Poor DD missed out on this gem

vvvslaxman

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

For debate sake imagine him playing with Pant on those small grounds lol He would have done far better than maxie. 

Problem with teams like DD is that players won’t be motivated to do well neither they have any fan base and they are down at the bottom of the table most of the times so I think Watson would have been a flop like how he was in RCB.

Edited by gambhirfan

1 minute ago, gambhirfan said:

Problem with teams like DD is that players won’t be motivated to do well neither they have any fan base and they are at the bottom of the table most of the times so I think Watson would have been a flop like how he was in RCB.

True. Only thing that can change the culture is a good captain. But DD was too late to bring Gambhir back. He was well past by sell date. They should look for someone like Kane Williamson. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

True. Only thing that can change the culture is a good captain. But DD was too late to bring Gambhir back. He was well past by sell date. They should look for someone like Kane Williamson. 

Srh won’t be that dumb to release him and Iyer was always the blue eyed boy to lead Delhi unfortunately he’s not a captaincy material and I feel sorry for him as the guy is just into his fourth season and out of nowhere he was made the captain of the team.Only hope is that Gmr completely hands over the team to Jsw.Apart from Morgan if he is bought next year I don’t see any body else as a captainship material.Plus seems that Fraud Maxwell will be retained and guys like Roy and Munro will get the boot.

Problem with teams like DD is that players won’t be motivated to do well neither they have any fan base and they are down at the bottom of the table most of the times so I think Watson would have been a flop like how he was in RCB.
Btw , didn't some kid hit 46 in 19 balls on debut with DD?
So Watson kya cheez hai.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Srh won’t be that dumb to release him and Iyer was always the blue eyed boy to lead Delhi unfortunately he’s not a captaincy material and I feel sorry for him as the guy is just into his fourth season and out of nowhere he was made the captain of the team.Only hope is that Gmr completely hands over the team to Jsw.Apart from Morgan if he is bought next year I don’t see any body else as a captainship material.Plus seems that Fraud Maxwell will be retained and guys like Roy and Munro will get the boot.

Honestly A Bigger concern for me at this point is that Iyer is NOT AT ALL a captaincy material .
He is a flop batsman except 1-2 performances, and it already seems like he is being marked for India team captaincy in the post-Kohli era.

And this is the reason I feel Indian cricket will have a dark future when the current gen retires
None of the players have spark that old players had.

Atleast Kohli plays well.
Yeh Iyer tou...

JSW is managing Bengaluru FC well....but I don't think JSW taking over will increase the fanbase well.
Delhi crowd will never really gather that much for local club sport like Kolkata , Mumbai or Chennai.

Abhishek Sharma 

Yeah I know.
So I was like, if a 17 yr old kid can debut well with DD , and Pant can do well, then why not Watto?
Anyways , DD will never win an IPL till they have a substantial fanbase.
IPL is anyways seems to be scripted to a certain extent so I tend to take the performances with a pinch of salt

2 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Honestly A Bigger concern for me at this point is that Iyer is NOT AT ALL a captaincy material .
He is a flop batsman except 1-2 performances, and it already seems like he is being marked for India team captaincy in the post-Kohli era.

And this is the reason I feel Indian cricket will have a dark future when the current gen retires
None of the players have spark that old players had.

Atleast Kohli plays well.
Yeh Iyer tou...emoji58.pngemoji58.pngemoji58.pngemoji58.pngemoji58.pngemoji58.pngemoji58.png

JSW is managing Bengaluru FC well....but I don't think JSW taking over will increase the fanbase well.
Delhi crowd will never really gather that much for local club sport like Kolkata , Mumbai or Chennai.

This was my third Ipl game at the Kotla.Had seen DD vs MI twice 2010 and 2012 of course Sachin was cheered and due to him few supported MI and in 2012 as well but still I remember the support for Delhi was quite good.This time against Csk it seemed as if I was a supporter of an away team.Where I was seated me my cousin two kids and their parents were DD supporters.I never imagined that Gmr would completely destroy the fanbase like this.

1 minute ago, gambhirfan said:

This was my third Ipl game at the Kotla.Had seen DD vs MI twice 2010 and 2012 of course Sachin was cheered and due to him few supported MI and in 2012 as well but still I remember the support for Delhi was quite good.This time against Csk it seemed as if I was a supporter of an away team.Where I was seated me my cousin two kids and their parents were DD supporters.I never imagined that Gmr would completely destroy the fanbase like this.

these guys destroyed blackburn rovers as well :phehe:

4 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Yeah I know.
So I was like, if a 17 yr old kid can debut well with DD , and Pant can do well, then why not Watto?
Anyways , DD will never win an IPL till they have a substantial fanbase.
IPL is anyways seems to be scripted to a certain extent so I tend to take the performances with a pinch of salt

Imagine playing in front of your home crowd but still not being supported what motivation will Watson have to do well for DD who are losers and yes I agree even I don’t think Ipl is genuine.It works more on brand value than on cricketing terms.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Only positive with Iyer as skipper is at least some one who will be there for longterm and also we won’t have to endure a skipper who is past his prime like Mahela,Kp,Zak (was decent for us) or Gambhir.

The problem with Delhi is that they never had a consistent player who connected with the crowd with his personality and also scored huge like ABDV , Gayle and even Kohli to some extent.
They have a good scouting system I must say-but the thing is, they never actively worked to establish ground support.
They scouted good players and then sold them off.
While Pant is (arguably) good, that Iyer dude will NEVER be good enough for people to dote on , as much as Bunty Sajdeh would love him to be the Next Captain of Team India.

Waise hi I find Delhi crowd much less passionate about sports as a whole , TBH
(I have acquitances in that city).
They are not Like even Kolkata or Mumbai, leave alone the rabid South India crowd , who are utterly loyal to their team despite having no local stars.

They really needed to groom a local star(if not a good core like other teams) and win matches consistently to revive their fanbases.
Unfortunately a half of these bench will be sold off elsewhere and there they will shine(hopefully)

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

For debate sake imagine him playing with Pant on those small grounds lol He would have done far better than maxie. 

he played in a small ground at chinnaswamy with gayle, kohli, ABDV, rahul

he is strong enough to clear any ground........at the end its about team setup thats gets the best out of u 

Imagine playing in front of your home crowd but still not being supported what motivation will Watson have to do well for DD who are losers and yes I agree even I don’t think Ipl is genuine.It works more on brand value than on cricketing terms.

DD depends a lot on Individual talent and hunger for success than grooming youngsters.
They unarguably have the best talent agents in the IPL franchise but they absolutely can't manage or groom that talent.

While,what CSK excels at is they are extremely competitive about winning.
They are in it to win it.
CSK team management has the ability to motivate their players to play their game for the trophy.
Hunger is the bottomline of T20 cricket.
Ofcourse physical capabilities do pose a limit, but being motivated is the biggest thing.
Getting 2 T20 centuries out of a retired player is a big deal-and CSK has done that.
They have succeeded in winning the cup despite people labelling them as dadu team- they proved that experience triumphs over Youth.

Even Captaincy matters a lot.
SRH and especially KKR had a horrid bench strength-nobody had hopes on them.
Still, KW and DK motivated their teams enough to squeeze out some good performances.
Ofcourse, after Iyer became the captain, DD won most of their matches.
But that mostly goes to individual young players hungry for success over good captaincy.
(Plus I do think some of the matches were scripted to make them win so that their public perception improves).
But let's think, could Iyer had done it if he had , for say, KKR'S squad?
It is pretty well known that DD has probably one of the best bench strengths of this year's IPL.
Well, his real test would be next year, but given his own incompetence and DD's internal turmoil, I really doubt.
That Shaw dude lost his initial fire within matches.

Now, coming back to the topic, Ponting obviously cares more about his own image than making a gun team.
Watto has been his old teammate- so I feel he could've backed him well.
But getting good performances?
I don't think so.
He is nowhere a good motivator like Dhoni and the rest of the CSK management who treat senior players very well.

That's what I respect about CSK.
Call them old age home, but they respect their old stars like nobody else.
No wonder they have the biggest fanbase.

T20 is all about motivation, planning and captaincy.
Getting the best players of the world in the squad will fall feeka in front of a rag tag team of gully level players with a brainy and determined captain.
You can't win every single game expecting talented kids to click.

DD is poor man's RCB.One of my friends dubbed them "Talented Ba66o Discovery Yojana" after their run this year.
You can't do anything when the Coach is a dumbo and the captain is confused as hell.
One good thing though is Iyer doesn't demotivate players like Kohli in RCB tends to do.