahendra College, Patiala against Government College, Rupar in 1956-57, to score 500 runs or more in an innings.

Maharashtras BB Nimbalkar, who made 443 not out against Kathiawar in 1948-49, holds the Indian record for the highest first-class score.
http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-n...s-shield/86608

There's nothing scarier than the familier made strange. It looks like something you know. But it's not. And it knows it