Virat Kohli : worst captain in international cricket ever ?

Muloghonto

1 minute ago, wanted_desi said:

-Acted like a child during OZ Series 

-Laughed with Parosi after getting beaten

-Doesn't take practice serious, was busy with his wife

-Drops best players with bat and ball

-Made Kumble Resign because he selected Yadav 

List is too long, he is the worst captain and 0-12 is writing on the wall. Ink might as well be dry.

IPL plus one home test series against SL, and all will be forgotten

Yes.

Pujara, Ash and Jaddu being monsters in subcontinent masked most of Kohli's shortcomings. I even posted before that even if we pick random 7 Ranji performers with these three and Kohli our subcontinent results wouldn't change much. The first time when team selection and tactics become very important Kohli gets fully exposed!

Calling him worst ever is a bit too harsh, but he sure has the worst temperament for a leader, angry leaders make for dictators, theres a thin line between a leader and a dictator, kohli is surely the latter, he is not a matured person, he lacks qualities of a good leader, i.e ownership, sensibility, and calmness. 

Edited by Sean Bradley

I will still give him a pass in tests because he is probably the best captain since Dravid when it comes to using his fast bowling resources but as a captain fielding at deep mid wicket in a crunch situation in a limited overs game is unacceptable.

If he respects Dhoni as a LOI captain sure take advice...plenty of captains have done that from senior players but totally delegating responsibility is the mark of a clueless captain.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

I will still give him a pass in tests because he is probably the best captain since Dravid when it comes to using his fast bowling resources but as a captain fielding at deep mid wicket in a crunch situation in a limited overs game is unacceptable.

If he respects Dhoni as a LOI captain sure take advice...plenty of captains have done that from senior players but totally delegating responsibility is the mark of a clueless captain.

Do you know why he fielded there?  

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

there is a saying in tamil , "you cant keep two knifes in a single sheath" :p:

6 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Calling him worst ever is a bit too harsh, but he sure has the worst temperament for a leader, angry leaders make for dictators, theres a thin line between a leader and a dictator, kohli is surely the latter, he is not a matured person, he lacks qualities of a good leader, i.e ownership, sensibility, and calmness. 

In my 25 years workplace experience, as well as coaching various sports, its always- every single time- the worst temperament makes the worst leader. 
Leading is first and foremost about creating a culture and temperament is the thing that directly influences culture of the team. Virat isn't a leader, he is a boss. And those who know the difference, will immediately see why Virat is a toxic influence on the Indian team leadership. 

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Using resources is the only non-negative thing in his resume as a captain. And even then, he is not stellar at it, just not crap. 

He is utterly mentally unsuited for any leadership role and he is quickly becoming the poster-child of how not to lead.