What would India have been like today if all Muslims had left for Pakistan in 1947

SecondSlip

3 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

Better question you should be asking is what would the planet earth be like if religion went off to another planet. Religion = cancer!

Seperates/creates barriers/wars for no god damn reason. 

Doesn't make a difference. With the right approach, religions can immensly benefit humanity. Just like u see science & political ideology being used for profiteering, war & mass murder, same happens with religion in the wrong way.

Edited by Clarke

20 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Doesn't make a difference. With the right approach, religions can immensly benefit humanity. Just like u see science & political ideology being used for profiteering, war & mass murder, same happens with religion in the wrong way.

It does make a difference. Religion has been around long enough to give you an accurate data that it causes more harm than any good. Politics isn't any better.

1 hour ago, Zero_Unit said:

It does make a difference. Religion has been around long enough to give you an accurate data that it causes more harm than any good. Politics isn't any better.

I don't disagree, I meant to say with absence of religion human beings would latch on to other tools to cause mayhem & destruction. The end result would thus not be very different. 

4 hours ago, Clarke said:

I don't disagree, I meant to say with absence of religion human beings would latch on to other tools to cause mayhem & destruction. The end result would thus not be very different. 

Human beings will cause meham and destruction regardless. We as a species have been on a course of destruction  since mankind came into existence. 

If you ask me, religion and the monetary system are the two worst invention of mankind. These two alone caused so many war/destruction/etc and still ongoing to this day. Combine that with greedy politicians who exploits people, especially through religion and money, you have a one way ticket to extinction.

23 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

Better question you should be asking is what would the planet earth be like if religion went off to another planet. Religion = cancer!

Seperates/creates barriers/wars for no god damn reason. 

Religions are different . You cannot put all religions in same groups . How many wars Jainism created?

51 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Religions are different . You cannot put all religions in same groups . How many wars Jainism created?

The core concept of religion is the same. If you think about it, its no different than how racism works - my god is right, it is better than your god, etc. I don't know much about Jainism but I can bet my arse that someone who follows that religion probably denied their kids to get married to someone from another religion. You know I'm right, and that itself is the act of creating separation/barrier among each other because of a certain belief.

Edited by Zero_Unit

22 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

The core concept of religion is the same. If you think about it, its no different than how racism works - my god is right, it is better than your god, etc. I don't know much about Jainism but I can bet my arse that someone who follows that religion probably denied their kids to get married to someone from another religion. You know I'm right, and that itself is the act of creating separation/barrier among each other because of a certain belief.

By your defination of racism 99.99% of world is racist . Even wealthy people don't want their children to marry in poor families. 

3 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

By your defination of racism 99.99% of world is racist . Even wealthy people don't want their children to marry in poor families. 

I have no clue how you came to that definition or even that conclusion but if you're a religious man, its quite understandable why you're so defensive and coming up with rabbit out of the hat argument from no where. Did you really think I didn't realize what you did? Selectively choose war as an example but didn't try to bother defending the rest of the points I was trying to make previously?

3 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

its not the concept of the religion its basically ppl interpretation

As i said whole problem lies with ppl wanting to prove themselves superior and other inferior and ull see mostly unsuccessful ppl indulging it , hiding behind their communities so in the end they can say we are gr8 coz our community or religion is gr8 

As u wrote above "my god is right better then ur god", Its all in the end to satisfy their own ego. 

Take xample in cricket , manju keeps talking about mumbai cricket coz he knw he has no identity of his own so hide behind the legacy of his community. I see this a lot around me specially in a city like mumbai 

BUMP! 

Sometimes I think that Indian leaders committed a massive blunder in letting so many of these people remain back in India during partition. 

A lot of people from this so called “peaceful” community are showing their true colours on Twitter ever since the poll results have come out. 

Very ungrateful and selfish group of people that care about nothing but themselves. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

In that scenario, we would have to travel to Pakistan to have a haircut or to repair punctures.

@Gollum:  Look at my hairs, I need a haircut (after not trimming hairs in years.)

Me:  Go to Pakistan.

Ironically I have never come across a peaceful barber or puncture repair wallah in my life, not even in Bengal :laugh:. Dunno where those stereotypes came from.  

53 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ironically I have never come across a peaceful barber or puncture repair wallah in my life, not even in Bengal :laugh:. Dunno where those stereotypes came from.  

here you wont find a Hindu barber, only peachfuls

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

here you wont find a Hindu barber, only peachfuls

I would never go to a peaceful barber, don't like the idea of them having scissors and razor blades so close to my neck, throat, eyes. ears etc. 

Peacefuls are totally frustrated, now they are targeting BJP supporters by complaining to their employers and urging/begging to sack them. 

Peacefuls should remember that even we can start economically boycotting them. How long will it take for us to dig out their hateful tweets and report to their employers/colleges?

Akshay here was quite civilized, just quoted a para from Ambedkar's writing. 

Same Uzair a couple of months back

Edited by Gollum