2nd test: India Vs England at: 3.30 pm IST on 9 August at Lords

tweaker

Untitled-1-7-768x402.png

The Indian cricket team would expect its floundering batsmen to take more responsibility in pursuit of a series-levelling victory in the second Test against England, starting on Thursday at Lords.

Squads

India: Virat Kohli (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Rishabh Pant, Karun Nair, Hardik Pandya, R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah.

England: Joe Root (c), Alastair Cook, Keaton Jennings, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Oliver Pope, Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Jamie Porter, Sam Curran, James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Chris Woakes.

Edited by tweaker

Dropped catch saved Virat Kohli at Edgbaston - James Anderson

“I guess that’s top-of-the-range stuff and I certainly loved the battle with him (Virat Kohli) at Edgbaston. I felt good bowling to Virat and my plans worked well. I might have dismissed him a few times with some plays and misses plus a dropped catch,” Anderson wrote for The Sun.

“But the fact is, I didn’t get him out and he scored a century and a half-century. So I’m not getting carried away! In fact, it makes me even more determined to be on top form in the Second Test at Lord’s,” the 36-year-old bowler added.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-england-dropped-catch-saved-virat-kohli-at-edgbaston-james-anderson/story-XLWRUXZKdbbTbZpEuupyBO.html

Hope Virat gets the better of him at Lords.

Just now, tweaker said:

http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/mohinder-amarnath-calls-for-cheteshwar-pujaras-inclusion-for-lords-test-733378

Former India allrounder Mohinder Amarnath feels Cheteshwar Pujara‘s inclusion in India’s Playing XI for the second Test at Lord’s against England could prove beneficial for the team. Pujara was omitted from the team

Sunny G is another one who wants him to play tomorrow and he was critical of Dhawan.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/cricketaddictor.com/cricket/england-vs-india-2018-why-rishabh-pant-must-debut-at-lords/amp/

Dinesh Karthik’s numbers do not reflect any confidence what so ever. Barring just one good tour he had here 11 years ago, his overall career stats paint a moderate picture. To average just 26.25 in his Test career, a lot of games where he has played as a pure batsman, is far from showcasing his talent.

Such numbers are far from satisfying and given the present setup of the Indian lineup, someone with a more fresh approach is needed.

Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly have proven that, and there is tremendous merit in the case of Rishabh Pant.

He has been in England for quite a while with the India A side earlier and now with the main team. .

With scores of 3, 67*, 58 and 61 in the four innings, Pant had batted in out here, recent form is no worry for the young wicketkeeper. By now, Rishabh Pant would have got well acclimatized to the conditions in England and this could be handy.

Another factor in Rishabh Pant’s favour is that he is a full-time wicketkeeper. Dinesh Karthik had given up on the gloves for a few seasons in the past for Tamil Nadu. Karthik’s keeping in the first Test too was far from satisfying, as he dropped a sitter on the first day.

4 minutes ago, tweaker said:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/cricketaddictor.com/cricket/england-vs-india-2018-why-rishabh-pant-must-debut-at-lords/amp/

Dinesh Karthik’s numbers do not reflect any confidence what so ever. Barring just one good tour he had here 11 years ago, his overall career stats paint a moderate picture. To average just 26.25 in his Test career, a lot of games where he has played as a pure batsman, is far from showcasing his talent.

Such numbers are far from satisfying and given the present setup of the Indian lineup, someone with a more fresh approach is needed.

Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly have proven that, and there is tremendous merit in the case of Rishabh Pant.

He has been in England for quite a while with the India A side earlier and now with the main team. .

With scores of 3, 67*, 58 and 61 in the four innings, Pant had batted in out here, recent form is no worry for the young wicketkeeper. By now, Rishabh Pant would have got well acclimatized to the conditions in England and this could be handy.

Another factor in Rishabh Pant’s favour is that he is a full-time wicketkeeper. Dinesh Karthik had given up on the gloves for a few seasons in the past for Tamil Nadu. Karthik’s keeping in the first Test too was far from satisfying, as he dropped a sitter on the first day.

Lets give karthik another chance, m no fan of him

But when u give someone a chance...give a fair one or atleast decent . Coz i dnt want pant playing 1-2 games and if he fails karthik comes back then pant agian.........this is wat we have done in case of our openers. Once karthik fails.....dump him forvever 

He also showed application with bat 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

If Pope does make his debut for the second Test, he will become the fourth player aged 20 or younger to have been picked by England this year.

In the space of eight months, England will have called up more under-21s than in the entire 16 years of Duncan Fletcher, Peter Moores, Andy Flower and Peter Moores again.

Pope’s elevation – following in the footsteps of Mason Crane, Dom Bess and his Surrey team-mate Sam Curran – represents a sustained punt on youth the likes of which English cricket has not seen in its history. And throwing a 20-year-old middle-order batsmen into a Lord’s Test against the world’s No1 team certainly counts as that, one informed not simply by Pope’s exceptional figures for Surrey this season, but by also something less measurable.

England are giving debuts to youngsters & our management has a hard time in selecting Pant over Karthik.

Inform fast bowlers is made to play A games & injured bowler is selected in his place.After Bhubaneswar Kumar fiasco, the selection committee should have omitted Bumrah for the first 3 tests.They could have selected him after 3rd test.

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Drop Dhawan and one from Vijay and Karthik. Bring Pant and Pujara in .... Kuldeep can come in for Umesh, who has not been impressive and not bowling fast either 

Read above story  and just hope that management was avoiding to divulge details

Edited by mishra