India erred in not picking Rohit Sharma for England Test series, feels Dilip Vengsarkar

Switchblade

https://www.crictracker.com/india-erred-in-not-picking-rohit-sharma-for-england-test-series-feels-dilip-vengsarkar/

Rohit would have been an ideal foil

“I feel India made a big mistake of not having Rohit Sharma for the Test series. I presume Rohit was left out of the squad because he has been inconsistent at the Test match level but having stroke players whose defensive technique is found wanting, followed by batsmen who believe in only defending, Rohit would have been an ideal foil for captain Virat Kohli,” Mumbai Mirror quoted the ‘Colonel’ as saying.

Taking a dig at the selectors, Vengsarkar also said: “By discarding him (Rohit), the selectors, it seemed, didn’t apply their minds as to who would succeed in the English conditions and to create a backup plan.”

Sharma had a poor Test outing in South Africa earlier this year and was also ignored for the one-off Test versus Afghanistan in June.

Vengsarkar, who has a batting average of 48 in England with three centuries at Lord’s, said India should start preparing for the future challenges. The 62-year-old said Prithvi Shaw, who has been picked for the final two Tests, should be made to play ahead of one of the openers at The Oval to kick off that preparatory phase.

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, mishra said:

Depends upon what set of questionnaire, Tailunt(PR team) had paid for journo to ask Vengsarakar. He seemed to have tried to tell that tailunt "could have been a backup".

Mishra bhai Rohit as backup in SENA is a guaranteed failure why not have Vihari or maybe some one who deserves it we have Gavaskar crying for Rahane Vengsarkar did the same ab Rohit bhai Mumbai k alawa bhi to baki players hai.

These Mumbai guys are smoking some good stuff. The guy who can't lay his bat on moving ball, hence proven every time, is being asked to play in such conditions. Big LOL! 

Ask him to be included in India A, and prove he is better than those guys to get into Test team. You have to start all over again, if you get dropped, which doesn't apply in Indian cricket. Thats why we never end up selecting guys who are in form. 

This was the best squad selected and best 11 played in every match except Lords. These players are just not good enough and it is time to move on from guys like Dhawan, Ashwin. Rahane and Pujara also should be done, they have shown no ability to sustain form and carry a team.

Rahul is not an opener and I would replace him too.
Only Kohli,pant and the bowlers will remain

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk