Psyche of a Muslim kid

vayuu1

First of all happy shivratri to my fellow icfers, as you know that on this auspicious day people do bhandara all over India, we too were doing a small bhandara and were serving sweets to people, as we were distributing sweets, my dad saw a small kid of 5-6 yrs age and told me to give him sweets, as I went to serve him sweet he refused by saying  and I quote "ki hum Hindu ke haath ka nhi khaate ",which stunned me and my father both ,immediate thought come to my mind that how can such a small kid hold prejudice against the people he is living amongst, but then why blame him when this whole ideology has been passed to him through his parents, their is a thin line between being a devout and being radicalized, I am afraid this is the case of later, a sudden thought come to my mind that what kind of future this country will have if such radical mindset pop up more and more in the future, It's time We seriously need to think about this and govt and people need to have a plan to counter it. It's not a troll thread ,feel free to share ur thoughts as well. 

36 minutes ago, beetle said:

Many hindus have been doing it for ever.

Infact doing worse.

Don't eat from the hands of lower castes,muslims etc.

Why generalise and over react based on one reaction?

And whats your point? There are Hindus who have discriminated others.  But now we have constitution and laws to correct it and its gradually changing. But what about the growing intolerance of Muslims towards other religions? It's already 70 years and still they haven't accepted the fact that there are other religions who have their own rights in the country, and so it's not all about them. Hindus can also be victims.

I can understand where you are coming from. May I know which part of India you were from. When I was very young like 7-8 yrs, I used to hang around near my friend's house. He had went to Tirupati and shaved his head bald. Then a muslim kid around the same age made fun of my friend and it was related to hindus and shaving head. It lead to me mocking his religion and we were going at it for a few minutes then his mom intervened and asked him to come inside his house.

But you can't judge everyone by the same token. I have a muslim friend who eats meat outside which is not owned by muslims. The only thing he doesn't do is eat what is presented to hindu gods. Maybe you live in an area where the muslims eat only food that is considered halal. When I lived in the US, I knew a hyderabadi muslim who buys meat only in muslim shops. The one closest was a Pakistani shop where he used to demand the animal be sacrificed in front of him mentioning allah so that he is convinced its halal :bird:. The other people who were muslim weren't so picky.

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I can understand where you are coming from. May I know which part of India you were from. When I was very young like 7-8 yrs, I used to hang around near my friend's house. He had went to Tirupati and shaved his head bald. Then a muslim kid around the same age made fun of my friend and it was related to hindus and shaving head. It lead to me mocking his religion and we were going at it for a few minutes then his mom intervened and asked him to come inside his house.

But you can't judge everyone by the same token. I have a muslim friend who eats meat outside which is not owned by muslims. The only thing he doesn't do is eat what is presented to hindu gods. Maybe you live in an area where the muslims eat only food that is considered halal. When I lived in the US, I knew a hyderabadi muslim who buys meat only in muslim shops. The one closest was a Pakistani shop where he used to demand the animal be sacrificed in front of him mentioning allah so that he is convinced its halal :bird:. The other people who were muslim weren't so picky.

Bhai I am from Delhi and this incident happened today in western u.p in an industrial area. 

28 minutes ago, someone said:

And whats your point? There are Hindus who have discriminated others.  But now we have constitution and laws to correct it and its gradually changing. But what about the growing intolerance of Muslims towards other religions? It's already 70 years and still they haven't accepted the fact that there are other religions who have their own rights in the country, and so it's not all about them. Hindus can also be victims.

Point is that we hindus are the last people who should be talking about not eating from some groups hands.

What happened to first sorting out ourselves.

Religious intolerance or fundamentalism is a menace but the example in the opening post hardly makes a good case of it.

An upper caste hindu boy saying we don't eat from the hands of lower caste or muslims happens.

Yes there are laws but still you read about dalit bridegrooms being shot for daring to ride a ghodi or daring to take his baraat from upper caste areas....

Let us first look ourselves in the mirror.

24 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Bhai I am from Delhi and this incident happened today in western u.p in an industrial area. 

Just let it go. As long as you are not abused or threatened, there is no point in arguing about these things. Its his choice to not eat the sweet :noidea:. Lets face it. India's IQ average is around 85. I would guess that UP Bihar those areas are far worse reflecting in their economy. Also if you add Islam to the mix, you get funda(mentals) only rivaled by Pak. I'm not saying the south is full of intellectual giants. We have our fair share of stupid people too.

If one thinks this is ignorant or bigoted, then they themselves don't have to associate with such people on their end. It is pretty clear that this is part of the kid's upbringing, so one will struggle to change it, even if they wanted to.  

A lot of people don't regularly associate/even interact with people they view as different than them, whether on political, racial, religious lines, intentionally or unintentionally. Many cities are completely segregated in the US, based on ethno-cultural-racial lines. Some people argue ethnic enclaves are a sign of vibrant diversity, while others could argue it is a failure of assimilation. One study I read a while back argued that political discrimination is larger in effect in the modern US than even racial/religious discrimination. 

Edited by Tibarn

2 hours ago, beetle said:

Many hindus have been doing it for ever.

Infact doing worse.

Don't eat from the hands of lower castes,muslims etc.

Why generalise and over react based on one reaction?

I think there is slight difference. the example you gave is down to bigotry, untouchabilty, class. While example @vayuu1 gave is down pure simple complexity and hate.

For example, I heard Mufti and opposition comparing Jamaate-e-Islami violence to ones from VHP, Bajrang Dal, Shiv Sena. I am yet to see RDX used against civilians by these people or them shouting slogans of separating from India on ground of religion.

Hope you understood.

In high school I had a geometry compass pointed at me, probably an inch away from getting my throat slit. My fault, I retaliated hard when a Muslim boy talked smack about my religion/puja/deity and some other ****. And he was a quiet guy who hardly got into trouble in school. Later he did his engineering in NIT, worked somewhere and last I heard was doing his MBA in FMS-Delhi, well educated family background too with his father an engineer and mother a school teacher. Seen it all, there's a reason why I am extremely choosy in forming friendship with that community and my rare Muslim friends are in fact non-Muslims if you apply their own religious definition. God save humanity !!! What happened in 7th century Arabia was the worst thing to this planet, future global warming or giant asteroid hitting will be more merciful than what happened with the birth of that virus called you know what. 

Edited by Gollum

55 minutes ago, mishra said:

Hope you understood

Yeah I understood that in the first post.

But still disagree that refusing to take food from someone of a particular group can be taken so out of context in the case of that child.

It could be a case of ...they don't eat our food,why should I. 

May be he heard someone doing the same to someone he knows.

May be it was just a case of not eating sweets on a festival because he heard his elders say it is against their religion.

If I had not heard such bigotry myself in people I know...I would probably differ but the kid gets the benefit of the doubt here because in this country ,he is not the only one doing it.

31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

In high school I had a geometry compass pointed at me, probably an inch away from getting my throat slit. My fault, I retaliated hard when a Muslim boy talked smack about my religion/puja/deity and some other ****. And he was a quiet guy who hardly got into trouble in school. Later he did his engineering in NIT, worked somewhere and last I heard was doing his MBA in FMS-Delhi, well educated family background too with his father an engineer and mother a school teacher. Seen it all, there's a reason why I am extremely choosy in forming friendship with that community and my rare Muslim friends are in fact non-Muslims if you apply their own religious definition. God save humanity !!! What happened in 7th century Arabia was the worst thing to this planet, future global warming or giant asteroid hitting will be more merciful than what happened with the birth of that virus called you know what. 

And your fellow coreligionists did nothing to help you even though you have a clear majority. Just goes to show you the difference in mindsets.

3 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

And your fellow coreligionists did nothing to help you even though you have a clear majority. Just goes to show you the difference in mindsets.

Nah the situation was brought under control, we avoided him like plague after that. Worst part is his mom was a teacher in that same school. Happened in Bengal :p:

I just hope that kids are taught a lot about "Humanity" in the schools, and made them realise that Humanity stands above all religions and castes.

The taste of humanity is the only weapon which could neutralize the poisonous teachings by parents and society and help the children to understand and adopt secular behaviour and values. 

===

Do you think it is possible to introduce a subject with name of "Humanity" in the schools? 

Edited by Alam_dar

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Point is that we hindus are the last people who should be talking about not eating from some groups hands.

What happened to first sorting out ourselves.

Religious intolerance or fundamentalism is a menace but the example in the opening post hardly makes a good case of it.

An upper caste hindu boy saying we don't eat from the hands of lower caste or muslims happens.

Yes there are laws but still you read about dalit bridegrooms being shot for daring to ride a ghodi or daring to take his baraat from upper caste areas....

Let us first look ourselves in the mirror.

We have our own introspection where many Hindus are working on our shortcomings. We have progressed and will continue to work. But what about Muslims? They couldn't even support the triple talaq bill.

And why is that always Hindus are full of guilt and apologetic of past crimes? We don't see Muslims ever feeling guilt over the past crimes?

Edited by someone

the moral of the story : A muslim will always be a muslim, how ever fake secularists try to change their minds there is a limit after which they can't change in  general.Can find exceptions, but they are very rare. The reason for this.... simple ...... blind belief in the book Quran  where plain and blind  intolerance towards different   streams of  thinking  is the  basis.

Results of this type of thinking: If muslims  are allowed to  increase disproportionately in numbers  and thereby allowed to reach being a substantial share  in the country population, they will start showing their true colours of creating restlessness on the basis of religion thru out the nation. 

Solution: to profess religious tolerance among such  religious fanatic blind believers and change their minds is virtually impossible.  The most effective way is to keep them in check.Morons like Nehru,Gandhi etc were the main reasons in giving minority rights to these fanatics  and allowing them to grow this much. Don't allow any further special privilages to them .Central governments  should take strict ruthless actions  to ensure that     disproportionate increase in their numbers and  their political influence  do not grow beyond a limit at any given point of time.

People who are still in delusion that this is not a problem and that such extremists are every where should keep this in mind - despite being among the majority in this country and despite having extremists in the majority communities too, these minority  muslims are able to maintain  prosperous living(even better than that of majority community people in general) in India. Think of the reverse , specifically in Pakistan.Learn a lot from that and act accordingly.

33 minutes ago, someone said:

We have our own introspection where many Hindus are working on our shortcomings. We have progressed and will continue to work. But what about Muslims? They couldn't even support the triple talaq bill.

And why is that always Hindus are full of guilt and apologetic of past crimes? We don't see Muslims ever feeling guilt over the past crimes?

Nalanda-Story-Uploaderleaks.jpg