Indian media watch thread

Number

And if the MSM had been doing it's job ' date=' perhaps the [b']poor and gullible of the country could have been spared of the habitually buffoonish exaggerations of this Charlatan.
Classic case of projection.... the people in India are not illiterate, gullible fools that you take them to be (not everyone is like you). They heard what Modi said, what Pappu said and they heard what that king of liars and urban naxal called Kejriwal said. After hearing each one of these people the people of India slapped Kejri with 4 seats, Pappu with 44 and rewarded Modi with 282 seats. You still haven't provided any proof and any video supporting your claim. So the one thing that is indeed indisputable is that you are a lying anti-Modi troll.

All videos are available online . namo cheergirls can prevaricate till their holy cows come home. You can whine, that when BJP claimed they would bring back " Kaala Dhan" , They obviously did not mean ALL the money . It could be any amount greater than $ 1. They can moan that Pradhan Drameybaaz was referring to a some distant future when he claimed , if black money is brought back to india every poor person can get Rs.15-20 Lakhs . Or that it was only a "Jumla" , idiomatic expression or observation . Not an electoral promise. What is indisputable is the absurdity of the figures bandied. And if the MSM had been doing it's job , perhaps the poor and gullible of the country could have been spared of the habitually buffoonish exaggerations of this Charlatan.
If the MSM had been doing its job then history of independent India could have been different. Congress that enjoyed 50 years of rule could had been voted out much earlier

I wouldn't even term her as a journalist. Her articles have zero analysis' date=' use jargons to amplify her arguments and there are never any facts. Glammed up doll that NDTV gives a platform to for venting out her frustrations.[/quote'] Doll? :rofl:

God I hate her. The lies that she writes...astonishing' date=' no words, how can someone be so devoid of integrity?[/quote'] I really don't know how half these people have a sound sleep at night. Maybe the marijuana helps.

Mainstream media reportage of temple attacks: Analysis Maybe not shocking at all. A temple being attacked has 23 times lower chance of media converge than church.
There is a part of that song from Johnny Gaddar which perfectly sums up our Lutyens Delhi media: Sab ek baat pe ade hain Sab paise naal jude hain Ab paisa fekh, tamaasha dekh Tamaasha dekh, paisa fekh hqdefault.jpg:dance:

http://m.indiatoday.in//video/smriti-irani-political-cinderella-rahul-amethi-food-park-issue-rajdeep-sardesai/1/438072.html I'm not a fan of the work she has done as HRD minister till now but this interview is really, really something. Totally demolished Rajdeep. Haven't seen this kind of a beating since Ram Jethmalani did it to Karan Thapar (I think it was Thapar, though I might be mistaken).

http://m.indiatoday.in//video/smriti-irani-political-cinderella-rahul-amethi-food-park-issue-rajdeep-sardesai/1/438072.html I'm not a fan of the work she has done as HRD minister till now but this interview is really, really something. Totally demolished Rajdeep. Haven't seen this kind of a beating since Ram Jethmalani did it to Karan Thapar (I think it was Thapar, though I might be mistaken).
Thanks for the share !!!! This woman is a force of nature, never backing down. :hail:

Classic case of projection.... the people in India are not illiterate' date= gullible fools that you take them to be (not everyone is like you). They heard what Modi said, what Pappu said and they heard what that king of liars and urban naxal called Kejriwal said. After hearing each one of these people the people of India slapped Kejri with 4 seats, Pappu with 44 and rewarded Modi with 282 seats. You still haven't provided any proof and any video supporting your claim. So the one thing that is indeed indisputable is that you are a lying anti-Modi troll.
Very good . Personal attacks on one of the better posters on icf. But It is to be treated like a prashaad coming from seedhi I guess:winky:

Very good . Personal attacks on one of the better posters on icf. But It is to be treated like a prashaad coming from seedhi I guess:winky:
He is a false-flagger bro. Seedhi might've been harsh with his words, but amiret is a false-flagger. Follow the last few posts of the guy on the previous page and see for yourself. I'm not simply saying this because he posts anti-Modi news.

He is a false-flagger bro. Seedhi might've been harsh with his words' date=' but amiret is a false-flagger. Follow the last few posts of the guy on the previous page and see for yourself. I'm not simply saying this because he posts anti-Modi news.[/quote'] Do you not think BJP made/used certain unreal/unverifiable claims regarding black money in their election campaign? They may not be nearly as corrupt and incompetent as congress but they did play politics.

Do you not think BJP made/used certain unreal/unverifiable claims regarding black money in their election campaign? They may not be nearly as corrupt and incompetent as congress but they did play politics.
The point is this, Modi never said that every person would get 15 lakhs. That would amount to bribing the voters. If he said this, the election commission would've punished the party. That is the bottom line. One must not propagate such lies. The first lie was the Rajnath Singh quote. Then came the 15 lakhs stuff. Saying this, I will admit that I've been disappointed with the efforts of the finance ministry. Jaitley has been pathetic with regards to this issue. SC has now brought Subbu Swamy on board and they've heard his suggestions on the 12th. It is a very important issue so I hope they get their act together sooner rather than later.

The point is this, Modi never said that every person would get 15 lakhs. That would amount to bribing the voters. If he said this, the election commission would've punished the party. That is the bottom line. One must not propagate such lies. The first lie was the Rajnath Singh quote. Then came the 15 lakhs stuff. Saying this, I will admit that I've been disappointed with the efforts of the finance ministry. Jaitley has been pathetic with regards to this issue. SC has now brought Subbu Swamy on board and they've heard his suggestions on the 12th. It is a very important issue so I hope they get their act together sooner rather than later.
On one hand they were saying that they will bring back black money and on the other making unverifiable claims on amount of black money (15 lacs per family) they knew that black money which is stashed abroad is not going to come back.

On one hand they were saying that they will bring back black money and on the other making unverifiable claims on amount of black money (15 lacs per family) they knew that black money which is stashed abroad is not going to come back.
Those claims are not unverified. Here is an article about the amount in one bank in Switzerland. http://qz.com/340983/indias-latest-black-money-revelation-in-three-charts/ Again, this is one bank. There are so many tax havens all over the world. Dubai, Cayman Islands, Mauritius, Singapore, Lichtenstein etc. Bas aap andaaza lagao. Whether it will all come back, that remains to be seen. I remain hopeful. PS: Another link https://myeconomist.wordpress.com/indias-black-money-in-swiss-bank/

Those claims are not unverified. Here is an article about the amount in one bank in Switzerland. http://qz.com/340983/indias-latest-black-money-revelation-in-three-charts/ Again, this is one bank. There are so many tax havens all over the world. Dubai, Cayman Islands, Mauritius, Singapore, Lichtenstein etc. Bas aap andaaza lagao. Whether it will all come back, that remains to be seen. I remain hopeful. PS: Another link https://myeconomist.wordpress.com/indias-black-money-in-swiss-bank/
Half of the foreign money in stock market is Indian black money routed through tax heavens. So that money is already invested in india. Bjp leadership knows that and yet the tall claims. Anyways got this on WhatsApp - "काला धन को छोड़ो ये सोचो प्रधानमंत्री को विदेश से कैसे लाया जाये"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/US-No-1-FII-source-beats-Mauritius/articleshow/34308081.cms Apr 28, 2014.
Once known as the biggest gateway for flow of funds into India, Mauritius has slipped to the second place after the US in terms of quantum of money being brought in by overseas investors into Indian markets. According to the latest data available with the capital markets regulator Sebi, the US accounted for the largest chunk of 'assets under custody' of foreign institutional investors investing in the Indian equity and debt markets at the end of 2013 with over Rs 4.37 lakh crore worth of funds. The US was followed by Mauritius with over Rs 3.31 lakh crore worth 'assets under custody (AUC)' of FIIs and their sub-accounts as on December 31, 2013. Mauritius was on the top with AUC of over Rs 3.51 lakh crore at the end of 2012, while the US came second with Rs 3.42 lakh crore. During 2013, the assets brought in by the FIIs into the Indian markets from the US increased significantly, while the fund flow from Mauritius declined amid concerns about suspected money laundering through the Indian Ocean island nation, which has been consistently denying these allegations. Among the top 10 countries in terms of AUC of FIIs and their sub-accounts registered in India, the US and Mauritius are now followed by Singapore, Luxembourg, the UK, the UAE, Norway, Netherlands, Canada and Australia. Among these, Singapore, Luxembourg, the UK and the UAE retained their respective places during 2013, while Norway moved up to the seventh place and Cananda slipped to ninth spot. The total AUC managed by all foreign investors for the Indian markets stood at close to Rs 14.65 lakh crore at the end of 2013, up from about Rs 13.35 lakh crore a year ago. Out of this, equity markets account for Rs 5.13 lakh crore investments by FIIs and Rs 8.25 lakh crore by their sub accounts. In the debt markets, the FIIs have poured in assets worth Rs 78,000 crore and sub-accounts have close to Rs 48,000 crore as on December 31, 2013. FDI from Mauritius almost halved during the April-January period of 2013-14 fiscal to close to $4 billion, from over $8 billion in the same period of 2012-13.
BJP could have educated the masses about this.