Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

This is some top class bowling by Saini. Pace,  bounce, accuracy,  seam movement both ways, reverse swing and maintaining good intensity even in the last spell of the day. This guy is a complete package. The most impressive thing about him is the zip the ball gets after pitching. 

Saini is certainly knocking at the doors if not selected it will be huge disappoint ment on selectors part.He reminds me of a Dale Steyn bowling with pace clocked 144k today which is clearly 147-148 k on loi speedguns...Selectors should take note of this ..this can be era defining moment for India ....a good pool of genuine fast bowlers who can make India one of the greatest when unleashed I pray selectors notice this lot of fast bowlers

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I have not seen this type of bowling from him even in Ranji this season.

If I was a selector , I am picking Yadav for SA tour for sure. I don't think selection for SA in my view is wrong.Just saw highlights of Saini and I will still pick Yadav. if the ball does not swing what will Saini do what are his other weapons, I don't think he has more pace than Yadav.

Is it SG ball they are using or Kookaburra.

If Saini whose odd ball touched 144 is genuine pace what is pace of Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood called.

Edited by putrevus

Just watched the highlights. What I really liked Saini got all of his wickets as bowled. This is really good to know and seems like he is a thinking bowler. We have something similar in Shami. I just hope Indian selectors choose him in right format, which is test. We can hope of him getting selected for English tour. On contrary, Saini will now get huge sum in IPL auction, will be over-bowled there which can affect his bowling.

16 minutes ago, putrevus said:

If I was a selector , I am picking Yadav for SA tour for sure. I don't think selection for SA in my view is wrong.Just saw highlights of Saini and I will still pick Yadav. if the ball does not swing what will Saini do what are his other weapons, I don't think he has more pace than Yadav.

If Saini whose odd ball touched 144 is genuine pace what is pace of Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood called.

yadav's pace is not what it used to be.

9 minutes ago, renjith said:

Worst fear is selectors picking this guy for t20. If selecting he must be picked for tests.

I feel so. Currently, we pick bowlers in shorter format and then graduate them to tests, which proves wrong for some bowlers. See Siraj. He was carted away in his debut match, but had he been tested against Sri Lanka in tests, it would have boosted his confidence. I can't get we played likes of Abhimanyu Mithun and Vinay Kumar (Vinay debuted in Perth) in tests as debut but these better prospects are thrown to T20s. Something really wrong there in management or selectors. At most, they should start with ODIs where bowlers have some relief. 

Similarly in batting, Pant was given opportunity at number 5/6 in T20s whereas had he given ODI cap before that, results could have been different because new player can have more time to adjust in international arena. 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood were mostly bowling in 138-144 k range too. He did the same too.

^ Yeah good point Temujin, ATM Kohli is honeymooning, Shastri is probably drunk & selectors have already selected a squad for SA tour. And delhi dont have a cheerleading squad like Mumbai do. Even if he performs well in the finals, it will not be noticed. So he'll have to keep performing in this manner.

Edited by chapetmarunga