4-1 scoreline doesn’t mean we were outplayed - Virat Kohli

Switchblade

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-england-4-1-scoreline-doesn-t-mean-we-were-outplayed-virat-kohli/story-uvwSldWQVTliT6NeZdzJtK.html

“I think the 1-4 scoreline is a fair one as England played better than us but we were not outplayed barring the Lord’s Test,” Kohli said at the post-match presentation ceremony.

“This has been a great advert for Test cricket. The fans will come and watch if both teams play for a win. The basic idea was to go out there and play the cricket we are supposed to do,” he said.

“England are a professional side and we realised that the game could change with in two-three overs,” Kohli said.

“England also don’t go for draws and they played fearless cricket and so did we. That is why you won’t see draws in these kind of series.”

“Pant showed a lot of grit and character. We have character in the team and we just need some experience. When you get into a zone when you are not thinking about the result, things go your way,” he said.

“I think a lot of credit has to go to the two young guys (Rahul and Pant),” Kohli said.

“I am delighted for both the guys and it speaks of India’s future. We did not take our opportunities.”

“We can take a lot of heart from this but we need to apply ourselves better the next time around,” he said.

“There is a reason why we voted Sam (Curran) to be the Man of the series. It takes character to come in and play like that. He put England forward in the 1st and 4th Test match.”

The Indian skipper vouched for result-oriented pitches in Test matches like this series has provided.

“There should be exciting pitches all over. The crowd wants results and its good for the game,” he said.

As a parting shot, the Indian captain congratulated Alastair on completing a glorious cricketing career.

“Just one word for Cook. You have had a great career. All the best for all your future endeavours,” Kohli signed off.

:facepalm:

Very dangerous signs for India. I see some overzealous fans creating threads about WI tour team selection and Aussie tour selection, but if this is the attitude of this arrogant prick, I am afraid we are going to lose badly.

You only learn from your mistakes, but the first part is, you need to acknowledge your mistakes and your defeats. This prick is not ready to acknowledge defeat.

Yet another horrible away tour ends for India. Result was anyway predicted before start of the series.but some dumb fans were over animated before start of this series due to better performance in last SA series and saw this series was a walking in park. They have to belive SA was a depleted side and India was lucky enough to beat ODI series. But with current form, England is the team to beat. England narrowly lost the t20 series as well. There are lot of positives for India. Kohli, Rahul, pujara, pant coming to runs, bumrah bowled well, etc. India need to fill middle order with real test material they had in early 2000. Boy, that Indian team was the dominators. Wait for another England tour of India. Good luck :cantstop: