Indian feminists !!!

velu

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

That scene was touted as a path breaking revolutionary thing for women in a movie, to do exactly what we cringe seeing men do it on screen. Hence the hypocritical reference to path breaking

Not a fair comparison. Male sexuality is/was never repressed. The male always has had, historically speaking, egged on to explore his sexuality. It was the female whose sexuality was subject to norms imposed upon her. In that sense the scene was path breaking. Ofcourse as you rightly pointed out, it was cringe worthy and make a caricature like portrayal of the needs of woman.

Edited by Mariyam

On 9/18/2019 at 6:08 PM, coffee_rules said:

Sad that outsiders have to point this out, for Indian feministas and liberals, India is the most dangerous place for women. There are people celebrating because they can drive on the road without a male relative. Better see this movie than the liberal rubbish mission mars or whateve.

Yeah...lets lower our already low standards and be happy.

Let us look at truely backward people and bless our stars we can drive .

Let us bury our heads in the sand and everything is fine.

I do agree with the bit about our ancient culture being far ahead of the other cultures of that time....

The times when women and men were free to choose their life partners,free to wear less clothes  more suited to our climate without being harrased but we live in the present and the present realities are different .That is what the women are saying .

Can't keep blaming other cultures when we have  to write slogans every where to let the girl child live. Those cultures are not killing there girls like us with the exception of our neighbors .

Lets not pretend like things are not bad.

Edited by beetle

29 minutes ago, beetle said:

isro moms are saying that indian women enjoyed equality and respect way back .. 

many of the things agaisnt our women are acquired from other cultures and asking us to get rid of it

as far as i know , none of the western banks are/were run by women .. 

only in india it is possible

https://www.jagranjosh.com/articles/indias-most-powerful-women-bankers-1443618501-1

15 hours ago, velu said:

not sure abt in what context i told .. 

why absolute majority of the flight attendants are women  :dontknow: 

I believe that we are going through constant "evolution" in our behaviours. 

In West, earlier it was thought that only mother could take good care of the children and thus mothers were getting the custody. But the trend is changing and if both parents live in same city, then  lately courts are deciding for shared custody of the children where they live one week with mother and one week with father. 

I believe that a time will come where these differences will become minimal. We only have to give more time to it. 

Edited by Alam_dar

4 hours ago, velu said:

isro moms are saying that indian women enjoyed equality and respect way back .. 

many of the things agaisnt our women are acquired from other cultures and asking us to get rid of it

as far as i know , none of the western banks are/were run by women .. 

only in india it is possible

https://www.jagranjosh.com/articles/indias-most-powerful-women-bankers-1443618501-1

Again I believe that it is only a matter of time. When old generation retires, then we will see many women too leading the banks. This is happening not only in Banks, but in all departments. Gap between men and women is becoming less and less. 

7 hours ago, beetle said:

I do agree with the bit about our ancient culture being far ahead of the other cultures of that time....but we live in the present and the present realities are different .

Can't keep blaming other cultures when we have  to write slogans every where to let the girl child live. Those cultures are not killing there girls like us with the exception of our neighbors .

Lets not pretend like things are not bad.

Yes let's address the real issues, don't muck around with meToo, women's day, most dangerous country, indian men don't respect women narrative. The point of spaceMoms is that in urban homes, middle class, there is always a push for education boy or girl. That is the only way out of poverty.

Both the words Liberal and Feminist have been made an abuse. But I still feel myself both liberal and feminist and feel proud of it. 

How could I take proud in religion or glorious past traditions when both religion/tradition were unable to even stop the evil of dowry? And  millions of girls and their families had to suffer due to it, while religion/traditions didn't have the ability to stop such evils. Both religion/traditions are culprit here, and must be questioned and criticized. 

Worse, both religion/traditions were unable to reform themselves at their own. And it is only the external western influence which compelled them today to change. 

For me, there are still family traditions which are colliding with basic women rights. 

6 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Again I believe that it is only a matter of time. When old generation retires, then we will see many women too leading the banks. This is happening not only in Banks, but in all departments. Gap between men and women is becoming less and less. 

I meant it's not that easy for a women to become a top banker in USA , but in India SBI CEO is a women .. axis and ICICI banks were run by women as well

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes let's address the real issues, don't muck around with meToo, women's day, most dangerous country, indian men don't respect women narrative. The point of spaceMoms is that in urban homes, middle class, there is always a push for education boy or girl. That is the only way out of poverty.

Why should those not be important issues?

Sexual harassment at work  ,  crimes against women and lack of respect  are not related to women education . These are issues educated women feel when they step out of the house to put their education to good use.

These issues are not going away without being tackled . The first step towards tackling them is to talk about them and then demand action.

Regarding women's day..

I agree there is unnecessary drama in it as is on other ' days' like mothers day,fathers day,coffee day etc ....

Edited by beetle

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Regarding women's day..

I agree there is unnecessary drama in it as is on other ' days' like mothers day,fathers day,coffee day etc ....

Thanks god you stopped at coffee day and didn't include the drama at "Valentine's day" in the list, otherwise you would have made millions of young boys very very sad :laugh:

Most of these social movements were invented by the elite. Imagine a small village with a population of 400 with 100 men, 100 women and 200 children. The men indulged in hard labor and earn money. The women take care of household activities and the children. Now a man from outside the city wants to rule over this city. What will he do. He will divide and conquer. He will say to the women that she too can indulge in hard labor giving slogans and feel good stories. Now 200 people are working outside but it still remains the same amount of work and same amount of money at play. So 200 people working means more labor at work and the pay rate is cheapened. Moreover, the children are left in the lurch. This happens in a global scale now. Can't believe most people don't see this. What used to be a simple life has become more complicated by more tactics from the elite. We have become slaves to them by their deviousness. Feminism is not invented by a woman. It was a ploy by the elite to further enslave the masses. My grandmother had a much more richer life than these women today. And no she wasn't rich in monetary terms

23 hours ago, beetle said:

Why should those not be important issues?

Sexual harassment at work  ,  crimes against women and lack of respect  are not related to women education . These are issues educated women feel when they step out of the house to put their education to good use.

These issues are not going away without being tackled . The first step towards tackling them is to talk about them and then demand action.

Regarding women's day..

Reality in some worlds, but we are the worst.

Again, I am not arguing about reality, but just the narration.

Edited by coffee_rules