Ranji trophy 2018-19

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

its a shame these U19 quicks not tried by TM. If SS Afridi can play , so can Mavi, who looked better than him in U19. Even Rabada was fast tracked from U19 cricket. And we are stuck with Kaul and Thakur

Pure system ka mindset sadd gaya hai 

Selectors wants - kaul, chahar, thakur

Manju wants Wi to fast track thomas in test cricket but he wants India to selecto Unadkat 

Somehow i still beilve many working in the system still dnt beileve that India can produce fast bowlers of same quality

Funny thing, It takes Ian bishop to point out that i saw a young talent in domestic game "tushar deshpande" but guys like gavaskar , manju who cnt stop talking about the greatness of mumbai cricket wnt talk about deshpande 

12 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Shivam Mavi gets his first 5-fer

I am very very happy.

In my book, Mavi is the best uncapped fast bowling prospect we have in the country now ... as he combines express pace, natural bounce, big inswing and decent accuracy at such a young age.

It bodes well if he picks lots of wickets.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Shivam Mavi  

10  wickets from his first 2 FC matches.

Includes a 5-fer and a 4-fer.

All the best kid  !

What an impressive start for this kid.

If only someone in this team management/selection committee had some vision and groom this youngster. Surprised why Dravid hasn't yet asked for him to be added to India A, having coached him at u-19 level. Does he see something which others can't. Surely there are valid reasons, otherwise he's been very fair in his assessments. Khaleel, Shaw and Pant being prime examples.

Or maybe ex-bowlers like Zaheer and Agarkar need to hype Mavi a little bit. Heath Streak is the bowling coach of KKR, but is not heard much in Indian media.

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

What an impressive start for this kid.

If only someone in this team management/selection committee had some vision and groom this young

Absolutely !

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Surprised why Dravid hasn't yet asked for him to be added to India A, having coached him at u-19 level. Does he see something which others can't. Surely there are valid reasons, otherwise he's been very fair in his assessments. Khaleel, Shaw and Pant being prime examples.

Dravid did support Mavi a lot during his U19 days. 

I think they are trying to follow a process now and mainly including those players in A-teams, who have performed in the respective formats in domestic cricket.

Shaw and Pant did very well in FC and Khaleel in List A and domestic T20s.

(   There are exceptions like Deepak Chahar though, who has got a A-team berth for the unofficial tests without any notable season in FC. recently.  He must have some very powerful backers  )

I feel exceptions need to be made for exceptional talents like Mavi ... unless they felt that an A-team berth may mess his FC season and ensuing FC experience.

16 hours ago, express bowling said:

Absolutely !

I think they are trying to follow a process now and mainly including those players in A-teams, who have performed in the respective formats in domestic cricket.

(   There are exceptions like Deepak Chahar though, who has got a A-team berth for the unofficial tests without any notable season in FC. recently.  He must have some very powerful backers  )

I feel exceptions need to be made for exceptional talents like Mavi ... unless they felt that an A-team berth may mess his FC season and ensuing FC experience.

Someone in Indian cricket sees Chahar as an all rounder! Can bowl 134-135 kmph, swing the ball and score some runs (never seen him done so though). Nothing else explains him playing unofficial tests for India A.

On 11/15/2018 at 7:50 AM, express bowling said:

Absolutely !

:csk: says a big hello to you EB!