Rahul Pant Partnership

Laaloo

Just now, Laaloo said:

Regardless of results or whether there was pressure or no pressure or against "tired" bowlers, this partnership was awesome. Partnership of 204 overseas on a 5th day pitch is awesome. Rahul shot of 6 off of broads short ball and then that swat over mid on to bring up his 100 was majestic. Pant cutting and flicking against broad was so pleasing to watch. It was a high quality partnership. One you can watch on highlights for years to come.

Really enjoyed today after I was pissed off in the fourth test. 

:hatsoff: to Rahul and Pant. Fearless batting 

We are used to calling pointless 30s before the inevitable anyways as great rearguard action. Refreshing to see this counterattack that briefly gave England the jitters for a period of time. 

6 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Regardless of results or whether there was pressure or no pressure or against "tired" bowlers, this partnership was awesome. Partnership of 204 overseas on a 5th day pitch is awesome. Rahul shot of 6 off of broads short ball and then that swat over mid on to bring up his 100 was majestic. Pant cutting and flicking against broad was so pleasing to watch. It was a high quality partnership. One you can watch on highlights for years to come.

Really enjoyed today after I was pissed off in the fourth test. 

:hatsoff: to Rahul and Pant. Fearless batting 

this is what could have happened if they played without inhibitions in every game, i think they will learn a lot from this. 

2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Pant is such a clean hitter of the ball. How the hell is he not part of the T20 and ODI set up :wall:

I am not even going the Dhoni bashing route but clearly better than Rayudu,Pandey,Jadhav etc

MS Dhoni, Naam toa Suna Hoga! If Pant shows he is 10x better than old track and field athlete, his spot will be in fire. 

Edited by wanted_desi
4 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Pant is such a clean hitter of the ball. How the hell is he not part of the T20 and ODI set up :wall:

I am not even going the Dhoni bashing route but clearly better than Rayudu,Pandey,Jadhav etc

1 minute ago, wanted_desi said:

MS Dhoni, Naam toa Suna Hoga! If Pant shows he is 10x better than old track and field athlete, his spot will be in fire. 

You guys know how much I love bashing dhoni. But this is a feel good thread appreciating partnership. Let's keep dhoni bashing away until Asia cup :nice:

more than any thing ,this shows the importance of a left-right combination at the crease. And the advantage of this is not minimal either

because it is not at all easy for a running in fast bowler  to adjust his line continuously  in such a scenario.

And Pant ....he achieved what even an ATG like Dhoni could never achieve, a 100+ in SENA....that too in his first series before even he turns 21. Hope the team management manages him well for the benefit of the team. Not  so convinced with Rahul though.    

8 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

more than any thing ,this shows the importance of a left-right combination at the crease. And the advantage of this is not minimal either

because it is not at all easy for a running in fast bowler  to adjust his line continuously  in such a scenario.

And Pant ....he achieved what even an ATG like Dhoni could never achieve, a 100+ in SENA....that too in his first series before even he turns 21. Hope the team management manages him well for the benefit of the team. Not  so convinced with Rahul though.    

Well in tests dhoni is not really an ATG. Above average player yeah. 

Above average in tests

Below average in t20s

ATG in ODIs.

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

Well in tests dhoni is not really an ATG. Above average player yeah. 

Above average in tests

Below average in t20s

ATG in ODIs.

Dhoni for all his performances combined in all formats is a certified ATG. An avg: of 38 in tests for a wicket keeper is a ' very good' category  performance. And add his legendary ODI status  and  being a highly successful captain in ODIs  & being a great WK , he is right up there. 

Can someone list out dhoni great performance in odi in sena countries or in world event against non minows. I consider him the lucky charm and luckiest man alive after ponting and I give him that as he got a great team and players and won almost all major event but his atg status in odi is quite debatable with not a single century outside Asia.

Edited by raki05