Indian feminists !!!

velu

5 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Sorta agree, but how is it different from saying " you are intelligent and speak well" .. is that sexist?

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Yea, at the core of it, physical attributes are a no-no while others are ok. 

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Of course not!

But telling a colleague that she should be at the forefront of a pitch; "you are pretty and just your smile will convince the prospective client to do business with us" is very sexist.

I see that as a weakness of the client who isn't looking at the pitch but focusing on the presenter. Plus its somewhat true as well. I just don't get the sexism in it when the weakness/bias of the voter or the customer is being used for political or commercial success. 

I

7 hours ago, Clarke said:

Yea, at the core of it, physical attributes are a no-no while others are ok. 

I see that as a weakness of the client who isn't looking at the pitch but focusing on the presenter. Plus its somewhat true as well. I just don't get the sexism in it when the weakness/bias of the voter or the customer is being used for political or commercial success. 

In our company courses on sexual harassment , such examples are used to show how not to treat collegues, commenting on dress, appearance etc

53 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I

In our company courses on sexual harassment , such examples are used to show how not to treat collegues, commenting on dress, appearance etc

Which brings me to the original question I posted here about context of a female's appearance.

Saying "Damn girl, You're so hot!" to someone not in the closest comfy circle is one avoidable thing.

Saying that an attractive individual is needed as a front face is just a known thing that is maybe not said aloud. Plenty of girls or guys get rejected for appearance in certain professions. Is it all about sexism in those cases ? 

Personally I feel there are nuances to every reference of a person's appearance and sexism/bias flag isn't applicable to each scenario.

Edited by Clarke

On 1/27/2019 at 5:28 AM, Yoda-esque said:

Sorta agree, but how is it different from saying " you are intelligent and speak well" .. is that sexist?

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Legalspeak on this is as follows:

The part in bold font is an integral part of getting work done or getting the point across in a meeting. That isn't sexist or suggestive behavior.

Suggesting someone use their smile/pretty face to help get a point across can be sexist and definitely is very unprofessional. 

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Legalspeak on this is as follows:

The part in bold font is an integral part of getting work done or getting the point across in a meeting. That isn't sexist or suggestive behavior.

Suggesting someone use their smile/pretty face to help get a point across can be sexist and definitely is very unprofessional. 

airline industry must be sexist .. i am sure they have some basic standards for air hostess when comes to looks

4 hours ago, velu said:

airline industry must be sexist .. i am sure they have some basic standards for air hostess when comes to looks

One of the most sexist.

But they are getting better.

A few of them are giving them the choice to wear trousers instead of tight fitting dresses.

Emphasis is shifting to fit and pleasant personality .

They are called cabin crew and very rarely airhostesses.

I wish they would do away with the rather garish makeup and give them the option of wearing no makeup.

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

One of the most sexist.

But they are getting better.

A few of them are giving them the choice to wear trousers instead of tight fitting dresses.

Emphasis is shifting to fit and pleasant personality .

They are called cabin crew and very rarely airhostesses.

I wish they would do away with the rather garish makeup and give them the option of wearing no makeup.

i dont want to be served by some not so good looking women  :no:

also they dont usually employ male cabin crews :((

6 minutes ago, velu said:

i dont want to be served by some not so good looking women  :no:

also they dont usually employ male cabin crews :((

:whack2: Cabin crew is there for making sure you have a safe flight .....not for you to ogle. Those women will put your life before their if there is an emergency....samhje !!!!

Think of them like your mommy....they will keep you safe  when the plane is in trouble.:whack3:

Edited by beetle

Never understood comparing a real life situation to a movie situation,whats the point...? there are certain ways women are portrayed in Indian movies...and when something shows in an entirely new way its taken as different and path breaking...why that should be compared with this,...? If u couldn't digest that scene  its fine...whats the relevance here...

9 hours ago, riya said:

Never understood comparing a real life situation to a movie situation,whats the point...? there are certain ways women are portrayed in Indian movies...and when something shows in an entirely new way its taken as different and path breaking...why that should be compared with this,...? If u couldn't digest that scene  its fine...whats the relevance here...

agree. real and reel life, both are different.  Cant compare them.  Also, what is so path breaking in Major Khusboo leading an All-women Assam rifles parade?

11 hours ago, riya said:

This.

Either women should not be 'feminist' and toe the line or they should be in uniform to be respected.

A woman having fun in life and doing her own thing cannot be worthy of the 'respect'.

There was another meme comparing the first female fighter pilot with the 'winking ' priya warrior and basically it showed that only one deserves respect.

The woman in uniform can also go home, get  into civies and go and wink at her boyfriend. Does she lose respect then?

Edited by beetle

On 1/28/2019 at 4:20 PM, riya said:

That scene was touted as a path breaking revolutionary thing for women in a movie, to do exactly what we cringe seeing men do it on screen. Hence the hypocritical reference to path breaking

18 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Feminists not understanding movie commerce.

You'd think men not cringing while holding a sanitary pad is a feminist win. Right? No, they still complain. Looks like we cannot do anything right for them.

Seems like mindless rant just for the heck of it .

Why can't men launch a sanitary pad?

Infact men launching sanitary pad is more effective in a country like ours.

Similarly the rant against Akshay is also kuch bhi...

He has taken up project on social causes that most mainstream superstars wouldn't touch and given the issue the importance it deserves.Kudos to him for taking on social issues head on.

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

That scene was touted as a path breaking revolutionary thing for women in a movie, to do exactly what we cringe seeing men do it on screen. Hence the hypocritical reference to path breaking

The scene was crude and the movie cringy...but the path breaking part was the direct expression of women's needs and desires which main stream cinema rarely dares to take up.

It was done better in the ' lust stories' .

There was a movie starring Tabbu ...can't remember the name which dealt with women sexuality but it was more about the hypocricy of society .