Shiv Sena MP barred from flying on all airlines in India[Update post 27]

Muloghonto

6 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Modi will not do anything. The police will take action based on the complaint of AI. End of matter.

Do you mean the same way the police took action against Madhukar Sarpotdar and the others based on the complaints post 93?

Edited by Mariyam

35 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Do you mean the same way the police took action against Madhukar Sarpotdar and the others based on the complaints post 93?

FYI - he was convicted by the courts. Of course, he didn't spend much time in jails, just like Laloo was convicted, yet hardly spent any time in jail.

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

The bolded part is irrelevant. Because, thanks to the congress, we've had 50+ years of criminal raj. So every subsequent criminal can say 'i am not the first criminal'. If Indians want a clean & responsible government, the buck has to stop somewhere, some day and they have to graduate to a proper, accountable democratic system like the west. Nowhere in the mature democracies, like in the west/japan/korea etc. can you have an elected politician openly claim they assaulted someone and not lose their job. Did you not see what caused the last Korean President to lose her job ?!

Thats the whole point- Indians always tend to relativize the goonda raj. Every act of proven criminality should auto-disqualify a politician form their job, without fail. Doesn't matter if its a 4 billion dollar scam, rape, killing or a slap. All of them are felonies. All of them are criminal actions punishable under the penal code of India. All of them needs to be punished uniformly.Or it is still a goonda-raj. Its a bloody country of 1.2 billion what are we gonna run out of politicians or people wanting to be politicians ?

You cannot selectively comment on one line without the context in which it was made. Please read the earlier part where I have already mentioned my disgust with his act. Also, forget about Congress for last 50 years, even today criminals get elected and this is not something that is going to stop anytime soon. Of course, in an ideal World, no criminal would get elected and India would become Utopia, but let's be real here. 

3 minutes ago, Texan said:

FYI - he was convicted by the courts. Of course, he didn't spend much time in jails, just like Laloo was convicted, yet hardly spent any time in jail.

The point is that Mumbai Police refused to arrest him. He turned himself in, by his own volition, a few days after the summons. In the process becoming a 'hero' from a perpetrator.

I do not get the Laloo comparison. Laloo was convicted in a graft case. Sarpotdar for inciting mob violence (specifically against localities he knew had no role in the riots) and also for extortion.

Per chance, if you think that I am a fan of Laloo Yadav and his brand of politics, you are gravely mistaken. Incarcerate Laloo for all I care. He probably deserves it. But do not tell me that Mumbai Police/Maharashtra Police will act against the Shiv Sena leadership when all precedents point in the other direction.

10 minutes ago, Texan said:

You cannot selectively comment on one line without the context in which it was made. Please read the earlier part where I have already mentioned my disgust with his act. Also, forget about Congress for last 50 years, even today criminals get elected and this is not something that is going to stop anytime soon. Of course, in an ideal World, no criminal would get elected and India would become Utopia, but let's be real here. 

so basically western countries are utopia ?

I am reading your post in context- you did criticize it but also said bigger things have gone unpunished and its not a humongous crime- i.e., you are relativizing felony. Which is exactly my problem with the Indian mentality- it does not see law and order as a discrete requirement, just a relative one. and with that mindset, India will never, ever have non-criminal politics/free of gundaa-raj. 
What Indians need to accept and want, is i don't care if the leader is as well spoken as Modi, as visionary as Sardar Patel- if he touches a woman he wrong way or hits someone, it auto-disqualifies him from being a politician. Thats not demanding utopia, thats just demanding a standard that 500 million+ people live by.

I had written about banning the culprit from flying and filing criminal case and damage charges against him

Great work, AI and FIA .... Please file for damages as well (if not already done) 

Edited by zen

If the govt is actually thinking to review then it is disgusting on the part of the govt.

Any normal person would be behind prison .

Sick that the govt chooses to review for this asshole instead of letting the airlines decide what is safe for them and passengers.

If indeed they do this...then to hell with BJP.

Vistara and AirAsia too join the ban.

Air India cancelled his return ticket.(he had threatened that he will go and sit and no one can stop him as he has booked tickets).

His agent booked his ticket on Indigo(a low cost airline with no business class) ....but they also cancelled after they got the alert on his name.

10 minutes ago, beetle said:

If the govt is actually thinking to review then it is disgusting on the part of the govt.

Any normal person would be behind prison .

Sick that the govt chooses to review for this asshole instead of letting the airlines decide what is safe for them and passengers.

If indeed they do this...then to hell with BJP.

Any matter can be reviewed in terms of legality .... it is the decision taken after the review that matters 

6 minutes ago, zen said:

Any matter can be reviewed in terms of legality .... it is the decision taken after the review that matters 

Coming out and talking of review at a time when all airlines have barred him for his criminal assault appears more like taking his side at this time.

Let the police do something against him ....let him travel by other means....then review later.

At this time it looks like they are more worried about the gunda than the public.

There is a time and place for everything.

46 minutes ago, beetle said:

Coming out and talking of review at a time when all airlines have barred him for his criminal assault appears more like taking his side at this time.

Let the police do something against him ....let him travel by other means....then review later.

At this time it looks like they are more worried about the gunda than the public.

There is a time and place for everything.

Did the govt ask the airlines to issue the guy a seat?

Read about what law minister said.

He is coming out in open support of the gunda in this case. He does not have to present the case so strongly.

I hope the airlines go on strike if this guy intervenes.Airlines are within their right to protect their employees and their passengers from such violent entitled gundas.

I hope the people are watching all this with great interest.people are sick and tired of such gunda politicians and their supporters .

Delhi local elections are coming. I hope Modi knows better.

I have to ask though why was this guy issued with a business class ticket when there was no business class seat on the flight?

Air india has always been a mess. Its the poor customer facing staff who bear the brunt of it.

A few people we know travelled via air india. Bags were misplaced. Went to file a complaint and many other people were mouthing off at the desk attendants.

For some reason people just seem to lose their **** with air india

While this guy should clearly be jailed the Air india too need to axe people for incompetence

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk