Site Feedback

Gambit

Re: Site Feedback

Opening the PM is a minute's job but the abuse that will be done using the PM will be every minute too if we open it up. I don't favour PM being opened for every member on this website but if anyone feels otherwise strongly we can open it up.
Ah, so the likelihood of one or two d*ckheads misusing the PM facility is justification for shutting it down completely ? Come on Rav, you're better than that ! I have never seen anything like that done on any other forum and it's completely unfair on the law-abiding members (ie; 95% of all the active members of this forum). It's absurd. If somebody abuses their PM privileges, then take it away from 'em - don't let the other good people suffer because of their antics. Turn it back on - you know it makes sense.

We are a very lenient site .... infact this is as close as it gets to a unmoderated site .... So if someone like you crosses the line it will just attract a friendly advice .... But there are some others who have a big history of trolling which we are aware from past experiences ... for them that will attract a short ban depending on the seriousness. BTW any reason why you are asking ? :hic:
Well when you see the Indians refusing to visit this board because there is too much abuse against a certain country and a certain religion then you know there is a problem. Other than that you folks are doing a really fine job...i especially like Rajeev's video clips section.

Well when you see the Indians refusing to visit this board because there is too much abuse against a certain country and a certain religion then you know there is a problem. Other than that you folks are doing a really fine job...i especially like Rajeev's video clips section.
To be honest it is their problem refusing to look at anything prior jumping into conclusion. What do you mean when you say abuse against a country and religion? I think that is to a certain extent a delusion. You don't hear praises about India on a Pak cricket board do ya? Similarly not everyone is like that here either. Some do overdo it a bit but as I said it is nothing new. True some have a go at Pakistan and its players but similarly a lot also show plenty of regard for Pakistan cricket too. As for religion there is constructive criticism, open debates and not absues. If you show us the abuse we will have a look at it otherwise we are not going to be able to moderate every post here. To be honest for every couple of islam critics there are equal number of hindu religion critics too. To be honest a lot of fellas just see the title of the thread and walk away. If you have a look you will see all religions are put under scanner. It simply depends on what you want to see really.

Re: Site Feedback I love this website but have only one problem. When you scroll down to the bottom of the page and you can select what page and if you want the newest or oldest posts first. Is there a way of making the newest posts come first without changing it. So can we make the newest post default fg [mod edit]

Re: Site Feedback I spotted a mistake in the description of the Multimedia section on the forums menu. It currently reads; Please ensure you read the Terms of Service thread in the Multimedia section prior using this forums. You are missing the word "to" - between the words "prior" and "using".

To be honest it is their problem refusing to look at anything prior jumping into conclusion. What do you mean when you say abuse against a country and religion? I think that is to a certain extent a delusion. You don't hear praises about India on a Pak cricket board do ya? Similarly not everyone is like that here either. Some do overdo it a bit but as I said it is nothing new. True some have a go at Pakistan and its players but similarly a lot also show plenty of regard for Pakistan cricket too. As for religion there is constructive criticism, open debates and not absues. If you show us the abuse we will have a look at it otherwise we are not going to be able to moderate every post here. To be honest for every couple of islam critics there are equal number of hindu religion critics too. To be honest a lot of fellas just see the title of the thread and walk away. If you have a look you will see all religions are put under scanner. It simply depends on what you want to see really.
I don't mind the friendly banter or constructive criticism. There is also no denying the fact that there are some excellent posters on this board, the likes of Dhondy, Lurker, Rajeev etc stand out but there are also quite a few trolls. In many cases it's blatantly obvious that are trying to be silly and seek attention, so this being a suggestion thread for the betterment of this site i suggest that you folks keep a close eye on such posters and once in a while send them a warning or two!