Indian media watch thread

Number

Infighting erupts between namo CheerGirls ! after the Great Tweeter invited 150 of his favorite twiter cheergirls for a special meeting. Those excluded from this pvt soiree were vexed at being denied another opportunity to exhibit their cowering sycophancy , and to get down close and personal with their Idol . :hysterical: LINK
Since when is dailyo.in or some random bhakt tweeple considered as MSM? I think either you don't know what is considered as MSM or your are just trolling in this thread, which one is it?

What else you expect. He isnt worth 2 minutes of air time. Its cos guys like him i have given up watching prime channels like AAJ TAK. We had few really political puppet presidents in past like Gyani Jail Singh,Pratibha Patil but they maintained the dignity of their office, but this Pranab Mukherjee is really embarrassing. :headshake:
Why is president even hosting the Iftaar party? I never heard of any Navratra party.

Few channels like NDTV/Aaj Tak hasnt got any news to report. The journalists have been used to getting fed stories by politicians. Change in leadership has blocked that channel of comminication between government and reporters. Now these lazy bunchs are relying on Kejriwal or tweets for news. Kejriwal's appeal on anti corruption has diminished and he is now solid Delhi politician so rest of India isnt interested in his garbage. In live discussions, All these prime reporters seems to be catching on what is going on as they cant do a homework due to lack of pre fed stories. Its a shame for them that general people have started equating Indian journalism with politics

One more in Hindu about Bacchan endorsing DD Kisan channel http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/amitabh-bachchans-msp-for-dds-kisan-channel-rs-631-crore/article7431208.ece?homepage=true and the denial

ANI ‏@ANI_news 28m28 minutes ago I wish to state that I haven't entered into any contract with Doordarshan,on endorsement of their Channel DD Kisan: Amitabh Bachchan stmnt

I was about to post that too. The Hindu, from being left liberal has now turned into an anti BJP propaganda machine blatantly posting manufactured false news stories.

but the hindu editor stands by their story

Malini Parthasarathy ‏@MaliniP 10h10 hours ago We stand by our story on Mr Bachchan's endorsement of the DD Kisan channel.We have the documents confirming the celebrity endorsement costs.

Why is president even hosting the Iftaar party? I never heard of any Navratra party.
This is lame argument. For argument sake I can also say why there are such large gatherings like Kumbh in the country. Why there are not similar large gatherings for Christians, Sikhs and Muslims? Why govt resources should be wasted on an event which is essentially a religious thing by a particular religion only.

This is lame argument. For argument sake I can also say why there are such large gatherings like Kumbh in the country. Why there are not similar large gatherings for Christians' date=' Sikhs and Muslims? Why govt resources should be wasted on an event which is essentially a religious thing by a particular religion only.[/quote'] Those gatherings will be happening whether govt. funds them or not. These are for aam janta and their religious gathering. Did President invite aam janta for his iftaar party? I would love it if these Iftaar parties are for those muslims who cant afford to eat a good meal and there are plenty of those in India. Also, these large gatherings encourage tourism and business. What is Iftar party serving, especially, when a president hosts it.

Those gatherings will be happening whether govt. funds them or not. These are for aam janta and their religious gathering. Did President invite aam janta for his iftaar party? I would love it if these Iftaar parties are for those muslims who cant afford to eat a good meal and there are plenty of those in India. Also' date=' these large gatherings encourage tourism and business. What is Iftar party serving, especially, when a president hosts it.[/quote'] Moot points remain the same. Why govt should be spending X amount on religious amount on one religion without spending equivalent amount on the religious events of other religions. I know my argument is stupid and so is yours and my aim was to highlight the lameness of the argument why iftaar party and why not navratra party.

Moot points remain the same. Why govt should be spending X amount on religious amount on one religion without spending equivalent amount on the religious events of other religions. I know my argument is stupid and so is yours and my aim was to highlight the lameness of the argument why iftaar party and why not navratra party.
So you think an Iftaar party and a Kumbh is same?