WIMBLEDON 2018 discussion (and grass tune ups)

Dil Dil India

1 hour ago, surajmal said:

Kevin federline has a cakewalk till the finals. What scam are the wimbledon organizers pulling?!

Possible QF against Anderson (Nadal met him in F last USO, now that was cakewalk draw :phehe:) and SF against Raonic/Isner isn't cakewalk on grass. And not his or organizer's fault that Cilic couldn't beat an Argentine clay courter on 1st week grass...he was to meet Fed in the SF and also the most in form grass player coming into SW19. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Possible QF against Anderson (Nadal met him in F last USO, now that was cakewalk draw :phehe:) and SF against Raonic/Isner isn't cakewalk on grass. And not his or organizer's fault that Cilic couldn't beat an Argentine clay courter on 1st week grass...he was to meet Fed in the SF and also the most in form grass player coming into SW19. 

Who is kevin federline? Never heard of him:dontknow:

Hilarious to see Nolefam and faker himself peeved over one incorrect decision in favor of Edmund today. This from the guy who abuses time rules, takes fake MTOs, grunts louder and louder on important points, bounces the ball hundreds of times esp on big points and these guys have the gall to talk about sportsmanship and cheating.

10 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

Hilarious to see Nolefam and faker himself peeved over one incorrect decision in favor of Edmund today. This from the guy who abuses time rules, takes fake MTOs, grunts louder and louder on important points, bounces the ball hundreds of times esp on big points and these guys have the gall to talk about sportsmanship and cheating.

But to be fair to Nole that was the worst call I have seen in my life..... double bounce, ball out wide, net touch and yet Edmund was awarded that crucial point :facepalm:. Jake Garner should never officiate another match in majors. 

On 7/8/2018 at 12:43 PM, Gollum said:

But to be fair to Nole that was the worst call I have seen in my life..... double bounce, ball out wide, net touch and yet Edmund was awarded that crucial point :facepalm:. Jake Garner should never officiate another match in majors. 

It was still 1 point though, and if we are getting that nit picky then the point immediately before that one was contentious which arguably should have gone in Edmund's favour.

Like I said, Nole has a history of dubious retirements, gamesmanship wrt MTOs, excessive ball bouncing and loud grunting on big points, shouting at ball boys, getting his racquet over the net to hit shots, time wasting, etc. His fans should be the last ones to whinge.

Edited by Dil Dil India

So it will be:

Federer v. Anderson

Isner v. Raonic

Djokovic v. Nishikori

Nadal v. Simon/Del Potro

Djokovic's luck is amazing. He had a piss easy draw for a #21 ranked player. His only potential QF threats Zverev and Kyrgios, both of whom he has a losing record against, have been taken out and instead he gets his pigeon who is one of the biggest losers in tennis today. He will bendover again to his master in the QF.

I really hope Nadal takes out fakervic. Even as a Federer fan, IDGAF if Nadal gets closer to the slam record. Fakervic with his ugly sliding game winning a 4th Wimbledon would be an absolute travesty.

On 7/10/2018 at 3:18 AM, Dil Dil India said:

I really hope Nadal takes out fakervic. Even as a Federer fan, IDGAF if Nadal gets closer to the slam record. Fakervic with his ugly sliding game winning a 4th Wimbledon would be an absolute travesty.

I want Federer-Nole final, he has to avenge 2014 and 2015 heartbreaks. Moreover a negative H2H in SW19 for the grass GOAT against the Serbian looks pathetic, needs to right the wrongs. Besides Fed post 2012 SW19 has lost all the important finals (majors and WTF) against his nemesis....am sure he will be yearning for revenge.

Edited by Gollum

Apart from the Struff match Fed looks pretty underwhelming this time. He needs more baseline practice considering he may face Nole/Rafa/Potro in the F. Next up will be another servebot. This easy draw may backfire if he doesn't get the rhythm from back of the court :facepalm:, I miss Cilic now.