Dhoni: when will the torture end???

maniac

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

SR of 133  after playing  21 balls, in an innings SR of 217 .... coming in to to bat in the 13th over at a score of 165 for 1 on the flattest of pitches

I was impressed with his innings in the last match .... but consistency of strike rates has never been his forte in T20Is.

He hit two sixes of  spinner in one over. Apart from that it was a fairly poor innings with dot balls/single and false shots

Just now, King Tendulkar said:

Why are kohli and Rohit and shastri scared to axe him ?

sreeni still powerful in Indian cricket and bcci ? Can’t fathom any other reason

You are missing the point. Dhoni is as powerful as Sachin was. Just the difference being that Sachin barely exercises his power while Dhoni can even kill the careers of players and officials. Check Rajdeeps article on him. He's running a mafia with sreeni.

2 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Why are kohli and Rohit and shastri scared to axe him ?

sreeni still powerful in Indian cricket and bcci ? Can’t fathom any other reason

forget about Dhoni , he might still bring crowd.

Why the hell DK is there in the team :sad: 

5 minutes ago, velu said:

saturn transits again in 2020 i guess

The problem with Dhoni, and all other aging superstars of Indian cricket of the past, present and future, is not that their consistency may have dipped.  That is a natural phenomenon which affects everyone eventually.

The problem is that their inclusion in the national team is not based on their current day ability and future potential  .... and their reputations play a big part.

This is the part which I have never liked and will never like .... but is an aspect which will never change.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The problem with Dhoni, and all other aging superstars of Indian cricket of the past, present and future, is not that their consistency may have dipped.  That is a natural phenomenon which affects everyone eventually.

The problem is that their inclusion in the national team is not based on their current day ability and future potential  .... and their reputations play a big part.

This is the part which I have never liked and will never like .... but is an aspect which will never change.

It's like you ask Gavaskar now to play against Stuart Binny on a flat pitch and he would struggle like a tailender. 

Instincts hand eye coordination power timing have gone. Amazing thing is all the above seem to be there when he is taking those stumpings. Different skill sets I suppose eventually.

Edited by Vk1

I will give credit to Dhoni, he does have the grit and determination to fight it out on tough pitches and situations especially when there is no pressure of making quick runs and the only instinct is survival.

But he does not have the ability any more to hit on will...that is why calculations won’t work like it did for him when he was younger...he just needs to go back to try hitting every ball like he did when he was starting,because he just doesn’t have those skills anymore....but what is annoying is that he just doesn’t show intent anymore.

Today though he did “try” but wasn’t good good enough...he has played worse innings than this in the last few months...that should give some indication.

Edited by maniac
2 minutes ago, maniac said:

I will give credit to Dhoni, he does have the grit and determination to fight it out on tough pitches and situations especially when there is no pressure of making quick runs and the only instinct is survival.

But he does not have the ability any more to hit on will...that is why calculations won’t work like it did for him when he was younger...he just needs to go back to try hitting every ball like he did when he was younger,because he just doesn’t have those skills anymore....but what is annoying is that he just doesn’t show intent anymore.

Today though he did “try” but wasn’t good good enough...he has played worse innings than this in the last few months...that should give some indication.

PM these kind of comments to me , i will edit it and post it by myself :icflove: