IPL Auction Live thread

BeautifulGame

35 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

May I know which state are you from if you don't mind sharing.

I am curious. 

Father from Bhopal, Mom from Palakkad whose family migrated to Delhi as a kid. Mixed marriage a la 2 states, plus I was born and brought up in Bengal. Did college in Goa and Bengaluru, worked in Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru....so yeah difficult to answer in one line :phew:. I speak Hindi (2nd language), Bengali (3rd language), rudimentary in Tamil and Telugu, identify myself more with Bengal tbh. Support Bengal in all sports be it Santosh Trophy or domestic cricket.  

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Father from Bhopal, Mom from Palakkad whose family migrated to Delhi as a kid. Mixed marriage a la 2 states, plus I was born and brought up in Bengal. Did college in Goa and Bengaluru, worked in Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru....so yeah difficult to answer in one line :phew:. I speak Hindi (2nd language), Bengali (3rd language), rudimentary in Tamil and Telugu, identify myself more with Bengal tbh. Support Bengal in all sports be it Santosh Trophy or domestic cricket.  

There is a slot available on ICF where you can watch every game.... complain...call every young bowler a trundler..,watch more and complain.... Call  every young batsman a hack...watch even more and complain....hate on IPL..watch a lot more and complain..say it is a circus and tamasha watch even even more and complain.

@fineleg is considering retirement :giggle:

you can take over.

Just now, maniac said:

Why did Kings X1 even retain Axar Patel...they should have let everyone go and go crazy on the auction for a couple of marquee names :wall:

they let go everyone to retain Axar...really ?

Seriously a silly move.

Anyway, is willow covering Auction live? Last year it did show. Nothing on the tv guide.

I hope they show.

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

So I feel going by your resume, I would pray kKR picks Ishant.

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Wow wow wow.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Seriously a silly move.

Anyway, is willow covering Auction live? Last year it did show. Nothing on the tv guide.

I hope they show.

It says Hotstar...I already tried my free trial of it during the ind Aus series...better quality than willow tbh...but I am getting such a good offer from sling hard to leave willow tv

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Off the top of my head apart from the people you mentioned the ones still active are 

@beetle SRH and DD

@mishra @rkt.india DD

@StriKe @sscomp32 @Sidhoni @Detonator CSK

@Lannister @TheWall @philcric RCB

@express bowling  @CG @Malcolm Merlyn KKR

@Mariyam @G_B_ @sarcastic @Pollack @asterix Mi

Thanks. Updated my list  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, abc said:

Even if Saha goes unsold, he will probably play club cricket for Mohun Bagan instead :wall:

Do not get me wrong -- I actually like the general premise; the legendary Australian system could be so, because international stars (Hayden, Langer, Ponting et al.) regularly played Grade cricket (Ponting famously kept tabs on grade cricket results even when on national duty, which, according to M "Mr. Cricket" Hussey, makes Ponting the "real" Mr. Cricket) ...

Unfortunately, Saha's efforts are a bit wasted in CAB club tournaments, because there is a **tremendous** anti-East Zone (non-Hindi belt) bias when it comes to national selection. Unless you are a bona fide ATG, you will not even make the squad, let alone the playing XI. At the moment, we have Saha, but still there are voices galore calling for his removal. Tells you all you need to know about the pathetic state of affairs. Sudip Chatterjee, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Shreevats Goswami, Anustup Majumdar, Writtick Chatterjee, Ishan Porel, Kanishk Seth -- most have not even heard of them.

I am with you on this brother, the bias against Bengal is evident even on this forum. In fact I would say Bengal, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu (the 3 present powerhouses of East+South zone) will have a tough time in the near future, irrespective of merit all spots are being filled by Hindi belt+Punjab/Mumbai/Gujarat. All achievements by players from these 3 states are being downplayed to such an extent that sometimes I want to stop posting on this forum. Saha is the GOAT Indian keeper and a primary candidate for ATG Indian XI, yet he is treated like an untouchable here. Vijay, Rahul, Ashwin, Nair all in the firing line irrespective of their pedigree. Even a UPwallah like Shami is a pariah here just because he chose to represent Bengal. Under Kumble this wasn't the case, all the more reason why I am sad after his departure. I hate getting into debates over zonal representation and * but * got real, there is a deliberate tilt towards certain state players and that is grossly unfair, I mean when stalwarts like Ashwin, Saha, Vijay, Rahul, Shami are being attacked 24x7 you can feel there is a pattern at play here. 

Edited by Gollum

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

It says Hotstar...I already tried my free trial of it during the ind Aus series...better quality than willow tbh...but I am getting such a good offer from sling hard to leave willow tv

Okay have 5 days left for hotstar free trial, will be using that to watch today and tomorrow for this :)

Ya Willow is actually very much required even after intro of Hotstar to North America.

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

There is a slot available on ICF where you can watch every game.... complain...call every young bowler a trundler..,watch more and complain.... Call  every young batsman a hack...watch even more and complain....hate on IPL..watch a lot more and complain..say it is a circus and tamasha watch even even more and complain.

@fineleg is considering retirement :giggle:

you can take over.

Come on man, that's below the belt. I don't watch IPL and I don't complain about it also, don't put me in the same bracket as her.

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Come on man, that's below the belt. I don't watch IPL and I don't complain about it also, don't put me in the same bracket as her.

Jokes apart fineleg is a good poster :) passionate but can be pessimistic at “times”

I like to see good young Indian talent in the IPL to be honest....the juzbaa for franchise is all in good fun. 

10 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

So I feel going by your resume, I would pray kKR picks Ishant.

No I pray no one picks Ishant and he gets a county stint. IPL 1st season was on when I was in high school, went with the flow and KKR was a sentimental favorite but the way SRK filled the team with Pakistanis, that was the 1st breaking point. Then we had some multiple captain * idea of Buchanan and  finished last I guess. Even attended an IPL match in person at Eden in the 1st season but never caught the IPL bug. 

I lost interest in IPL after I moved to college. I prefer catching up on other sports during these couple of months. 

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Jokes apart fineleg is a good poster :) passionate but can be pessimistic at “times”

I like to see good young Indian talent in the IPL to be honest....the juzbaa for franchise is all in good fun. 

Do they have auctions every year or one for 3/5/10 years?

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

That's good. This is good entertainment, I was addicted to Premier Hockey League as a a kid and would cheer against the Hyderabad team every time simply because they had filled their roster with Pak players. Now I only pull the leg of the CSK supporters among my friends because they are the guys who get triggered by baits. I don't follow the matches but whenever Dhoni's team loses some of us gang up on his chamchas and the butthurt is real among them when they lose :phehe:

Edited by Gollum