4. Kohli

5. Vihari

6. Shankar

7. Pant

8. Jadeja

9. Kuldeep

10. Siraj

11. Saini

12. Rahul -- needs rest after looong England tour and Asia Cup.  Can play 2nd test.

13. Nair

14. Rajpoot

15. Shami

16. Gopal

--  Bumrah, Pandya and Ashwin need rest.  

-- Dhawan, Rahane, Karthick dropped

-- Ishant not good in Asia. There are better prospects than Shardul.

-- Need to try out Shankar as proper batsman who can bowl seam.

-- This series should be used to get ready for the Australia tour ... drop HTBs and TTFs and choose proper test prospects who have the game to succeed in Australia.

-- Will stick with 5 bowling options.

-- Siraj, Saini and Rajpoot should be tried out in actual test matches. Don't waste this chance.

-- New opener should have good off stump game and should be good against the bouncing ball.

Test series vs Australia Squad  ( vision as of today ... can be updated later )

1. Shaw

2. Rahul  

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Vihari

6. Pant

7. Pandya / Shankar / Bhuvi

8. Jadeja

9.  Ishant

10. Siraj / Shami

11. Bumrah

12.New opener with good off-stump game

13. Nair

14. Shankar / Pandya

15. Shami / Siraj

16. Saini 

17. Bhuvi

18. Ashwin

--    I will choose 4 pacers and 1 spinner combo.  This is needed so that our fast bowlers can bowl shorter spells with high intensity on the flat Australian tracks.

--    Choice of 4th pacer cum batsman would depend on pitch type. Pandya on flat tracks ... Bhuvi or Shankar on seaming tracks.  Choice of Bhuvi or Shankar would depend on whether a better bowler is needed or a better batsmen.

--   This 11 has batting till 8.

--   Will choose Siraj in playing 11 if he impresses against the WI.   Otherwise Shami.

-- New opener should have good off stump game and should be good against the bouncing ball.

Edited by express bowling
9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Lets not think about Aus tour as of now- form n fitness is not knwn 

For aus tour we shud mark down players and take them on Nz-A tour. Once we knw the schedule of that ....what player to select for that tour shud be discussed 1st

No.

Thinking about Australian tour squad should start from now.

There should be a clear idea about what is needed. Otherwise we will see HTBs and TTFs playing against WI and blocking the needed players for Australia.

Last minute adjustments can always be made.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

No.

Thinking about Australian tour squad should start from now.

There should be a clear idea about what is needed. Otherwise we will see HTBs and TTFs playing against WI and blocking the needed players for Australia.

Last minute adjustments can always be made.

Thinking yes , marking players yes

but selecting a final squad- No

u think KL n Pant will go if they fail against WI and what if Vijay piles on runs in this time ....he will knock the doors

What if rahane finds form in this time , the guy is importnat in overseas

Rather squad as of now we shud look at probables for Aus tour 

And a plan shud be made to analyse these players through WI series n NZ-A tour 

Dont care about WI series.. should be used to try newbies

Team for Aus

1)Shaw/Mayank ( Might be a flop show like Pant but we desperately need backup openers

2)Rahul/Vijay ( Yes Vijay, who was unfairly dropped after Lords minefield when players like Rahane Dhawan and Rahul gets million chances)

3)Pujara

4)Kohli

5)Rahane/Rohit/Manish Pandey( Rohit just to put pressure on Rahane)

6)Vihari - No allrounder business. Batting is weak can't carry baggage like Pandya

7) DK/Pant ( Again DK unfairly dropped. Played decently in 1st test 2nd innings)

8) Ashwin ( Yes he *ed up in 4th test but even a half fit Ashwin was better than Jadeja in 5th test. Jadejas bowling was like a part timer

9) Ishant

10) Bumrah

11) Bhuvi/ Shami

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

the 2 tests vs WI and 4 tests vs Aus are the last two series of the 2010s. Some of the players are fading so it is probably the right time to start introducing players who can take the baton for 2020s .... Ideally, I do not want anyone above age 31 in the squad for these two series 

Edited by zen
43 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Thinking yes , marking players yes

but selecting a final squad- No

This is our vision of the squad to Australia as of today and not the final squad.   We are not selectors.

u think KL n Pant will go if they fail against WI and what if Vijay piles on runs in this time ....he will knock the doors

This is what I am against.  Piling on runs where  ?   Should have no bearing on the squad selection for Australia as Vijay has shown that he is not mentally strong enough now to put up a fight on tough away tours.

What if rahane finds form in this time , the guy is importnat in overseas

Rahane is not out of form. He is middling the ball well when he is batting.   He has lost his spetite for a fight on tough tours. 

We need players with fire n their bellies.

Rather squad as of now we shud look at probables for Aus tour 

And a plan shud be made to analyse these players through WI series n NZ-A tour 

That will happen automatically.

Just give your vision as of today.  Update it as the actual selection date nears.

Just now, express bowling said:

This is what I am against.  Piling on runs where  ?   Should have no bearing on the squad selection for Australia as Vijay has shown that he is not mentally strong enough now to put up a fight on tough away tours.

He is playing county and made a 50, their is domestic

the problem with him was his poor attitude which can be changed with a kick on back 

If we have to win in Aus we need to have experienced players......

SO have vijay on radar provided he keeps making runs in whatever chances

Rahane is not out of form. He is middling the ball well when he is batting.   He has lost his spetite for a fight on tough tours. 

He is short of confidence, 

Also a glitch with him n rahul both who are getting squared up while defending 

One thing with vijay n rahane is that they have quality...so ill always have them on radar but now their back is against the wall and it shudnt be easy for them. 

We need players with fire n their bellies.

Agreed but that alone wnt be enough

Pandya showed fight and application but fell short on experience and more

At the end quality n experience is also needed 

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He is playing county and made a 50, their is domestic

the problem with him was his poor attitude which can be changed with a kick on back 

If we have to win in Aus we need to have experienced players......

Experience is overrated.  Both tours to Sena this year were studded with experienced  batsmen.  And we faltered pathetically.  Inexperienced Vihari scored a 50 on debut.

Inexperienced Bumrah was the leader of the attack after 4 tests. While senior pacers could not take on that responsibility.

Yes, a few seniors are needed in the mix and in batting we have Kohli and Pujara for that.  And even Rahul.  

One thing with vijay n rahane is that they have quality...so ill always have them on radar but now their back is against the wall and it shudnt be easy for them. 

Agreed but that alone wnt be enough

Pandya showed fight and application but fell short on experience and more

At the end quality n experience is also needed 

Vihari and Shaw seem to have quality.  With Kohli, Pujara and Rahul ... it will be a nice mix of experience and youth.

Edited by express bowling
5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Just give your vision as of today.  Update it as the actual selection date nears.

For that i need to knw when is NZ-A tour happening coz i really wanna send some seniors on that tour

Assuming its after WI test series- Pujara, Rahane, Pandya, Shankar, Vihari, Nair, Shaw, Mayank, Saini, Siraj, Pant wud be on that flight 

and it shud be used as prep for Aus tour

Pujara n Rahane will greately benefit from spending some time with dravid. Dravid has gone through this phase and his company will help them. Also pandya needs to work on his batting in those conditions n shankar bowling effectiveness needs to assesed

Assuming It clashes with WI series - Then its a tough one, coz the better prep wud be NZ tour but Selectors will definitely go seniors in WI team . But i Hope we make good Helpful tracks for WI series and they have good pace attack....even though the diff wud be huge but i hope its a bit of test. Also i hope we cud play 3 seamers at home due to those conditions so we can test Siraj n Saini both may be with Umesh .

Pandya or Shankar will also enjoy bowling. 

• Kohli shud be given rest even from Wi series , hopefully he gains some perspective to sitting back in peace. 
  • Bumrah shud be rested from whole series to 
  • Shami, bhuvi, Ishant can also skip Wi series and play a domestic before Aus tour to have some game time. Also their state shud bat them higher up the order in those games
  • Dont bring back ashwin unless he is fully healed 
  • Jadeja post WI test shud go back to domestic n his state shud bat him up the order so he keeps getting runs under his belt
  • In case WI series Clashes with NZ-A tour , will have to drop one of Pujara n Rahane .....may be ill take pujara on NZ-A tour coz m concerned about his game agianst pace n bounce. Rahane can play WI series be captain n bat at 3......him getting runs here might help his confidence as Subcontinet condition is like monkey on his back. 

Rest i hve ideas but it revolves around when BCCI plans NZ-A tour ( that is what wud be idle for Aus tour)

For Aus tour here are my probable

Openers- Rahul, Shaw, Mayank, Vijay (outside chance)

No. 3- Pujara, rahane or if both fails may be one among openers

No.4 - Kohli 

No. 5 - Rahane, Nair, Pujara, Vihari 

No. 6 - Pandya and shankar

WK- Pant/Saha/KS bharat 

Spinner- Ashwin , Jadeja , kuldeep (outside chance)

Pacers- Bumrah, Siraj, Shami, Bhuvi, Ishant, Saini, Umesh 

With time, few games, fitness and form ill keep chopping this down. Im not looking much outside this group as it be unrealistic thought knowing how selectors work. 3 ppl they ll consider -Rohit, karthik n dhawan ...i dnt wanna think about them

Below is the 11 that I would prefer:

• Openers: Shaw and Rahul
  • Batsmen: Pujara, Kohli and Vihari, can bowl off-spin but needs to learn to utilize the rough areas
  • WK: Pant (Saha if available) 
  • AR: Pandya
  • Spinner / Pace Bowler: TBD based on conditions. If spinner, would prefer a mystery one 
  • Pace Bowlers: 3 from Bumrah, Shami, Saini, Ishant, Siraj, Yadav and Bhuvi 

Except Saha, everyone is less than 31 years of age. Shami's age is a question mark though .... The 11 has a nice mix of experienced players and new ones who can take up the responsibility in 2020s .... Pandya, who has the ability to bowl at 140+ and hit 100s,  could become a key player for Ind if handled properly. We have players who are consistent. Pandya's role would be to try to give Ind the momentum or snatch the initiative from the opposition, either through a good burst of support pace bowling or quick runs. His fielding is a bonus. Where our players drop catches, he can create chances. He would be more like a Swiss Army Knife  

PS Vs. WI, we would play 2 seamers + 2 spinners + AR 

Edited by zen
8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Experience is overrated.  Both tours to Sena this year were studded with experienced  batsmen.  And we faltered pathetically.  Inexperienced Vihari scored a 50 on debut.

Lets not forget vihari had luck going his way and conditions were better (not taking anything away from him) . The way he was hooking i have my doubts about him to in aus , infact even about pant n pandya batting. So ill like to keep every option open

I count experience highly , youngster will bring inconsistency but yea we can say so has our senior player but m assuming both at their best who ll give me more benefits 

Now lets see if these seniors strike that max ability 

Inexperienced Bumrah was the leader of the attack after 4 tests. While senior pacers could not take on that responsibility.

Yes, a few seniors are needed in the mix and in batting we have Kohli and Pujara for that.  And even Rahul.  

Indian seamer do mostly well when they are young an inexp , its when they are filled up with to much info . So Ill hands down take Siraj over someone like Umesh 

Batsman n spinner i take expereince in the wings

Vihari and Shaw seem to have quality.  With Kohli, Pujara and Rahul ... it will be a nice mix of experience and youth.

Quality yes

Weakness to yes 

It was not that pujara didnt have quality but he to struggled in his 1st overseas cycle and Rahul also has a lot of quality he to is struggling. 

Pujara hasnt been gr8 either, so acc to me his place also shud be under question overseas. 

As of now im keeping all options open apart from the disasters ones. 

I also wanna Add above

I wanna have Max data which includes games in WI, NZ-A, Aus practice game before deciding the final XI coz if u get ur 1st-11 wrong in 1st test ur 1-0 and then ur chasing. 

1st test is in Adelaide and thats kohli lucky ground , so i wud like if we get the best XI so atleast we can have a good Chance . 

So ill prefer waiting to see everything , coz in reallity their isnt much diff in players may be with exception of 2-3 . When the margin isnt that much lets see at time closes by

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I also wanna Add above

I wanna have Max data which includes games in WI, NZ-A, Aus practice game before deciding the final XI coz if u get ur 1st-11 wrong in 1st test ur 1-0 and then ur chasing. 

1st test is in Adelaide and thats kohli lucky ground , so i wud like if we get the best XI so atleast we can have a good Chance . 

So ill prefer waiting to see everything , coz in reallity their isnt much diff in players may be with exception of 2-3 . When the margin isnt that much lets see at time closes by

You could do all the hard work but at the end of the day, the selectors could just continue with the same squad :lol: