Hope the BCCI learns from this series..

and give our team time for proper preparations before embarking on an away trip to England, Aussie or SA etc. The Aussies had a special training session in Dubai where they replicated the Indian pitches and also hired an Indian to make them better familiarise with the conditions. 

Seriously, the amount of training and preparation was absolutely fantastic and that's something we should be learning. Not like previous times, where we arrive in the country just three four days, play an half assed practice match where the opposition team rolls out a flat wicket and DGrade Bowlers which does no help whatsoever.

Indian team's schedule is too tightly packed and most of the test team members also play ODIs, T20s and IPL. If we have separate teams for different formats, there could be a chance for the team to go early and practice and also less chance of fatigue, injuries etc.

Edited by kubrickian
1 minute ago, kubrickian said:

Indian team's schedule is too tightly packed and most of the test team members also play ODIs, T20s and IPL. If we have separate teams for different formats, there could be a chance for the team to go early and practice and also less chance of fatigue, injuries etc.

Pandya, Bumrah, Mishra, Axar and Nehra is good enough bowling attack for our LOI and T20s. Even from our batting lineup, I think apart from Kohli and Rahul, others simply don't play for the Test team. Batsmen have less chance of getting fatigued anyway, so I think we are pretty safe in that regard.

I'm of the opinion that if we want to win abroad, then we seriously have to consider selecting players on a priority basis for tests first and not give much importance to the Bilateral ODI and T20 matches. 

I expect Kohli to push for this idea seeing how much pride he takes in India's test performance. Different from Dhoni who never cared about our test team and never had any shame even after getting pummeled match after match. 

Earlier under Ganguly(after a series loss in Zimbabwe in 2001) our seniors made a conscious decision to prepare much harder for overseas tours, hence our above decent shows overseas in those 7-8 years. Under Dhoni it went kaboom, he was more interested in saving Srinu and other match fixers than on test cricket.