The Biryani Test | Ind vs WI | Hy'bad | Oct 12, 2018

zen

22 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

You did not reply to my points at all. Do you even know those players name? Zimbabwe was a pretty decent team. And no player sits out against every minnow game, the amount of cricket those guys played was so less, Sachin used to play 5-7 tests in a year in his prime, rest concept wasnt even there. Even then in later stages Sachin rested against minnows like WI when he was not needed

Indeed they had some good players henery olonga ( gave a pretty tough time your god Sachin   :phehe:), Alastair Campbell, flower brothers And that all rounder Neil jonshon at that time I thought he will have a great future but he just disappeared:((.my point is people like you suggesting virat should have played only against strong teams but your god Sachin has also a fair share of scoring against minnos

7 minutes ago, VT87 said:

Indeed they had some good players henery olonga ( gave a pretty tough time your god Sachin   :phehe:), Alastair Campbell, flower brothers And that all rounder Neil jonshon at that time I thought he will have a great future but he just disappeared:((.my point is people like you suggesting virat should have played only against strong teams but your god Sachin has also a fair share of scoring against minnos

Yes because people have the common sense to know that players play a ton of matches more now which gives them option to rest whereas in sachin time they hardly played any tests. But if you are just trolling go ahead

3 hours ago, SrinjayDutta said:

He should get a look in then. Maybe the wi odis?

We should not mix formats.

Siraj is great in 4 day / 5 day games ...  and often terrible in the shorter formats.

Md. Siraj  is a 6'1" pacer who gets some bounce and whose pace varies between genuine fast  and   fast-medium.  Gets zip off the deck and can move the ball both ways.  He has a  FC average of 18.9.  And he is in the form of his life, having picked 40 wickets from 5 Unofficial Tests, both home and away,  against 4 different opponents.

A test series at home was the ideal time to introduce such a youngster.

Shardul Thakur  is a 5' 9"  pacer who lacks natural bounce and his pace varies between medium-fast  and  fast-medium.  He has a FC average of 28 and his recent form is indifferent.  Looks innocuous more often than not.

He has been part of most test squads selected since 2016.  But makes his test debut in 2018.  This fact, by itself, shows that the team management does not have much confidence in him and he is a quota pick.