"Ee sala cup namdhe" - RCB !!!

velu

It will be absolutely epic if klr/mayank/karun shout this after winning it for kxip. :rotfl:

Rahul has already said it in an insta video. 

Forgot to add 

Manish can do it too if srh wins. Or gowtham and gopal if RR wins. :giggle:

All r namma hudugaru...:aha:

Lomror and Suyash play with the pressure of treating the senior players special on field.

When Kohli was batting, Lomror was hitting sixes with ease but he was under pressure to continue hitting to release pressure from one end so Kohli could bat till end. But we saw how it ended up.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Lomror and Suyash play with the pressure of treating the senior players special on field.

When Kohli was batting, Lomror was hitting sixes with ease but he was under pressure to continue hitting to release pressure from one end so Kohli could bat till end. But we saw how it ended up.

It is the team culture.  If you check parts of SHane watson's book he has subtly mentioned about it. He is definitely hinting about RCB's culture

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/shane-watson-in-teams-that-focus-on-results-instead-of-processes-players-start-playing-for-themselves-1343232

Paddy Upton for Rajasthan Royals built a process-driven environment that took all of the anxiety and stress out of a very pressurised tournament where performance and results were so important. The other team environment where this was done incredibly well was at Chennai Super Kings in the IPL under captain MS Dhoni and coach Stephen Fleming. I never heard either of them say, "We need to win this game today", or "If you don't score runs today or take wickets, you will be getting dropped."

"My second year with CSK really stuck with me. There was no chopping and changing in selection. In other teams I had been with, players were turned over constantly. If a player didn't perform for a couple of games, selectors would think he wasn't good enough and would replace him immediately. This meant that everyone started looking over their shoulders and thinking, "Gosh, if I don't perform in a couple of games, then I could be gone too."

11 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

It is the team culture.  If you check parts of SHane watson's book he has subtly mentioned about it. He is definitely hinting about RCB's culture

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/shane-watson-in-teams-that-focus-on-results-instead-of-processes-players-start-playing-for-themselves-1343232

Paddy Upton for Rajasthan Royals built a process-driven environment that took all of the anxiety and stress out of a very pressurised tournament where performance and results were so important. The other team environment where this was done incredibly well was at Chennai Super Kings in the IPL under captain MS Dhoni and coach Stephen Fleming. I never heard either of them say, "We need to win this game today", or "If you don't score runs today or take wickets, you will be getting dropped."

"My second year with CSK really stuck with me. There was no chopping and changing in selection. In other teams I had been with, players were turned over constantly. If a player didn't perform for a couple of games, selectors would think he wasn't good enough and would replace him immediately. This meant that everyone started looking over their shoulders and thinking, "Gosh, if I don't perform in a couple of games, then I could be gone too."

That's what RCB did a lot when Kohli was captain.

But in last 2-3 years, this has changed atleast. This unit is a lot more settled. However, there is another problem which is that youngsters are playing not for themselves but to make the seniors feel special. They are under pressure that they need to save the best player rather than they go out and win the game for their team.

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

But in last 2-3 years, this has changed atleast. This unit is a lot more settled. However, there is another problem which is that youngsters are playing not for themselves but to make the seniors feel special. They are under pressure that they need to save the best player rather than they go out and win the game for their team.

Pandya looks like a million bucks compared to this set up.  Nehra was the coach of RCB too right? The strength of the side is not uniformly distributed

17 minutes ago, Majestic said:

RCB's problem is still not addressed, they are still top heavy and they have youngsters or "fidegty players" in the middle and lower middle order to do all the heavy work at the end. Not to mention all their senior batters struggle against spin and thus all the good work done during powerplay ends by the  11th-12th over.

RCB need to somehow figure out and divide their experienced batters and use the young batters in between. Ofcourse young batters will take some time to get settled and there seniors have to take up some load on themselves (Buttler did that for Jaiswal many times during his initial days, now Jaiswal takes the attack from ball 1 giving Buttler time to get set).

11 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

RCB's problem is still not addressed, they are still top heavy and they have youngsters or "fidegty players" in the middle and lower middle order to do all the heavy work at the end. Not to mention all their senior batters struggle against spin and thus all the good work done during powerplay ends by the  11th-12th over.

RCB need to somehow figure out and divide their experienced batters and use the young batters in between. Ofcourse young batters will take some time to get settled and there seniors have to take up some load on themselves (Buttler did that for Jaiswal many times during his initial days, now Jaiswal takes the attack from ball 1 giving Buttler time to get set).

Exactly. DK's performance last season is a flash in the pan. One could see it coming that DK was not going to reproduce the magic. He exhausted all his form in one season.