Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

19 minutes ago, kruiser said:

Don't believe everything you read here..:flute:

Even if you don't, there are a few FACTS that are hard to ignore

1.  Saini averages 23.8  in F.C. with a SR of 51... showing that he is a wicket-taker.

2.  He is clocking 135 k to 145 k in 5-day matches  ( not T20s  where so many people bowl quick )

3. He has picked up loads of wickets in both the Ranji final and semi-final ... basically important knockout matches.

4. He has played in 2 A-team series and done well ... which basically means that he is on the verge of national selection.

5.  He is around  6 feet tall.

Edited by express bowling
26 minutes ago, eternalhope said:

They should give him a chance in Tests than in the shorter formats. I believe he is ready for India duty in the longer format.

Yes .  Saini has bowled much better in the 5-day games.

Among uncapped quicks,  Khalil and Khejroliya have bowled better in the shorter formats.

2 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Navdeep Saini, Aniket Choudhary, Varun Aaron, Lalit yadav, Khalil Ahmed for me

If in terms of wickets, in first class only Saini, Aniket and may be Lalit till he got injured. Khalil and Khejroliya have been successful in the shorter formats. I am hoping Varun returns with a refined action and approach this time after his current stint with MRF.

3 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Choudhary is only hyped up ICF....

he doesn't have a wicket taking delivery...he is more like pankaj singh

Look at his domestic numbers last three years,looks like you dont follow it, he is a longer format bowler, bowls from across n hits the difficult length around middle stump, he is not Irfan Pathan kinda full length bowler but a good length, hit the deck bowler, his natural angke he will get edges, also has a good short ball, havent seen him swing the ball but he can seam the ball.

3 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Choudhary is only hyped up ICF....

he doesn't have a wicket taking delivery...he is more like pankaj singh

Many on ICF seem to be biased for hit the deck bowlers. They are always over rated here. All you need is a bit of pace and bowl a few bouncers. ICF will be impressed. Consistency, fitness, brain, variety doesn't matter. A bit of pace and bounce and drooling starts.

9 hours ago, Bilal78 said:

Who are India’s top 5 bowlers in domestics excluding Bumrah, Shami, Yadav, Ishant, Bhuvneshwar.

In terms of  "near national team selection "   ... that is playing for A-teams 

5-day games -  Saini, Shardul, Siraj , Rajpoot, Aniket

50-over games - Shardul, Kaul ( trundler ), Thampi, Siraj, 

Uncapped pacers who are quick and doing well.

5-day games -  Saini, Nathu, Nagarkoti.

50-over games - Nagarkoti, Khaleel, Khejroliya, Thampi, Avesh, Nathu, Siraj, Sangwan, Mavi, 

Swing bowler -  Gurbani

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very happy to see Saini in the test team.

Deserves it thoroughly.

He should be in the playing 11.

Then our team management will know where he stands as a test bowler ... and whether he can be played in England.

i am afraid Thakur is ahead of him in pecking order - do not like this.  its bad that Saini did not get any play in IPL as well. 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

i am afraid Thakur is ahead of him in pecking order - do not like this.  its bad that Saini did not get any play in IPL as well. 

Shardul will probably get the nod ahead of Saini  ...  but Saini is miles ahead of Shardul as a test prospect.

I hope the pecking order is broken.

On 3/17/2018 at 1:28 PM, express bowling said:

In terms of  "near national team selection "   ... that is playing for A-teams 

5-day games -  Saini, Shardul, Siraj , Rajpoot, Aniket

50-over games - Shardul, Kaul ( trundler ), Thampi, Siraj, 

Uncapped pacers who are quick and doing well.

5-day games -  Saini, Nathu, Nagarkoti.

50-over games - Nagarkoti, Khaleel, Khejroliya, Thampi, Avesh, Nathu, Siraj, Sangwan, Mavi, 

Swing bowler -  Gurbani

are u guys saying that Avesh Khan is no where, he was flown to africa to bowl in Nets, that shows he is in the race as well some where.