Virat Kohli : worst captain in international cricket ever ?

Muloghonto

3 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

:phehe: lying again brother, this is not done... 

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/15-nba-players-who-were-bullied-by-kobe-bryant/

look at the number of teammates of his on the list... 

Find me a single interview of Kobe that qualifies as the same type of nonsense Kohli pulled a few nights ago.
Kobe was way better mannered than Kohli.

3 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

brother, when someone expresses such hostility toward a player online, using words like spoiled child, it may be a case of projecting ones own deficiencies onto them... try not hate players so much...

You are new here. If you stick around, you will find out that some of us says it like it is. And stop calling me your brother. I am not your brother. Basic form of respect is to address people as they want to be addressed. Address me as Mulo or muloghonto. Of did your mullah not teach you that ?

1 minute ago, Green Monster said:

brother muloghonto also hasn't seen michael jordan's  punching a teaamate in the face

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/mgzb7a/what-steve-kerr-learned-from-getting-punched-in-the-face-by-michael-jordan

or his immature hall of fame speech

it looks like muloghonto thinks i am punjabi :phehe: brother, my family is from central provinces in india, migrated during partition :phehe:

brother, a muslim cannot be racist, all of humanity is one race... please refrain from insults brother...

There are plenty of racist muslims out there, just like there are plenty of racist of every culture and religion. Stop spreading false propaganda about muslims. They are no different than every other people, just happen to have a different beleif system than the rest, thats it.

brother, that i cannot do... 

can u please show me whose career or confidence has been ruined by kohli... i am eagerly waiting ur response.

brother, please refrain from attacking my religion, all the world is one family, so you are my brother and i am yours, whether you want to belive or not...  

So basically you are proving that you have zero concept of how to respect people. Point proven that you and the likes of you are nothing more than egotistical idiots who lack basic decency.

Learn to address people as THEY want to be addressed if you even wish to begin to understand Vasudeva Kutumbakam and various other similar ideologies of one-world.

Just now, Green Monster said:

brother, they are not true muslims if they are racists. the prophet mohammad(pbuh) said all are equal under islam...

They are true muslims, if they say they are muslims. You are not the thekedaar of Islam to deciede who is muslim and who isn't. There are plently of muslims who wont think YOU are a muslim either.

As i said, Muslims, like rest of humanity, are just exactly as ordinary.

36 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

maybe, but just from experience watching american sports, it seems overcontrolling bullies make the best players and coaches, like the list i mentioned. obviously some other talent needs to be there also and that personality by itself won't make one great...

i live in teh boston area, so i know much of the patriots football team, and i can tell you bellichek is notorious for molding players to play how he wants them to. maybe this trait is better for a coach than a captain, but even kohli reminds me of tom brady in terms of the fire he plays with and focus...

with imran, he very much molded players to how he wanted them, the best example was wasim, who when he first came into the team, imran would literally tell him how and what delivery to bowl... i have no doubt he did the same with other players...

to me this thread is mostly an overreaction, u all are upset that a series was lost to the saffers, but anyway no asian team has won a series there before.

That's because Wasim complemented Imran's style of aggressive fast bowling, so he was easier to manage.

brother, why are you so angry? what is wrong in universal brotherhood? what is the need for name-calling and harsh words such as idiot... this much hatred for others is not good for you.... 

I have zero time to show courtesy to disrespectful people like you. It should be very simple. if you cannot address people like they want to be addressed, you have failed the first step of decency.

brother, please refrain from attacking my religion, let us keep the discussion to cricket...

Nowhere did i attack your religion. I am simply stating that you do not get to deceide who is/is not a muslim and what muslims are/are not like. You speak for yourself. not 1.8 billion people

which player's confidence was destroyed and whose career was ended by kohli... im eagerly awaiting your response...

Every single one in the current lineup.

5 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

brother, why are you so angry? what is wrong in universal brotherhood? what is the need for name-calling and harsh words such as idiot... this much hatred for others is not good for you.... 

brother, please refrain from attacking my religion, let us keep the discussion to cricket...

which player's confidence was destroyed and whose career was ended by kohli... im eagerly awaiting your response...

You are the one attacking other people's religions when you make claims that racists of the world are from religions other than Islam

brother, i have not mentioned anyone elses religion, i only can say that one who claims to be a muslim and promotes racism, is a munafiq, and is defaming islam...

Says you. Some think you are a munafiq. To us, the standard definition of muslim applies - beleif in Allah and recital of the Sahadah.

racists have no religion in my eyes... i have experienced racism myself when i first immigrated to the US, so this is not a joke to me...

brother, i will ask you as you asked me, please give a video or article that says any of their confidences are destroyed by kohli...

he has been like this as captain only... on this forum itself, there was a thread that kohli himself set a record with 30 changes in 30 matches, your players themselves know that they arent guaranteed a spot... this is same for all players...

And that is why i said he's destroyed the confidence of every single player in the team.

What you are asking for, is irrelevant, as no player goes on media to blast their own captain while still serving under said captain. Thats called professional hara-kiri.

brother, you mentioned mullah etc etc, this is not done... 

If you dont show respect to me, i wont show respect to a munafiq like you either.

9 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

d

brother, that is not the defintion of a muslim, there is more to it than that... 

Thats your personal opinion. The koran itself defines that and that alone (along with circumcision) as criteria for being a muslim. Since i am not jaahil enough to ask people to drop their pants, i will take them at their word.

once again you are bringing religion into a cricket conversation...

so you are admitting that, as you said to me, "you are talking out of your rear end". I am glad that you admit that much only...

Nowhere have i admitted such.

brother you started the insults below, if one wants respect, they should learn to give respect

Then start by addressing me like i asked you to address me. You threw the first stone of disrespect by failing to acknowledge me as I want to be acknowledged.

he is great captain if you look at:

• celebration after taking a wicket
  • doing bak bak on the field
  • saying aggressive/right things and increasing the jazba of fans at press conferences
  • leading from the front with bat (i think it has saved him a lot because he has made many blunders as captain but got away)

but he is ordinary if you look at :

• basic cricket strategies on field
  • team selections

I wouldn't go that far but certainly a very poor captain. He is mentally a 9 year old brat and it was never a good idea to make him captain in all 3 formats in the first place, he wields enormous power in the cricketing circles and just like an ill mannered kid, throws the toys out of the pram when things don't go his way. It isn't a surprise that in spite of being so ambitious he is yet to win a low quality pyjama circus league like IPL with a star RCB team. It will be unfair to expect a captain to have a poker face but Kohli is too fidgety and emotional to be a successful leader. This is the guy who flipped off the boisterous Aussie crowd as a youngster, same guy who proclaimed that Aussies were no longer his friends after an eventful series, the guy who celebrates like a lunatic after getting a batsman out even though he might have had nothing to do with that dismissal....acting like a monkey is not what you expect from a captain, you need to be a tad cold hearted and in control of your emotions. The greatest captains always keep a cool head over their shoulders, they might be seething inside or nervous but they rarely show it. Dada had many great qualities but because he wasn't always in control of his emotions he had a bad record in crunch matches in spite of being in charge of a very good team. Kohli has taken it to the next level, hence he is never going to win any white ball ICC tourney as long as he is skipper.....likh ke rakh lo. 

Coming to his other shortcomings he is adamant, delusional, corrupt, biased and a dictator. These qualities will drag him down in test cricket also. Look at his press conference yesterday, clearly indicates that he is used to having his way and can never tolerate conflicting opinion. Do you think brat will ever listen to his team mates and coaches? I doubt his gigantic ego will allow it. Kumble was one guy who could tame that beast, a Kumble-Kohli partnership would have worked wonders for our test team. But Kohli hated people who dared question his idiocy and thought process. Remember Kumble was the guy who forced Kohli to sit out of Dharamsala and give Kuldeep a debut......Kumble was the guy who wanted us to bat first against the mental midgets in CT F, whatever he did, he did keeping Indian cricket's best interests at heart, apparently that doesn't suit Kohli's style. He wants slave dogs like Shastri and Arun/Sridhar around him licking his boots and carrying Anushka's shopping bags. He can't work with strong personalities, so no wonder Dravid/Zak have kept away from the consultant role, do you think these guys were sleeping when they saw what happened to Kumble? His bias is well known, don't want to write an essay but clearly his commercial interests and business matters take precedence over ability and performance. He can justify his selections via frequently abused cliche like horses for courses, current form etc. 99% of Indian fans are chewts of the highest order and will lap it up, but those that know better can see the conflict of interest and how Bunty Sajdeh is finishing Indian cricket every passing day. His delusions came flowing yesterday when he contrasted our poor batting to the Aus 2014-15 tour where we regularly posted 450+ scores....I mean if this guy thinks the pitches can be compared nothing to be added really. He is in his own parallel realm where aggressiveness and intent have different meanings. Mcgrath once said that when he sees Dravid leave ball after ball and get a 60 ball 5 under testing circumstances that is aggression, Kohli believes a 10 ball 20 is aggression, his stupidity knows no bounds and unless checked will make this Eng tour a sicker joke than the Summer of 42 (1974 tour). Tests are won on grit and patience, even Lloyd's WI team didn't have such a weird definition of aggressiveness as Kohli has. Overseas tests for Asian teams in in SA/Eng are won when you grind the opposition to dust, score 240/3 in a full day's play and make it a war of attrition, watching how Che and Vijay played this series or for that matter our shot selection yesterday, it seems team management has royally *ed the brains of all our players. Kohli has always been tactically inept, that has been clear from his shorter format exploits as captain but even his strategy sucks and makes no sense. When a bowler is bowling well he removes him from the attack and keeps him away for half a day, continuing with a bowler bowling 8th stump line when the opposition team is under the pump, sacrificing a great keeper for 3 extra runs plus 4 dropped catches......this guys is clueless. Finally coming to the insecurity part, this guy cannot tolerate a 2nd superstar and that is the source of half our problems. Youngsters will have a hard time under his reign because he doesn't want to share power, he would rather surround himself with TTFs and old age people and be that one andhon mein kaana raja that Indian public loves, admit it Indian public loves its lone warriors and moral victors, we as a nation have a hero worshiping mentality that puts individual performances over team results. Minnow nation with minnow mentality !!!!!!!

Zero imagination, zero tactics, zero strategy, zero patience, Bollywood diva level insecurity...he already has a worse start than Dhoni on the captaincy front and he may well achieve the nigh impossible task of setting an even lower bar for Indian captains which Dhoni did post 2011 WC. 

Edited by Gollum
On 18/01/2018 at 5:13 AM, Straight Drive said:

Azhar was worst because no Indian captain stooped as low as him. Virat is second worst I would say. Azhar saves him from being the worst.

Goes without saying that blatant stuff like match-fixing are on a different level altogether. Excluding them for a moment, I think Kohli is quite high on the list. What makes him such a strong contender for the top spot is his tremendous confidence in his captaincy skills, which is as unshakeable as it is misplaced. Tendulkar was a poor captain, but he was at least wise enough to see it himself, and stepped down in favour of Ganguly -- leading to an (in hindsight) wonderful blossoming phase of Indian cricket. Kohli is undroppable as a player (this is India, not England) and too stubborn to step down quietly.

Edited by abc

One keeps waiting for Kuptaan Wrogn to "learn" on the job as captain.  But this disastrous "backing" of his agent's damaad, even if based solely on his self-professed admiration of his batting talents, may have been enough to cost us a test series.   The 1st test match was only one partnership in either innings away from being a historic Indian win.  

I'm not going to pass judgement or over-react and anoint him as the "worst" captain "ever".   He's not that, by any stretch.  But he continues to have Himalayan sized room for improvement as Captain - in his selection choices, and his on-field tactics.