Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

I watched the final session where Saini and Khejroliya bowled unchanged, it was just too good as a fan of Indian cricket. Saini outbowled Khejroliya in that he was just so consistent in line, length and pace. It was relentless stuff. Forget the wicket balls, he was regularly beating the edges of the top and middle order. And speed guns were showing Saini to be at least 4-5 kms quicker than Khejroliya (probably because KK was bowling too short most times). Dont want to hype anyone here, but if ever an ICF member has to be genuinely excited about a prospect, it is now, with Saini. I think he moves up the pecking order to the very top for a Test debut, above the Sharduls, Thampis, Rajpoots.

9 minutes ago, SUMO said:

To be honest khejroliya was very ordinary...130-35 with inconsistent short stuff would pe pies for better batsman.

Saini looked good.

He must be tried in test cricket.

He is already 25 so can't waste 2 years to groom him.

khejroliya seems to be suited for shorter formats like the nz mitch.

21 hours ago, express bowling said:

Saini bowls Amit with a quick  144 k delivery that seemed in

i think if saini can bowl at 144k most often and the way he bowled against Bengal ..he definitely is ahead of Siraj/thampi/ankit and avesh but can he sustain this red hot form that he showed with many balls higher than 140K and bowled at the pace of Shammi..shammi bowled 134 to 143k where as he bowled 130 to 145K and in the right line n length..i expect shammi to be a bit relaxed.

secondly i liked some of the short bowling that khejroliya did but was surprised to see the pace meter showing 134K...i thot those balls were 140k+...he beat many batsman on bouncers and short balls ...

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

lets see how he does in finals..if he performs well in finals , he could be picked soon.

His 4 wicket haul yesterday had enough spark to be selected in team, but he is not as quick as umesh or aron, we have  lots of these 140k to 145k pacers but not a single one can clock 145+, I need someone in the range of of 145 to 150 with proper control.

Edited by speedheat
27 minutes ago, speedheat said:

His 4 wicket haul yesterday had enough spark to be selected in team, but he is not as quick as umesh or aron, we have  lots of these 140k to 145k pacers but not a single one can clock 145+, I need someone in the range of of 145 to 150 with proper control.

Even Umesh and Aaron mostly clocked 140-145 on domestic speed gun.