Leader(s) of our bowling attack?

zen

When I am selecting the test 11, I start out with the question - who are the leaders of batting and bowling? For batting, the answer is clear, it is Kohli. For bowling, I do not have the clarity. Below are the bowling leaders of respective decades:

• 1980s: Kapil 
  • 1990s: Kumble and Srinath 
  • 2000s: Zaheer and Kumble 
  • 2010s: Ashwin? Shami? Or is it a decade wasted by Ishant? The decade is about to end anyways 
  • 2020s: Bumrah (?) and may be someone like Kuldeep (?)

2010s. Home conditions definitely Ashwin. Genuine Match winner in Subcontinent. Played a main role in getting no 1 position

2020s. Bumrah fits the bill. He can be like zaheer. Spinners no one sadly. I don't see kuldeep as a leader. Ashwin if he cuts down his jugaad can stay till 2025.

Edited by R.D forever
5 hours ago, R.D forever said:

2010s. Home conditions definitely Ashwin. Genuine Match winner in Subcontinent. Played a main role in getting no 1 position

2020s. Bumrah fits the bill. He can be like zaheer. Spinners no one sadly. I don't see kuldeep as a leader. Ashwin if he cuts down his jugaad can stay till 2025.

I am not convinced on bumrah. Doubt if he can last another 3years . Too much pressure on arms . 

I want to see siraj for 5-6 tests.

Kuldeep I think will be a bradd hog 2.0

14 hours ago, prasen82 said:

I am not convinced on bumrah. Doubt if he can last another 3years . Too much pressure on arms . 

I want to see siraj for 5-6 tests.

Kuldeep I think will be a bradd hog 2.0

Waqar was quick and deadly only for the first 3-4 years of his career. Actually, by the 3rd year, he had reduced his pace. 

If Bumrah can bowl quick/sharp for the next 3 yrs, I dont think that will be any problem. He can still bowl medium pace with guile, and let some other rookie quick bowler soften the batsmen with pace.